PDA

View Full Version : Camera won't save pictures, crashes when attempting to record video

wevegotthejazz
12-20-2010, 09:25 AM
For some reason my camera seems to work perfectly fine except it won't take pictures. I can autofocus, the image looks fine, it shows the image i've taken for a few seconds while it's trying to save it, but nothing is saved. Also, when switching to video record and pressing record, the camera app completely crashes. I noticed this problem while running the latest Apex rom, but I've since wipe my SD card, factory reset and installed gummyjar 1.9.1 and still having the exact same issue. I can still access my SD card and everything on it so it doesnt appear to be an issue with read/write to SD but maybe I'm wrong. Any help at all would be highly appreciated! :)

Droid-Xer
12-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Try resetting the app. Go to settings/applications/manage applications/all tab/ scroll down to camera, force stop, clear data/cache and then try it again.

wevegotthejazz
12-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Tried that, still having the same issue. I've also tried this with other camera apps like Vignette and it still has the same issue. What's interesting is a IMG file does appear in my camera folder but it comes out as 0 bytes. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Droid-Xer
12-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Ok. Read this thread also. Particularly what fabolous said. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-roms/13914-camera-camcorder-not-saving-pictures-you-tube-video-player-not-working-etc.html