PDA

View Full Version : Winamp Remote works great!

lifebeginsfriday
12-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Hey I don't know if it has been discussed, but I was actually looking for ways to get hulu to work - with no good outcome yet ;) ... but it made me think of something I setup awhile ago for my winmo phone. winamp remote beta( or orb ). It wouldn't work at first but I got it working pretty well.. music and video(video is very lowq unless your on wifi) but the music does work well on just 3g. only thing I had to do is set it up to use flash, then whatever you have in your pc library is accessible from anything with a web browser - user and password protected. you can get it here https://winamp.orb.com/orb/html/login.html , if anyone wants to try it out..

dennyjones
01-01-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm intrigued. I've been using Audio Galaxy to stream music from my desktop to my DX but it would be great to stream movies from my desktop to my phone too. What file type movies were you able to stream? For me it would not be worth the work unless I can stream .avi files.

Denny

dennyjones
01-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Well an update.. Using Winamp Remote allows me to remove Audio Gallaxy, sorta. The way Winamp Remote works; it streams music and video thru your browser whether it be your desktop or your phone. Using my desktop I'm able to stream mp3 and .avi files from my harddrive not using my home network. It has a little weakness when using a browser on the DX. I am still able to stream mp3 and .avi files from my external hard drive to my phone and play them but the UI could use some work rendering. The mp3 files work well on 3G but the .avi files work better on wifi.

The verdict is still out but it has possibilities.

Denny
Davison, MI

Additional update. I couldn't get the .avi files to play in the default browser but I can play them in Skyfire.

dennyjones
01-03-2011, 09:05 PM
P.S. I like it. It will play in Skyfire but will not play mkv files though. It is nice to stream movies from my hard drive to my DX.

mikeinrichmond
01-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey I don't know if it has been discussed, but I was actually looking for ways to get hulu to work - with no good outcome yet ;) ....
Here's the thread that shows how to get Hulu working on the X. Not perfect, but it works.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/14019-hulu.html

Deathshead
01-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Of you can just get orb too no?

lifebeginsfriday
01-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah orb works too... winamp remote uses orb... so if you have an orb account your set... as far as hulu I followed the write up could get it to work.. not really stressed about it... as far as mkvs they would need to be converted to stream... winamp remote wont transcode it. And I agree it could use some work... its beta and has been for sometime.. im not sure they're still working on it.

Sent from my DROIDX