PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Moto Logo, can't flash with bootloader

medicdanny
12-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok.... I need help.

I have a Droid x. It's been rooted and unrooted and rooted again. Last night I was trying to get the newest version of Android that I could and in the process something happened that now my phone gets stuck on the Motorola Logo. I tried everything I could until finally the battery has died enough that bootloader won't let me do anything. I can't figure out how to get it to charge or what I need to flash to get it to work again. I'm about to see if a friend with an X can drop by so I can borrow his battery.. Bootloader verison is 30.01. I have no idea what version of Android was the last one successfully loaded on it..

Any help is more than appreciated. Verizon said they can send a replacement but who knows how long that'll take, plus I have to pay the past due amount before they'll send it and I can't do that right away.

Droid-Xer
12-21-2010, 06:37 PM
First thing is to get the battery charged or another battery. Did you try booting into stock recovery and wiping data/factory reset?

medicdanny
12-21-2010, 07:35 PM
It seems that my battery is charging some now... but so far I haven't been able to get it enough to where boot loader won't say it can't function. I'll try wiping the data again but I've done that a few times at this point.

Droid-Xer
12-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Follow this thread while you get a charged http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/14050-stuck-bootloader-after-jrummy.html. seems to be similar problem.

medicdanny
12-21-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm not stuck it bootloader tho. I get as far as the Moto M Logo. I can get into recovery and into bootloader but at the moment I can't flash an sbf because the battery isn't charge enough. A friend is on the way with a charged phone that will hopefully do the trick when I swap the batteries. But before the battery died I was having issues with RSD lite flashing the file.. I guess if I can I'll just try a bunch of different sbfs until i find one that works.

1KDS
12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
No, do not do that, you need a specific file, hold on

wicked
12-21-2010, 08:18 PM
If you have the 30.01 bootloader you will need the 2.1 SBF, grab it at rootzwiki for DroidX, you will see it towards the middle of the page.

Once you've flashed back to 2.1 you can then take the OTA update

1KDS
12-21-2010, 08:19 PM
I see you have the 30.01 bootloader you should be on 2.1. Get the battery in it try to boot into recovery (hold home and power while it boots, release and hit search) wipe data and cache. Try to boot the phone, go from there. Check android version in about phone if you can get it to boot

medicdanny
12-21-2010, 08:35 PM
SUCCESS. Flashing the 2.1 now with a charged battery :) thanks everyone. hopefully the rest of this goes smoothly.

wicked
12-21-2010, 08:49 PM
cool, do keep us posted...