PDA

View Full Version : Getting it this week...how do I dress it?

marblejay
12-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Which screen protector?
Which case?
Any other accessories I need?

Going from Dinc to X. I like my rubbery verizon stock case on the Dinc,

psychotic_penguin
12-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I use a Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector, an Epik TPU "rubbery" case and the VZW leather horizontal holster.

jeverts
12-20-2010, 04:19 PM
I like my Otterbox Defender wrapped around my X sans protector except the OB one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jeebuss1
12-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Car dock is a must even if you don't travel much. I use mine every day. Pays for itself as a charging station alone.

Backnblack
12-21-2010, 05:47 AM
Mines been naked since I got it....

WugFresh
12-21-2010, 06:06 AM
I got a basic thin film screen protector from Verizon when I purchased the phone.. other than that I haven't gotten any case... this phone is allready so friggin big as is... before the droidx I was an at&t customer and use to drop phones all the time.. that is, until I switch to an iPhone.. that was my first real smart phone and I never really dropped it.. so I became less worried about that.. but I did drop this droidx once and it didn't do any damage at all but when it happened I was like %#@!!! And ever since I've have been thinking of getting a case... I don't really want a rubbery one because I feel like it would be annoying to take out my pocket.... anyone know of a slick leather one?.. open front preferably..

- WugFresh

Sent from my DROIDX

marblejay
12-21-2010, 08:50 AM
What about a spare battery? With the Incredible I have to keep one because it's such a battery hog. If so I either need to go naked or get a case that's easy to take on and off. Is the Otter easy to remove? I'm a dropper like Wug

DebianDog
12-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Mines been naked since I got it....

I finally scratched the piss out of mine. Not even sure how I did it. :(

ArmyofMike
12-21-2010, 01:22 PM
I was actually using the Verizon black silicone case for the first three months of my X's life. Kind of like a onsie for it.

I also use the Verizon screen cover. Although it does haze the screen a bit, it is still clear and very protective. Without it, I would have marred the screen terrible when I pulled it out of my pocket one day and my Pocket Knife caught the screen.

Just the other day, I put a Verizon Body Glove case on it and althought it is slightly bulkier, I really haven't noticed that much difference. It doesn't stick in my pocket and the case makes the X feel fairly secured and safe from shock trauma. I wanted the extra protection the onsie cover couldn't provide. The Body Glove is like a Swaddle Blanket for the X, all warm and cozy in there.

It has been soo nice to see my baby x grow into the mighty X it is today. They grow up so fast....*sniffle sniffle*

CFD51
12-21-2010, 02:38 PM
- Started with Clear Coat full body coverage (similar to the Zagg film...)
- Added the Otterbox Commuter Case (did not use the OB screen film -- kept my Clear Coat). Note: Plug covers s&^k on the OB -- just cut them off with a razor blade
- Setup my own car dock using a RAM brand mounting system RAM-HOL-PD3U (Added a 1 1/2" ball / arm and mounted this in front of my cup holders in my Tahoe)

Enjoy!

Honda4life122
12-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Car dock is a must even if you don't travel much. I use mine every day. Pays for itself as a charging station alone.

I have been thinking it over whether to get one or not. Is it really that useful?

MutantCheese
12-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Naked, like god intended. Slips in my side cargo pants pocket just perfect. I use/Love the home dock and car dock.

WugFresh
12-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I gave it a pajamas and a chefs hat for pahzaz.

- WugFresh

Sent from my DROIDX