PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Droid X Otter Box Case Giveaway

danDroid
12-10-2010, 04:51 PM
http://www.droidforums.net/img/droid-x-case-1210.jpg

It's that time again! We're here to kick off the weekend the right way with another giveaway. Last time we featured a giveaway for Droid 2 members with Droid 2 Game Grippers. Today we would like to show Droid X'ers a little love! DroidForums.net and OtterBox have teamed up to give away what could be considered the best Motorola Droid X Cases on the planet!

DROID X BY MOTOROLA DEFENDER SERIES CASE
An innovative three layer design protects your DROID X from bumps, drops, scratches and dust while keeping it fresh as new

DROID X BY MOTOROLA COMMUTER SERIES CASE
Three slender, yet sturdy layers offer tough protection in a sleek package. With a slim form factor and smooth outer layer, this case slides easily in and out of a pocket, purse or bag.

DROID X BY MOTOROLA IMPACT SERIES CASE
The OtterBox Impact Series is a durable silicone skin, brilliantly engineered with inner coring to dissipate shock away from the device.

How do I win you ask?

1. Follow us on twitter @ Droid Forums on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/DroidForums)

2. Retweet "RT @DroidForums.net Motorola Droid X Case Giveaway - For details visit DroidForums.net!! #droid #droidx"

3. Post a short comment in this thread and let us know why your Droid X needs some new protection

4. That's all folks, It's just that easy!

For more information about OtterBox Cases be sure to check out We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com (http://www.otterbox.com/). We'll leave this thread open for 5 days and then randomly pick three members. Winners will be announced on the front page of DroidForums.net December 15, 2010. Good Luck!!

onehandsolo
12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for letting me into this contest (even tho i didn't have a twitter)

I Think i need a case because well

I dont use my phone as a phone( i dont have a contract with verizon bought it unlocked!)

I use it as a mobile computer and because of that it's always coming in and out of my bags and getting put in places a phone normally wouldn't go

(Like wardriving, Into the woods for GPS when hunting etc.etc)

I'm also working on using this for astronomy using Google sky maps App to synch up to my telescope at home and track the sky
So being outside in the dark well you get the point..

This would be the perfect accessory to help me in my daily adventures and i will really appreciate it if i win.

ambulance dude
12-10-2010, 05:27 PM
I need a case because I am in and out of all types of weather, accidents, and nasty houses with my job. My X is important to me and I need it protected.

Sent from my Droid X in an Ambulance using Tapatalk.

bamfsig45
12-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I need an Otter Box case because I have several kids and they tend to want to play with daddy's toy. I have a little girl with sticky fingers that loves to watch spongebob on youtube with headphones on, and I just dont trust she'll take care of it the way I would (I do consider it one of my kids). I also carry my phone with me at work which is an industrial plant and it gets banged around pretty good sometimes. Plus Ill get bragging rights with all my friends about the cool case I won on Droid Forums.

ferraritmnt
12-10-2010, 05:36 PM
I need a case like this because Tuesday afternoon while walking to class I got hit by a car. The first thing I checked was my X, to make sure it was ok. And then once I made sure it was fine I got up and made sure I was ok. Just for future reference, it's pretty surreal to see a car coming at you like that. Luckily it was relatively low speed but my feet still went above my head in the air.

unseenme
12-10-2010, 05:41 PM
I won my Defender case from OtterBox through a Twitter contest they had. I don't wanna be entered in this one since I already have one but I have to agree with the possibility that this may be the best Droid X case made! This case rocks!

Swyped from the BIGGEST BADDEST machine on the planet

Mr. Creeper
12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
I could really use an OtterBox because I don't have a proper case for my DROID X still. Been using a sleeve case, but it offers NO protection. Hook me up guys!

Stang68
12-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I could definitely use this case! I haven't found one yet that protects my phone enough. I work in demolition and the VZW cases I've gone through always seems to crack or break in some way. I've heard of Otterbox since my Blackberry days but never pulled the trigger on buying one! I'd love to win this! It'll come in handy the next time I drop a cinder block on my phone! :p

nolanrupp
12-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I need this because I'm a broke college kid who spent all his money on the Droid x and cant afford a new one if i break this one!!!!!!!

Droid316
12-10-2010, 06:11 PM
I need this case like there is no tommorow.I do not want to rewen a $600 phone due to not having adequate protection and this will give me that protection i need.As this phone never leaves my side i would greatly appreciate the opportunity to win this thanks guys.

transw
12-10-2010, 06:22 PM
My Droid X needs some new protection because it's my very first smartphone. It's my baby and it needs all the support and protection it can get. :)

budmonster
12-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I have a 2 year old son, my phone is bound to be destroyed! He already tossed it in the garbage can LOL! This would be much appreciated as I can't not afford a new DX! Thanks DXF!

VelvetyAmoeba
12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm a collegiate cyclist, and take my phone with me on every ride as a means of communication if I flat out, crash, or get chased by rabid dogs. It's an unfortunate necessity that I have to keep my phone on me during rides. It's a great tool if you avoid crashes, unless you are like me and have trouble keeping the rubber-side down and take some nasty diggers. This is how I lost my old phone (RIP, env2), and ended up hiking my way back to campus with my bike thrown over my shoulder, wearing road cleats. Definitely an experience I don't want to repeat - maybe the Otterbox can keep road rash off my phone?

Good luck to the other entrants! I like reading your stories. :)

StuntinX
12-10-2010, 07:26 PM
The Droid X in my pocket need some new protection! I am a union carpenter and my X sees way to much dirt and saw dust. It also gets a little beaten up with the tool bags on. I would love to win one of your Otter Box cases for the Droid X as I have been a long time fan of them as well as been waiting in anticanticipation for there awesome cases to be available for my phone. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

lifebeginsfriday
12-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey all... first time posting for anything like this but its worth a shot... I could use a case strictly because of my job
.. hvac tech... so im constantly in and out of the elements.. I never know from one day to another wha mess im going to get into... so as is my phone normally stays in the truck to keep from ruining it.. I have to scrub before I can touh my phone ;) ... oh well goodluck to all... thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SUBARUTECH85
12-10-2010, 08:13 PM
hey guys this is joe. i most def need an otterbox due to my job and hobbies. im a full time automotive mechanic and a "sometimes" drummer. if im not tearing up my phone with wrenches im beating it up with drumsticks(no pun intended). an otterbox would be amazing right now due to traveling and holiday craziness! I had an otterbox for my storm 1 and 2. It def was the best case and i never had any problem with them. so please think of me! thanks!

scott021467
12-10-2010, 08:20 PM
First of all thank you for the chance to win a truly much sought after case. My reason would be very simple with the times being what they are and having a 5 year old to so for Christmas gifts to make sure he has a good holiday it would be probably my one wish for Christmas.
Thank you for the chance.

firemcd
12-10-2010, 09:10 PM
I am a Firefighter and could use some AWESOME protection for my Droid X while I am protecting others!
Thanks very much for your consideration! ;)

Shiyan
12-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Awesome. I don't have a case so this would be great.

kbowman
12-10-2010, 09:33 PM
A naked phone has no protection

OnMy2ndGP
12-10-2010, 09:37 PM
My Droid X needs some new protection because my first case broke. I work in a warehouse, drive a delivery van, and work on cars to make a living. All of which force me to bang my Droid, get it dusty and use it outside no matter the weather. The only time my Droid X rests is when I'm asleep. It needs HELP!!

Ski's X
12-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Being a Soldier I get a lot protective equipment to wear, but nothing to help protect my equipment. An otterbox case would add some serious piece of mind knowing that my I Droid X will have a comparable level of protection that I do.,

FS36
12-10-2010, 10:30 PM
I need protection, because last time my protection failed, it ended up with me creating a new rooted DX user....lol

CapptainCLUTCH
12-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I desperately need this case because within 3 hours of owning my x I was running to my car and it slipped out of my back pocket sliding about 5 feet on the asphalt. Screen still looks perfect but I really need to hide the scratches all along the edges. Pleaseeeeee gimme otterbox!! Oh yeah I'm broke too so I'd most definitely take a free one over paying ;).

mgar2112
12-11-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm a Boy Scout leader and need rugged protection for my Droid X when we take the boys camping!:)

oohmygulay
12-11-2010, 01:26 AM
I won my Defender case from OtterBox through a Twitter contest they had. I don't wanna be entered in this one since I already have one but I have to agree with the possibility that this may be the best Droid X case made! This case rocks!

Swyped from the BIGGEST BADDEST machine on the planet

wow a twitter contest? those contests really send out prizes?

snapz54
12-11-2010, 06:11 AM
my droid and beautiful cold rubberized steel and the snow is starting to fall, It would be inhumane to not cover him up. I can't afford anything for myself right now, money goes to rent, utilities, car payment, and christmas presents right now... It'd be nice to get an otterbox to protect my magic robot phone. thank you

db306
12-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Confucius say " Droid X with no Otterbox is like man with no condom" (Trying to be different :) ) Actually I'm on my second one was nearly cracked in half. I'm a Police Officer and recently was involved in a knock down drag'em out local gin mill fight. Me and the other guy, who off the record had a few broken things like my X, fell out the back door and down the stairs onto the pavement. Once I realized that my phone was FUBAR'd it took all my will power to not beat the guy with it. Anyways, this would be very helpful in protecting my X from future "Issues" Thanks guys!

cpan816
12-11-2010, 10:09 AM
I think I could use this case because I am in the united states marine corps and work on aircraft and have my phone on me all the time and the case would protect it alot while out in the field training.

GVSdroid
12-11-2010, 11:33 AM
I am a live sound engineer. We use our Droids to control very large arena sized concert sound systems. Our Droids get abused. I would like to be able to test one of these to see if we might want to incorporate them into all of our tours. We currently have about 40 tours out.

WildAltimaster
12-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I go skydiving often on the weekends and it's not seldom that people don't land on the dropzone so it's vital that you take a phone, however, having my beloved Droid X in my pocket going 120 mph makes me feel uneasy. An otterbox would help alleviate my worries =)

Alh Designs
12-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Well I am always on the go, and i need the type of protection that only Otter Box can give. *fingers crossed*

thechin
12-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Great giveaway....
I could use this because my X is naked!! Protection never hurts!!

droidxuser7
12-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Two reasons.

1. This is my second X. I broke the first within a week when I took it out of my pocket and it slipped out of my hand and fell screen first on the tile floor.

2. I've dropped it since then and have a dent on the side but worry that next time I will end up with something closer to my first experience of needing protection.

Help?

Zantar6
12-11-2010, 05:23 PM
"One thing man protects, is his Droid-friggin-X"

Your life style shouldn't hinder your phone choice. I do a lot of Parkour and have shattered several phones. I don't keep my DX on me while i do Parkour because i do not want to break this beautiful 4.3" powerhouse. I want to have my phone on my and not the sidewalk walk! Also, I'm not getting another phone, except for an old one from a friend if this unfortunately breaks.

psychotic_penguin
12-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dan

toecheese
12-11-2010, 06:03 PM
http://www.droidforums.net/img/droid-x-case-1210.jpg

It's that time again! We're here to kick off the weekend the right way with another giveaway. Last time we featured a giveaway for Droid 2 members with Droid 2 Game Grippers. Today we would like to show Droid X'ers a little love! DroidForums.net and OtterBox have teamed up to give away what could be considered the best Motorola Droid X Cases on the planet!

How do I win you ask?

1. Follow us on twitter @ Droid Forums on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/DroidForums)

2. Retweet "RT @DroidForums.net Motorola Droid X Case Giveaway - For details visit DroidForums.net!! #droid #droidx"

3. Post a short comment in this thread and let us know why your Droid X needs some new protection

For more information about OtterBox Cases be sure to check out We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com (http://www.otterbox.com/). We'll leave this thread open for 5 days and then randomly pick three members. Winners will be announced on the front page of DroidForums.net December 15, 2010. Good Luck!!

I have 3 smart phones and trust nothing but Otterbox. One fell 15 feet on concrete and don't get a scratch. Win or lose I've already won!

douglasfamily
12-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I work in a kitchen. Between bumping into tables and greasy fingers I need serious protection. Thanks for the chance.

DroidRooter
12-11-2010, 07:02 PM
I've had my Droid X since October 12th and I don't have a case on it to protect it and keep it warm! Please send me one soon 'cause the temps are going down to below 0 on Sunday!

robweible
12-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I need a case because I have a 1 year old son that loves loves loves dad's Droid X. I am super protective of it, but there are those few occasions where I will leave it on the end table and he goes for it. It would be nice to have it protected by the Otterbox case ....just in case!

CapptainCLUTCH
12-11-2010, 10:13 PM
I go skydiving often on the weekends and it's not seldom that people don't land on the dropzone so it's vital that you take a phone, however, having my beloved Droid X in my pocket going 120 mph makes me feel uneasy. An otterbox would help alleviate my worries =)

Dude if that thing survives a 10000 feet fall you might be the new face of advertising for otterbox.

duvious
12-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I have a four year old who LOVES playing Angry Birds. But he is all boy and pretty rough on my DX. Can you hook a doting father up with a OB Defender so I can rest easy and read the Droid X forums on my DX with an unbroken screen?

SLCMotor
12-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I would love to win this case as I carry my Droid X with me on all my calls at work and occasionally it takes a pretty good beating. I would love the extra protection.

Thanks for he opportunity to win.

smitty8866
12-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I work at a fireworks plant and im allways moving heavy boxes/racks around with my phone being in my pocket. and even on shows ill be out in all types of weather and i hear good things about these cases.. just havent had the opprotunity to pick one up. right now i use the body glove case and its allright just doesnt add enough protection like i should have on this expensive device. :) twitter: smitty_8866

Gerane
12-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the opportunity!

First, i'd like to say that i'm new here. My Droid X is currently being shipped to me. I check my FedEx Tracker every 10 minutes or so just to see if theres any updates.

Finally, after 2 years, my wife has let me get an android. I'm a tech nut, and have been watching and wanting android ever since the G1. I can not explain how happy I am. I literally am like a little kid again. I couldn't get to sleep last night I was so happy. When I finally did fall to sleep, I actually had a dream about the Droid X, like I would have when I was younger.

So, the reason why I need this, is I want to protect this superphone like it's my baby. I won't be able to afford getting one of these on my own, I just can't justify it right now, so i'd love to get you guys help with winning this case!

I look forward to spending way too much time on these forums.

nickbutterz
12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
my droid x need some protection cause its naked and otterbox is the only thing that can handle the power of the x

Goodlefeed
12-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd love one of these! Don't have a case yet, probably should :p

AdMiller
12-12-2010, 07:58 PM
My Droid X needs protection because I am an undercover police officer and I use my phone for work, taking pictures and video of the bad guys.

bjazz69
12-12-2010, 08:27 PM
I am a motor inspector at a large steel mill my job requires me to work in the dust in dirt a lot I have to do repairs on cranes 100's of feet in the air and my phone is my connection to my family and friends I have gone through 2 verizon covers I believe an otterbox can stand up to environment of my place of business and lifestyle.

SimplySweetness
12-12-2010, 09:03 PM
My DX needs protection because it's beautiful and I want to keep it around for a long time! I wasted money on one of those hard cases that does nothing other than squeaking and shifting and letting little pieces of dirt inside my phone. The little dings and scratches really bother me because, when I bought the case, I thought it would protect it. I was sadly mistaken.

ratlord318
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM
I could really and truley use this case. I've dropped my phone several times (carpet thankfully) and the case I bought from Verizon sucks..... It would make life a little easier without a constant fear of dropping my phone having it explode.

Grimshak
12-13-2010, 12:30 AM
I could use a Otter Box because I still don't have ANY case for my Droid X! I would have gotten one, but unfortunately moving across the country leaves you EXTREMELY broke!

tiggiler
12-13-2010, 06:26 AM
I need the case because I didn't follow the advice of the sales rep when I bought it and only went with the silicone case. She told me it would stretch or rip and sure enough, it started to rip. I have learned my lesson but could use the help keeping it protected as my Droid goes with me everywhere... EVERYWHERE!

goldsmitht
12-13-2010, 08:37 AM
being the most used communication tool i have, my Droid X really needs protection. Its a dangerous world out there, and a little droid can't have too many layers of protection!

ihatemystorm
12-13-2010, 09:04 AM
I need the case because I am an out of work college student who can't afford a case for my phone.

jonsgirl
12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Because my DX needs all the protection it can get. :greendroid:

Les
12-13-2010, 12:23 PM
WOW!!! this is amazing I would love to have an otter box case.. I heard they were the best and I only want the best for my DX!!! I just can not afford one at this time which is sad.. My wife is a college stundent and my money is slim because of the job I had to select at this time... Plus on top of this my son just broke his arm and he is 5... But he is so strong with all that happened!!!
Thank you all for the opportunity with this giveaway!!!

v3rn
12-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I need the case because my Droid X is naked. Just upgraded from the Droid 1 and now I need some serious protection for my DX. I love Otterbox cases and I hope I end up winning and be able to rock one on my DX. Thanks for the opportunity!

=XE=Kong
12-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I need a case because I don't have one.

Rptorman
12-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Should let us know it's a computer generated random pick.

opie
12-15-2010, 12:58 AM
We were sick of AT&T and then my wife's iPhone took a bath. My otterbox protected iPhone is still virtually brand new. Best to wrap an otterbox around the two new Droids we ordered, pronto. Thanks!

greenmutha
12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
... and I couldn't imagine a better welcoming gift than stumbling upon this giveaway! :) I am a relatively new Droid X user and it is my very first smartphone. I am in seventh heaven! Absolutely love it and cannot imagine life without it. I am a very active person and an Otter Box would help protect the newest love in my life. Thank you for this opportunity!

57fuelieroadster
12-15-2010, 01:52 PM
:greendroid:I am just green with envy that I don't have one for my X.

rosinnola
12-15-2010, 02:23 PM
My beloved baby X needs protection! Even though I treat her as though she was a delicate ice crystal, if someone would ever happen to her I do not know what I would do! :greendroid::motdroidvert:

NealJ777
12-15-2010, 05:50 PM
I will probably be getting my DX within the next two weeks and I need a case to protect it as soon as I get it. :)

Vortex1x
12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, Just like everyone else I need to protect my baby DX from lifes little moments.....

irhumbled
12-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I dropped my Iphone 3gs on some stairs walking back up to my apartment and cracked my communications chip (wifi/bluetooth/cell service all out). I had to get a new phone (droid x was a great decision now that I got mine rooted and running apex & ultimate droid). I'd hate to have to jump ship again because of my clumsiness!

Asudef
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
I could use a case to protect my precious phone from the daily shocks, rain, sweat, dust it encounters everyday. It also tends to get thrown in my bag rustling around with other harmful objects that could damage my precious device so the case will save it from living a harsh life. :p:reddroid:

nolanrupp
12-15-2010, 09:58 PM
So who won

SimplySweetness
12-15-2010, 10:05 PM
^^ I second that. Didn't happen to catch it on the front page today.

snapz54
12-16-2010, 12:40 AM
checked front page and this thread... nothing yet?

Les
12-16-2010, 01:00 AM
So does anyone know who won yet.. i did not see the winners.

Gerane
12-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Also eagerly awaiting. I didn't see anything on droidforums.net eithet

epiphone_74
12-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Check out droid forums... the winners are announced.....

Drat I wasnt one of them :-((

bamfsig45
12-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Seems like to me that all the winners were chosen from the thread on Droidforums.net Not this thread here. The 3 winners all posted in that thread and not this one.

post #5 on DroidXForums (ferraritmnt)
Post #38 on DroidXForums (douglasfamily)
Post #57 on DroidXForums (Les)

So how did this work exactly? Because the directions seemed clear.

It's that time again! We're here to kick off the weekend the right way with another giveaway. Last time we featured a giveaway for Droid 2 members with Droid 2 Game Grippers. Today we would like to show Droid X'ers a little love! DroidForums.net (yes its does say droidforums here, but no link)and OtterBox have teamed up to give away what could be considered the best Motorola Droid X Cases on the planet!

DROID X BY MOTOROLA DEFENDER SERIES CASE
An innovative three layer design protects your DROID X from bumps, drops, scratches and dust while keeping it fresh as new

DROID X BY MOTOROLA COMMUTER SERIES CASE
Three slender, yet sturdy layers offer tough protection in a sleek package. With a slim form factor and smooth outer layer, this case slides easily in and out of a pocket, purse or bag.

DROID X BY MOTOROLA IMPACT SERIES CASE
The OtterBox Impact Series is a durable silicone skin, brilliantly engineered with inner coring to dissipate shock away from the device.

How do I win you ask?

3. Post a short comment in this thread and let us know why your Droid X needs some new protection (notice there is no link to the droidforums.net thread. So people thought posting in this thread would give them a chance to win. Not the case)

For more information about OtterBox Cases be sure to check out We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com (http://www.otterbox.com/). We'll leave this thread open for 5 days and then randomly pick three members. Winners will be announced on the front page of DroidForums.net December 15, 2010. Good Luck!! This is just my observation and some clarification would be nice. Not complaining but rather pointing out that Next time a simple copy paste from one forum to the next doesnt always work. Everyone in this thread wasnt even considered.

onehandsolo
12-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Wow...

Can't believe everyone posted here for no reason
We didn't even have a chance to win

& why did people even tell why they needed the case if they were just using a random number generator to boot?

crap...........

SimplySweetness
12-16-2010, 10:48 PM
yea, that doesn't really seem right...

douglasfamily
12-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Yea, seen my name above and thought I was a winner. :-) Then I do a quick check and find out I am indeed not a winner. :( Not cool op, not cool. I pray and hope DroidForums.net fixes this. ;-)

bamfsig45
12-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Yea, seen my name above and thought I was a winner. :-) Then I do a quick check and find out I am indeed not a winner. :( Not cool op, not cool. I pray and hope DroidForums.net fixes this. ;-)

Sorry to of got you excited, but I was just pointing out who wold have won if they had used this thread and not the one on Droidforums.net

Not sure they will make this right but there is a lesson to be learned here, thats for sure.

Les
12-17-2010, 08:58 PM
So did i win?

Les
12-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Sorry to of got you excited, but I was just pointing out who wold have won if they had used this thread and not the one on Droidforums.net

Not sure they will make this right but there is a lesson to be learned here, thats for sure.

So I did not win..:( I should have read the article better..

danDroid
12-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey Guys, I completely screwed up by not making the directions to enter more clear. However, we will make it right and pick three winners from this thread as well.. Announcement post is going up shortly.

** EDIT **
It's Up!

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-news/13733-droidxforums-com-case-winners-announced.html

If you didn't win, we have some more give aways planned soon so stay tuned!

Les
12-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Thank you for responding.. The accident can happen to anyone. After all we are only human. I would like to say thank you again for making it right. This is the only site i like... This forum is the best and very informative!