PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Plantronics bluetooth?

tombo
12-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi,
I am interested in getting either the Plantronics Voyager 835 or the 520. I think the 520 has noice cancelling and the 835 does not. I think they are both compatible with the X. Would like to hear from others about what they are using.

Also, I have some older Plantronics Voyager headsets that won't pair with the X. I used to think BT was BT, but that is not the case. Has anyone else had problems pairing older BT headsets with X? I will post that Q to the help forum also. :greendroid:

rrayll
12-17-2010, 11:27 PM
I have not used the 835 but have the 520 and the voyager pro. Of the two, I much prefer the pro. The pro is a newer model than the 520 and I have never had a problem pairing it with any of my phones, droids included.
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

mmw68666
01-04-2011, 12:57 AM
I have the pro also but i also have the icon by jawbone i like the pro better no problems

jumphour
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I have the Voyager Pro and just got the Voyager Pro Plus. They aren't the most subtle things (kinda big), but very comfortable and the noise cancellation, even in a car, is fantastic. The Plus has a nice voice feature too that says how many hours of talk time are left on the battery when you turn it on and when you end a call. If you just want a tiny headset that just sticks in your ear, they aren't for you. But I like having a boom mic, and can never keep those small ones in my ear without a hook, so these are great for me. And I don't wear them in public, so I don't care what they look like.

dennyjones
01-09-2011, 03:30 PM
I have an older BlueAnt Z9i and I didn't have any problems paring with the DX but I wish I'd done more research. I would have liked one that played the music from my phone too.