12-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Since people where having problems with pictures I made a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6yDeefWNmk

gravybird
12-23-2010, 05:13 PM
awesome!!!! I will definitely be utilizing this

corncraze
12-24-2010, 02:02 PM
K I followed this exactly & im still having problems. The motions are still weird and choppy and now the voice is out of sync! Im getting so frustrated! I never had this problem on my original droid...

DebianDog
12-24-2010, 03:06 PM
have you tried a different DVD? VLC should auto correct for outof sync issues. You will see it in the log and that usually has to do with a dirty or scratched DVD.

dvdcatalyst
12-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Do you have the sync-issues alsdo when you try and play the file on your Mac?

If so, try playing the DVD with VLC and see how it goes, try a different DVD or maybe even a video file on your computer to test.

If the file plays fine on your Mac, there are a couple of reasons on why the file has issues:

1. Use the build-in Gallery app (or Act1) for video playback of these files. While RockPlayer and vPlayer are capable of playback of these files, the build-in Gallery uses a special hardware portion on your Droid to playback the MP4 files. The other players use a processor-based playback, which can cause stuttering and sync issues.

2. The settings used for creating the file. If you used 2-pass, it is possible that the bitrate exceeds the capability of the device during playback of faster-scenes (action movies for example) 2-pass uses a variable bitrate (similar to Constant Quality encoding), using a lower setting for slow scenes, and a higher setting for faster moving scenes. Try a conversion using 1-pass and don't exceed 1500Kbps (I'd suggest 1000Kbps or so)

3. The device If you overclocked/underclocked your Droid, or have a lot of fancy widgets running, playback of video can be affected as well. Try a battery-pull and see if that helps with playback.

edit: Try playing one of my trailers on your Droid, and see if they have the same problem. If they have the same problem, even after doing a battery-pull, something on your phone is causing the sync issues

DebianDog
12-24-2010, 04:38 PM
2. The settings used for creating the file. If you used 2-pass, it is possible that the bitrate exceeds the capability of the device during playback of faster-scenes (action movies for example) 2-pass uses a variable bitrate (similar to Constant Quality encoding), using a lower setting for slow scenes, and a higher setting for faster moving scenes. Try a conversion using 1-pass and don't exceed 1500Kbps (I'd suggest 1000Kbps or so)

Yes good point.

corncraze
12-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Ok ill try that y'all awesome for giving all the help by the way

corncraze
12-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Do you have the sync-issues alsdo when you try and play the file on your Mac?

If so, try playing the DVD with VLC and see how it goes, try a different DVD or maybe even a video file on your computer to test.

If the file plays fine on your Mac, there are a couple of reasons on why the file has issues:

1. Use the build-in Gallery app (or Act1) for video playback of these files. While RockPlayer and vPlayer are capable of playback of these files, the build-in Gallery uses a special hardware portion on your Droid to playback the MP4 files. The other players use a processor-based playback, which can cause stuttering and sync issues.

3. The device If you overclocked/underclocked your Droid, or have a lot of fancy widgets running, playback of video can be affected as well. Try a battery-pull and see if that helps with playback.

edit: Try playing one of my trailers on your Droid, and see if they have the same problem. If they have the same problem, even after doing a battery-pull, something on your phone is causing the sync issues

K checked my widgets, pulled the battery, did 1 pass on handbrake @ 1000kbps on a new movie, played the movie on my gallery and still got the same result! How can I check to see if its over or underclocked? What should it be clocked at?

dvdcatalyst
12-25-2010, 11:34 PM
try playing one of the trailers from my Trailer thread in my signature.

If the files from my trailer thread play fine, your Droid is fine and it would point towards the conversion settings used.

If the file plays on your computer using Quicktime (quicktime is picky in what it plays, if you use VLC it would play even if the file wouldn't play on the Droid) its the settings you used in Handbrake, if the file has issues in Quicktime as well then try VLC. If both QUicktime and VLC have issues with it, its most likely either the VLC Handbrake combination you are using, or maybe something with the DVD/DVD drive.

solidsnake
12-26-2010, 12:01 AM
thanks for the video

corncraze
12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
try playing one of the trailers from my Trailer thread in my signature.

If the files from my trailer thread play fine, your Droid is fine and it would point towards the conversion settings used.

If the file plays on your computer using Quicktime (quicktime is picky in what it plays, if you use VLC it would play even if the file wouldn't play on the Droid) its the settings you used in Handbrake, if the file has issues in Quicktime as well then try VLC. If both QUicktime and VLC have issues with it, its most likely either the VLC Handbrake combination you are using, or maybe something with the DVD/DVD drive.

K tried ur karate kid clip. It had a little bit of the weird motions I was talking about, but it wasn't nearly as bad. What where the exact settings you used for it?

dvdcatalyst
12-27-2010, 06:44 PM
The settings (and software used) are mentioned in the thread alongside the clip-links.

I don't use Handbrake myself, so I don't know if the same settings will work with that, however, I just joined in on this thread to help with the troubleshooting process. The information I provided in this thread apply for all video conversion software programs, regardless of what computer it runs on.

I would suggest to try my other suggestions as well, such as trying to play your files on your mac using quicktime, and just adjust some of the settings in Handbrake.
Maybe select the iPhone profile, and see how that plays. While the resolution (screensize) is a bit less, if that creates a file that works fine, you can go from there in adjusting additional settings.

You can also do a search for Handbrake on Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones: Motorola Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Incredible and Droid Eris (http://www.droidforums.net), which also has plenty of info on it.