PDA

View Full Version : My Droid X might as well be used as a door stop now. Please help.

Kirakappukeki
12-31-2010, 01:14 AM
So i have had this droid for about 3 months. A few times i would have problems with it, but then it would be fine. The last week or so it has been randomly shutting down, Glitching really bad (everything was upside down and the text was backwards), and being VERY slow. Well my droid has been very slow for about a month. I have anti-virus stuff too. I was told that i might have added a bad app and that i should delete it. Well I deleted some, Nothing. Deleted some more, Still nothing. So i said screw it and i went into settings to factory restore. I copied some of the pictures i didn't want to lose on the computer along with the numbers that i've added because they weren't on facebook.

So it came back on and i tried add my google account. It said that i need to have internet. Ok. Fine. I go to settings to try and connect it to the internet and it won't. Its giving me a list of networks i can connect to but they are all locked and i never did this with my droid in the first place. I always just had the 3G thing at the top. So w.e, i don't have internet. I go to text my friend and it won't send any text messages. It will litteraly do nothing.

How do i get it back to the way i had it, with internet and texting and stuff?

By the way, i can't go to a verison store because i live about an hour away from the closest one.

1KDS
12-31-2010, 01:17 AM
call *228 and select option 1

Droid-Xer
12-31-2010, 01:22 AM
Yup *228 or try a another reset

Kirakappukeki
12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
Omg thank you so much. I'm so dumb. ^3^"

1KDS
12-31-2010, 01:28 AM
glad to help. glad you got it working

Kirakappukeki
12-31-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm hoping this fixes all the problems with the glitches and stuff too.. I'm hoping it was just a bad app.

1KDS
12-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Factory reset can fix a lot of issues, try to notice any changes in the way your phone works and reacts as you add new apps and uninstall any that slow it down.

Kirakappukeki
12-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Okay. Thank you so much!

kingsway8605
12-31-2010, 03:50 AM
Okay. Thank you so much!

The antivirus you have is probably causing the problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

eric eakin
12-31-2010, 04:45 AM
Don't forget to reboot the phone every once in a while too! ;)