PDA

View Full Version : z4 root not working after un rooting.

shadowsnkx
12-13-2010, 08:50 PM
So I was unable to get the newest verizon update. From reading, I thought the easy fix was to unroot, update, re-root.

So I have unrooted using the z4 app, update still failed, and now I run the z4 tool but get no root.

I had no problems with my root before. Thinking of getting the leaked rom because I did remove apps on the "safe" to remove list after rooting the first time..... my guess is that I took off the wrong app and cannot get the verizon update. I need the exchange fix.

duro78
12-13-2010, 10:00 PM
once again z4 root is off the market place that why its not rooting your phone

Abe21599
12-13-2010, 10:12 PM
once again z4 root is off the market place that why its not rooting your phone

lol thats not why

shadowsnkx
12-13-2010, 10:31 PM
lol.... I have searched other posts and thought that the problem was the superuser.apk file but it was not.

So i guess I need something thats as close to a factory flash as I can get. Afterward, I can update via ota and use the freeze feature with titanium. My previous freezes - backups died via a bad sd card.

ryant35
12-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I didn't unroot before updating and it worked fine. So it might be something else. Have you frozen or renamed any of your bloatware?

I did lose root so I found z4root on another site and rooted again.

Edit: Did you delete the bloatware? Go to the remove the bloat thread and download the replacement apk files and copy them to the correct folder.

wicked
12-14-2010, 01:07 AM
links are on this site people, no need to go elsewhere

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/13259-z4root-download-links-get-your-root-here.html

shadowsnkx
12-14-2010, 08:23 AM
This does not work for me

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/13259-z4root-download-links-get-your-root-here.html

joeyjackpot
12-14-2010, 08:41 AM
lol thats not why

hahaha, glad i'm not the only one who giggled

shadowsnkx
12-14-2010, 09:54 AM
I was able to get root back by using the RootmyX2 app. I have also tried re installing the stock apps to my phone to get the official update, but i'm not able to re install everything.....ex car dock, kindle (need file), helpcenter, 3g m hot spot.

I have been using the guide from here (removing the Bloat 2.2) and obtaining the apps from http://www.chadhaney.com/droidXDefault/#m .

joeyjackpot
12-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah, try to download the full zip of apks and then unzip on your computer, drag apks to SD card, move to system/app and trying there.

When i downloaded one at a time direct to phone, i got lots of parsing errors and what not from those individual links on chad haney

shadowsnkx
12-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I am still not able to install after moving the apk files. Let download location that has the apk files does not have them as zip.

trainedgymrat
12-14-2010, 02:04 PM
I am still not able to install after moving the apk files. Let download location that has the apk files does not have them as zip.

Honestly your best bet is to flash the updated sbf .340 which is the official version then root using z4, not sure i can post the download for the official file and its not from this site...

shadowsnkx
12-14-2010, 02:34 PM
This would require flashing to .320 first?

I have been racking my brain trying to get the right flash, but there are so many files...all with different stories in the forums

DieseL
12-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I had no luck with the z4root 1.3.0. Googled the older version 1.2.0 apk, downloaded it and rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

shadowsnkx
12-14-2010, 04:37 PM
The other method I used worked fine.
I had no luck with the z4root 1.3.0. Googled the older version 1.2.0 apk, downloaded it and rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

droidx005
12-16-2010, 10:49 PM

Thanks for this...worked great!

R01k
11-01-2011, 08:16 PM
I was having the same problem. I removed so many factory apps and made so many changes to my rooted D2G that I'm not even going to bother trying to restore them. And forget about a factory reset, I would spend weeks reconfiguring my phone. Besides, I've read that no root method is working after a successful update.

About z4 not working (despite a failed update), I just reobooted my phone and reopened z4. Waited a few minutes while the app was apparently working and closed it. Then tried to open Barnacle Tether (maybe any other su permission app would work) and for my suprise z4 showed up and said Rooting... Rebooted and I had back my phone rooted.