PDA

View Full Version : Replacement phone, OTA update, z4root not working.

justjosh42
12-13-2010, 12:56 PM
So I slammed my X in a door and just got the replacement.

I turned on the new one, activated it and now want to root it.

Got the OTA update, downloaded z4root 1.3.0 (to my phone directly not my pc as my virus keeps futzing with it) and when I attempt to run the apk I get "unable to parse the package"

Any ideas?

Once rooted I want to install rubix and once that is installed I would like to start restoring my titanium backups.

joeyjackpot
12-13-2010, 12:58 PM
look for another link, theres a TON on this forum. sometimes filehosting sites dont like to correctly store apks. also, more people have success by downloading to PC then connecting the phone to PC and dragging APKs that way. direct to phone apk downloads from websites/email typically give me lots of parsing errors...

justjosh42
12-13-2010, 01:17 PM
look for another link, theres a TON on this forum. sometimes filehosting sites dont like to correctly store apks. also, more people have success by downloading to PC then connecting the phone to PC and dragging APKs that way. direct to phone apk downloads from websites/email typically give me lots of parsing errors...

Ah then there in lies my issue. I cannot DL the file locally as im at work and my Anti Virus zaps it and I cannot disable :/

Any chance I can have it emailed to me so I can DL it direct to my phone? Anyone wanna be so kind?

joeyjackpot
12-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Ah then there in lies my issue. I cannot DL the file locally as im at work and my Anti Virus zaps it and I cannot disable :/

Any chance I can have it emailed to me so I can DL it direct to my phone? Anyone wanna be so kind?

The same parsing errors occur from email sometimes. Just try finding a different link on the forums and using your phone anyway. One of them should work. There is a link in someone signature (with the simpsons avatar) in the thread "Taking the OTA Update? Read" that is currently in Active Topics. There are also links in some of the z4 threads.

Btango05
12-14-2010, 12:22 AM
In the past some apk's didn't work for me via direct phone download as it had to do with the stock browser....Try Skyfire browser from the market.

wicked
12-14-2010, 12:44 AM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/13259-z4root-download-links-get-your-root-here.html