PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader screen just showing Moto logo / RSD sees it but won't flash

rolandct
01-01-2011, 07:05 PM
So I am working on a friends phone who has never done any "hacking" to it. When I try and boot into bootloader to system sbf to I can load Tranq and the bootloader info never shows up, just the moto logo. RSD sees the phone and says connected but fails to load a sbf with the 0x703b error code.
The phone works fine, is not a refurb, he's bough it in Oct and has done OTA updates to the latest.
Any idea why the bootloader info would not show up and just the loog? It sits there to like its on the bootloader and won't change without a battery pull.

Droid-Xer
01-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Question...why are you SBFing it?

Abe21599
01-01-2011, 07:26 PM
i think its recommended to sbf before tranq

1KDS
01-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Are you booting into the bootloader before connecting?

rolandct
01-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Thank you for the quick replies, sorry I haven't responded sooner. I am SBF'ing per recommendation before loading Tranq, as one of the requirements is deodex which the system only sbf addresses. This is how I did my phone and it worked great, so going with what works.
I did try and start in bootloader without it connected. I have done my phone and and quite familiar with the processes. You can tell there is a problem right away as we all know the bootloader screen comes up in a second and it does not on my brother's phone, just hands on the Moto logo. The only thing I did to his phone just prior to trying to boot to bootloader was rooting and loading bootstrap which of course shouldn't matter, right?

X-tac23
01-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Rooting and bootstrap shouldnt affect that. Are you using rsd lite 4.8 and which sbf are you flashing. The file size for the sbf should be around 280mb so check it with that

rolandct
01-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm using RSD 2.8 (running as admin) and the file size is correct. I wouldn't see why any app at all would matter either, but wanted to be thorough. I'll wait until I have the device in my hands. Maybe with all the New Years festivities that day I was just doing something completely dumb and will post after I confirm all the basics again.