PDA

View Full Version : Mac to DX... itunes movies... What do I need?

martinsmith06
12-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey folks... newb here. I'll just give you a run-down of what I'm trying to get done...

I HAVE - a handful of "Protected MPEG-4 Videoes" in my itunes library, some purchased directly through itunes, others downloaded through digital copy

I'D LIKE - to put a few of these movies onto my phone, even if I have to pay for DRM removal software

MY DILEMMA - I can't seem to find any Mac compatible software that allows me to do this... any suggestions?

martinsmith06
12-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Little help from anyone who has gone through this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

dvdcatalyst
12-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Sorry, I'm not a mac user, but you will have a bit of a hard time getting this to work.

iTunes files are DRM-protected, and prevent conventional tools (DVD Catalyst/Handbrake etc) to convert them, and players such as vPlayer and RockPlayer also do not support DRM, so they can not play them.

There are a few programs out there that use a screen recording method to record the video while it is played. While this works, the quality as well as the speed usually fall behind performing your own conversions.

Doing a quick google search didn't bring up anything concrete, but I think your question might receive better answers on an Apple/iTunes forum.