PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever cut the screen protector out of an otter box defender/trident

hemi1300
12-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Pretty ticked off, have only had my kraken trident for about 4 days and already notice slight surface scratches on the screen protector, looks like where I swipe the screen for the notification bar, right down the center. Was thinking about cutting the protector out bc I have a steinheil ultra crystal on it anyway, but don't want to risk ruining the case. That's the only bad thing about these cases, scratch the protector up too bad and u have to replace the whole case. So has anybody tried this, and did it actually work?

hemi1300
12-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Never mind, just spoke to trident. He said in a few weeks individual screen protectors will be available to purchase and it just sticks right in place of the old one. That's great news to me, now if the protector scratches too bad I can order some replacements

noXcuse
12-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Just FYI, I pulled the protector out of my Defender. It was just glued in. Almost looked like a thin bead of hot glue. It didn't scratch, but was dull and condensation built up between it and the screen, whenever I walked outside in the cold.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

hemi1300
12-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Is there a gap around the edges of the screen where u removed the protector, allowing dust to get in. That would be the only downsie i could think of

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Xzombie69X
12-27-2010, 06:12 PM
this is why i hate cases with the built in screen protector, honestly trident should give you one for free.

hemi1300
12-27-2010, 06:52 PM
I agree with u, maybe i should call back tomorrow and make a bigger fuss about it. Their site says the protector is scratch proof, and after 4days of use mine has slight scratches already. Even drug my fingernail across the front pretty hard to see if it would scratch it but it didn't, i don't know how it happened

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk