PDA

View Full Version : Some concert video I shot new Years Eve with my X

Garemlin
01-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Spent New years Eve In Philly at the Halestorm/New Medicine/Madam Adam/Blackened Blue show. Awesome show!!! This was our 4th time seeing Halestorm.

Well this is the first time I got a chance to try out the X's video recording capabilities at a concert. Well they aren't terrible, but I sure wouldn't rely on the X as my primary video recorder. LOL

Here are a few. Due to Youtube taking forever to upload videos I will post a few more as they upload.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4oZMcBrVzc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCcGgb445nQ

Pensacola32526
01-01-2011, 02:38 PM
1. I think it's impressive for being a small phone, gadget, electronic device in the year 2011. It's not a Canon camcorder, but great for it's capabilities.
2. I have not shot a video in quite some time, but last time I was limited to 60 seconds. Is that no longer the case when recording?
Thanks for sharing.

psychotic_penguin
01-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Saw Halestorm here with Shinedown, Chevelle and LoPro. I thought they were fantastic put on a great show. Not bad sound and video quality and how did you keep your hand steady?

Garemlin
01-01-2011, 02:51 PM
1. I think it's impressive for being a small phone, gadget, electronic device in the year 2011. It's not a Canon camcorder, but great for it's capabilities.

Very true but my compact Nikon Coolpix S600 records in HD and the quality is impressive for a compact digital camera.

2. I have not shot a video in quite some time, but last time I was limited to 60 seconds. Is that no longer the case when recording?
Thanks for sharing.

Apparently so. LOL The second vid I posted was 8:28 and comes in at 633 MB

Jawcase
01-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Droid X hates low light, and Youtube reduces the quality of the video, makes little boxes in it. Though its a phone I wish the camera was way better, Id even accept a bit of extra bulk.

Garemlin
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Saw Halestorm here with Shinedown, Chevelle and LoPro. I thought they were fantastic put on a great show. Not bad sound and video quality and how did you keep your hand steady?

Yeah they do put on an incredible show. First and second time we saw them was with Shinedown. Being native to PA means we will prolly get to see them more than most areas. In fact they did a free show here in DE at Dewey Beach over the summer. Which I had to miss due to work.

Oh trust me keeping my arm steady for almost nine minutes in the air was a chore. My arms were starting to shake towards the end. LOL

Garemlin
01-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Droid X hates low light, and Youtube reduces the quality of the video, makes little boxes in it. Though its a phone I wish the camera was way better, Id even accept a bit of extra bulk.

All phones hate low light. LOL

Garemlin
01-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Here is another. For some reason the a/v quality on this one came out sooo much better. Maybe because it wasn't as loud and there was less background lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQ7Uh1rIUk