PDA

View Full Version : A "Droid X" ROM could work on a "Motoroi X" (Mexican Droid X version)??? HELP PLEASE!

usbar
12-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Hy guys, the ApeX 1.3.0 ROM loooks AWESOME! And i want to donate but i have a question.

I got a Motorola Motoroi X (Mexican version of Droid X) could any "Droid X" ROM work on my "Motoroi X"? And could this rom harms the radio and data of my operator in mexico (Iusacell)?

I got a system version: 3.0.15.MB810.Iusacell.en.MX
And version of androis is: 2.2

I would apreciate your help for everybody.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! :D

Abe21599
12-12-2010, 04:28 PM
i dont think its a good idea. idk the exact differences, but i bet theres some that would cause problems.

suquet.paul
08-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Bro; im also a Iusacell user, with a MotoroiX...
I rooted it since february; and since, installed every single rom I could find.
Apex 1.5, Apex 2.0 RC2, Liberty 1.3, 1.5, 2.0 and Libery GB 0.1, ~ 0.9 (every single nightly); ChevyNo1, even MIUI.

And yes; you will eventually lose your phones radio... I even got to one point where if I called *228, I got an answer saying that the number was not available (creepy).. But i got around it with a nandroid backup i found online and, dude was it tough... but after that, Im confident that im not going to brick my phone ever.

As of now, i tried CyanoGenMod7 (beta, with no GPS nor Cameras working), and for some reason, i dont have 3g (this means i lost Isacells radio)... No worries, i know i have it here somewhere; and ill just flash a .zip file and thats that!

So, dont worry. You can PM me if you wish to discuss this

Cheers!