PDA

View Full Version : stuck pixel?

CrownedAtBirth
12-29-2010, 10:06 PM
For quite sometime now my Dx has had an issue with this white pixel while taking video. Its pretty much dead smack in the middle and is extremely obvious and it only occurs when taking HD 720P video and not on the HD camera mode. I've played around with the settings and it goes away when taking a lower quality video, i.e. D1 (720x480) Anyways, it's really starting to annoy me as I use my phone to take videos for my cousins DJ'ing company. I'm rooted via 1 click on Android 2.2 with Apex v. 1.0.2.2. I got my Dx on release day and had this before the rom & root.

Sorry if this issue was posted somewhere else, I did quite a bit of searching here and on other forums but can't find anything that truly pertains to my issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Heres what I'm talking about:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9591/50l.mp4

GlowinSmurff
01-04-2011, 09:49 PM
That's considered a "Hot Pixel" it's caused by the camera's CCD, so it's a hardware issue w/ the camera itself, seems to be a fairly common occurrence in digital video equipment, as far as with the X itself, i can't quite tell if it's a standard occurrence or a few fluke events, i have come across several different threads across the web mentioning this issue, i believe the only fix would be to get it swapped at VZW.

CrownedAtBirth
01-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Yeah I kinda figured id have to get it swapped. I've read that its a software issue, that its a stuck pixel, hardware issue, etc etc. But it doesn't seem like I can do much about it though. Thanks for the info! :)

GlowinSmurff
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
No problem, if your wanting to find out more information though, just google "hot pixel CCD" and you should have plenty of results that show identical issues, mind you, it's a different device shooting the video, but it does fit exactly what your having, i've noticed this on some broadcast television in HD (it's really annoying when u can tell if they're using the bad camera for a shot, compared to a good one when they switch back and forth)

glad i could give you a little help :) goodluck w/ swapping it