PDA

View Full Version : How To Deodex Your 2.3.34 rooted ota

AdamTomaino
12-10-2010, 08:06 AM
I was able to successfully deodex my ota 2.3.34 (after z4root) using the following ADB shell commands:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/system /system
cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.odex
exit
exit
adb reboot

Special thanks to ghostlypickel for getting me most of the way there:)

Droid-Xer
12-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Haha, edit your post. Its deodex not detox. I thought you were in rehab!

happydroid
12-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I was able to successfully detox my ota 2.3.34 (after z4root) using the following ADB shell commands:
adb shell
su
stop
rm /system/app/*.odex
exit
exit
adb reboot

Special thanks to ghostlypickel for getting me most of the way there:) (http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2266871)

Is "stop" part of the commands? My phone froze when I put that in...

Bamwich
12-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Is "stop" part of the commands? My phone froze when I put that in...

Just type in "Go"

duh

AdamTomaino
12-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Opps :) detox to deodex

smalltowngirl13
12-10-2010, 10:59 AM

I always LOL at "detox"...what keyboard are you using "detox"...

fasthair
12-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Glad I ran into this post. So you are saying this update undoes all my hard work I've done to my phone? Grrr... Question are these done_app and done_framework the same files/folders you saved from doing the Deodex the first time or did you have to redo the files/folders with the new OTA update files?

thanks,
fasthair

BadMedicine
12-10-2010, 11:47 AM

My phone is an alcoholic aslo.

ronhova
12-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Glad I ran into this post. So you are saying this update undoes all my hard work I've done to my phone? Grrr... Question are these done_app and done_framework the same files/folders you saved from doing the Deodex the first time or did you have to redo the files/folders with the new OTA update files?

thanks,
fasthair

I was wondering the same thing. My sd card does not have a Done_App and Done_Framework. Theres nothing to push.

Abe21599
12-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Jim changed the title. Thanks Jim!

just4747
12-12-2010, 10:32 PM
I was wondering the same thing. My sd card does not have a Done_App and Done_Framework. Theres nothing to push.

Well?? There's still no answer to this...

How do we deodex 2.3.340 from scratch (meaning there is no done_app or other folders already or anything else)??
I just want to use the Gingerbread theme in RomManager and that's it.

DamnRock
12-14-2010, 01:08 AM
well, I just tried this and my phone locked on the M logo and wouldn't go through after rebooting. I had deodexed on 2.2 so I had the required folders, all the commands went through fine... Either way, bricked it so restored a nandroid backup that I took just before your deodex trick.

Either way, buyer beware I guess... my setup was 2.2.1 (2.3.340) rooted using z4root, previously deodexed manually. No go for me.

jmiller148
12-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Seems like something was missing from the first post. You would use xUltimate to deodex your phone. It will create these folders. You then put them on your card and push them to the phone.

AggieX
12-15-2010, 12:38 AM
When you type the code into command prompt, which directory does the command prompt have to be under? The directory " E:\> " ?

GarethD
12-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Are those the same commands that you would use in terminal emulator? If so what would be the difference in input?

AggieX
12-15-2010, 05:15 PM
How would I deodex the new OTA 2.3.340 that Verizon just released for the Droid X?
I know that I have to be rooted. But I need more details. Any help?

AggieX
12-15-2010, 05:28 PM
After I input "adb shell", I enter "su".... But then it outputs "Permission Denied" Why is this?

Abe21599
12-15-2010, 05:32 PM
How would I deodex the new OTA 2.3.340 that Verizon just released for the Droid X?
I know that I have to be rooted. But I need more details. Any help?

After I input "adb shell", I enter "su".... But then it outputs "Permission Denied" Why is this?

merged ur thread into this

gerry.t
12-16-2010, 09:38 AM
when I type in adb shell I get permission denied?!?! HELP!!! I am 2.3.340 rooted with z4shell...

quadjacks
12-16-2010, 09:50 AM
I was able to successfully deodex my ota 2.3.34 (after z4root) using the following ADB shell commands:
adb shell
su
rm /system/app/*.odex
exit
exit
adb reboot

Special thanks to ghostlypickel for getting me most of the way there:)Ok this seems a lil too easy... In the old [HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone. (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/4620-how-manually-deodex-your-phone.html#post42412)
there were a lot more steps, to include the use of a third party app xUltimate v2.2 (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeudoxus/47283-release-xultimate.html).

How can this approach be confirmed after the above actions have been taken?

jmiller148
12-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Ok... sounds like you guys need to do some serious searching. Permission denied sounds like your not rooted. To deodex find xUltimate and follow instructions.

I did the searching and here comes the info. BTW: I used this method myself to deodex the latest OTA. If these don't seem familiar you might want to do more reading to understand the process before you start. The info is out there otherwise I wouldn't know how to do it.

Link to xUltimate: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeudoxus/47283-release-xultimate.html

Instructions:

(edit by me: start off with the phone plugged in and in debugging mode)

1. Unzip xUltimate v2.2, and launch "Main.exe"

2. If everything goes well xUlt should recognize the phone
and make a connection. You now should see a list of
options.

3. Run option 1. After option 1 is done, run option 2.

4. Now these well take a while. Run option 3.

5. IMPORTANT: After you have run option 3, you MUST
navigate to the xUltimate folder and find "origi_frame"
folder, and delete "guava.odex". It's a bad file, and
interferes with deodexing process.

6. Now run option 4, and wait.

7. Exit xUltimate, and put the phone in USB mass storage.

8. Go back into the xUltimate folder and copy
"done_frame", and "done_app", and move them to the
root of the sdcard.

9. Put the phone in PC mode (edit by me: mine had to be in charge only. You want the phone in debuggin mode)

10. Open a command prompt, and do the following:
adb shell
su
stop
rm /system/app/*.odex
exit
exit
adb reboot

DRaulie2003
12-21-2010, 10:37 AM
I've read a few posts on using xUltimate and I have a question...some of the posts have the stop command and some of them dont. So my question is is the stop command absolutely necessary or not? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

psychotic_penguin
12-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Nice write up thanks

jmiller148
12-23-2010, 11:54 AM
I am not sure if the stop command is necessary. I used it and had no ill effects.

Sent via DX

elmlingerml
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
How do u find the cyanogenmods on rom manager for Droid x anyone???!!!!!!!

DRaulie2003
12-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Yea me either, I went ahead and did because I had only read a few posts that said they had a problem and were blaming the stop command

sephtin
12-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Or there's the easy way.. just replace existing /system with deodexed:
2.3.340 Deodexed System only .zip — sephtin.com (http://www.sephtin.com/?p=243)

djjester611
02-12-2011, 10:20 PM
in what do i need to run cmd prmpt and which app is best for this i tried running term emu but permission denied

XxXEVOLVEXxX
02-16-2011, 07:23 PM
well, I just tried this and my phone locked on the M logo and wouldn't go through after rebooting. I had deodexed on 2.2 so I had the required folders, all the commands went through fine... Either way, bricked it so restored a nandroid backup that I took just before your deodex trick.

Either way, buyer beware I guess... my setup was 2.2.1 (2.3.340) rooted using z4root, previously deodexed manually. No go for me.

Runnin the same system. No go here either.