PDA

View Full Version : 2.2.1 OTA and now what?

snapz54
12-10-2010, 02:44 AM
I'm new to the phone, I downloaded the OTA and I'm running fine. My question is, are any of the roms compatible now? Or will we have to wait until the chefs start cooking new roms or tweaking their existing roms?

I'm new to the forum thank you for your time and look forward to being a part of a new phone community.

wicked
12-10-2010, 03:03 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums!
As far as I know there arent any specific ROMS for this build as of yet.
Just wait a bit, I'm sure the devs are already working on stuffs. :)

Droid-Xer
12-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Ya, this is why a lot of people didn't flash the update, there was no real incentive.

joeyjackpot
12-10-2010, 09:14 AM
And why lots of people did flash the update is that there is incentive if you don't rom or theme your phone which is like some 80+% of users. But thank you for continuing to over represent the minority and bashing the update as useless and a waste of time as often as possible.

AdamTomaino
12-10-2010, 09:16 AM
and why lots of people did flash the update is that there is incentive if you don't rom or theme your phone which is like some 80+% of users. But thank you for continuing to over represent the minority and bashing the update as useless and a waste of time as often as possible.
burn!!!

Droid-Xer
12-10-2010, 09:25 AM
And why lots of people did flash the update is that there is incentive if you don't rom or theme your phone which is like some 80+% of users. But thank you for continuing to over represent the minority and bashing the update as useless and a waste of time as often as possible.

Anytime. Perhaps being told you need more bloat...I mean features is not for everyone either. An update normally means improvement, show me the improvement in this last update. And if you're on this forum chances are more than 20% are into modding their phone.

joeyjackpot
12-10-2010, 09:32 AM
I said all users... and there are PLENTY of users on here saying "i installed this" or "works great now" you're just chosing to ignore those messages and clinging to any opportunity to be like, "YEAH, THIS SUCKS MAN, I'M GLAD EVERYONE ELSE THINKS SO TOO." Not really, not really at all. It's fine if you don't like the update and don't want it - stop reading the threads maybe if it bothers you that people are doing what they want and updating their phone without problems and like it. It came with more bloat. Bloat that I removed in 10 minutes. If you think this update causes more problems for users than the bull****, bricked devices and bootloops created by people who want to CHANGE THE STATUS BAR TO BLACK (something I find myself asking "what do you really get out of it for all that trouble?" way moreso than say, "why would you like system stability for 2 minutes of work?", like I could for this update) or any other vanity mod, you clearly don't read any other threads on this forum besides threads where you can comment on how you will not be taking this update.

Droid-Xer
12-10-2010, 09:50 AM
There are also plenty who want to revert back to their previous setup and plenty who have had difficulty installing the update. If someones asks for an opinion on this forum, I will share it. Some people are not comfortable with differing opinions and that's ok. But don't spread your lack of personal thinking to others. That's ignorance.

JeepDroid
12-10-2010, 09:53 AM
With the update ive read that the madden part of the update is seperate from the rest is that right? Do we have to get the madden? I dont really care for it

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

joeyjackpot
12-10-2010, 09:56 AM
My lack of personal thinking? LOL. Thanks. I'm glad you've mapped my brain activity by seeing that I favor an update you don't like.

This board is essentially a trouble shooting place. There are plenty of people that want to revert after themeing their phones, too. I'm not trying to argue which one is better, which one has more problems, or any of that. I'm asking you as a loud person to stop insisting there are no advantages to this update when plenty of people saw SMS timestamp issues, music player crashes, and multiple other SYSTEM glitches that this fixes. If it wasn't worth a piece of crap, devs wouldn't be integrating it into your precious roms RIGHT NOW.

I'm saying, don't discourage casual users from updating their software because you're an advanced user that doesn't see advantages from the update because of how far you've customized your software... Your rom being a better setup than this update? Great! That doesn't mean there aren't advantages for people who don't have your setup. Decenter your perspective before you go around calling people ignorant.

joeyjackpot
12-10-2010, 09:57 AM
With the update ive read that the madden part of the update is seperate from the rest is that right? Do we have to get the madden? I dont really care for it

With madden, it's essentially you're downloading the installer. If you want to play it, you have to install it and it will download a large resource file (the game) from within the app instead of having a HUGE file in the market or in the update.

Droid-Xer
12-10-2010, 10:09 AM
My lack of personal thinking? LOL. Thanks. I'm glad you've mapped my brain activity by seeing that I favor an update you don't like.

This board is essentially a trouble shooting place. There are plenty of people that want to revert after themeing their phones, too. I'm not trying to argue which one is better, which one has more problems, or any of that. I'm asking you as a loud person to stop insisting there are no advantages to this update when plenty of people saw SMS timestamp issues, music player crashes, and multiple other SYSTEM glitches that this fixes. If it wasn't worth a piece of crap, devs wouldn't be integrating it into your precious roms RIGHT NOW.

I'm saying, don't discourage casual users from updating their software because you're an advanced user that doesn't see advantages from the update because of how far you've customized your software... Your rom being a better setup than this update? Great! That doesn't mean there aren't advantages for people who don't have your setup. Decenter your perspective before you go around calling people ignorant.

Ignorance is nit being open to other perspectives. I've helped people both revert back from leaks in order to get the update as well as sbf rommed phones to get the leak. I help because I can. If you post a "what do you think about ...." thread then don't criticize me over my response. If you ask for it, I'll give it. BTW I don't think the update is worth a crap.

joeyjackpot
12-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm open to other perspectives - I never once said "you must like this update!" - but your assertion that this update "does nothing" is an opinion based on YOUR very unique setup - not a fact that holds true for all users - and you're not presenting it that way.

This update does help users with problems, users on the stock rom, and is a source of a lot of bugfixes. Bugs that you may not personally experience, but it's not smoke and mirrors for those that do - this is useful to many users - and as a frequent poster it would be nice to see you offering up some advice alongside, "I won't be getting the update because I don't feel it's necessary for my setup," not commenting on people who say things like "I got it to work!" with snark bits like "Oh all that work for what? Nothing" etc. Just let it go.

BadMedicine
12-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Ignorance is nit being open to other perspectives. I've helped people both revert back from leaks in order to get the update as well as sbf rommed phones to get the leak. I help because I can. If you post a "what do you think about ...." thread then don't criticize me over my response. If you ask for it, I'll give it. BTW I don't think the update is worth a crap.

That's it. There's only one way to settle this... an illegal street race in front of the Google corporate offices.

Droid-Xer
12-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm open to other perspectives - I never once said "you must like this update!" - but your assertion that this update "does nothing" is an opinion based on YOUR very unique setup - not a fact that holds true for all users - and you're not presenting it that way.

This update does help users with problems, users on the stock rom, and is a source of a lot of bugfixes. Bugs that you may not personally experience, but it's not smoke and mirrors for those that do - this is useful to many users - and as a frequent poster it would be nice to see you offering up some advice alongside, "I won't be getting the update because I don't feel it's necessary for my setup," not commenting on people who say things like "I got it to work!" with snark bits like "Oh all that work for what? Nothing" etc. Just let it go.

I love you.

happydroid
12-10-2010, 11:00 AM
All this angst over an update. I personally went through all the trouble of sbf'ing my setup just to manually install the update. Was it worth it? I don't know, and I don't care. By next week a dev will come out with a rom "based off 2.3.340" and I'll most likely be back to where I was before the update. We're all registered to these forums for the same reasons, to see what else our X can do. Update or no update, it is just a phone. I've had the X since the day it came out and I can honestly say that as soon as the dual core phones for Verizon launch...bye bye X.

Droid-Xer
12-10-2010, 11:06 AM
All this angst over an update. I personally went through all the trouble of sbf'ing my setup just to manually install the update. Was it worth it? I don't know, and I don't care. By next week a dev will come out with a rom "based off 2.3.340" and I'll most likely be back to where I was before the update. We're all registered to these forums for the same reasons, to see what else our X can do. Update or no update, it is just a phone. I've had the X since the day it came out and I can honestly say that as soon as the dual core phones for Verizon launch...bye bye X.

Fitting screen name.

C Dippa
12-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Poor OP...they just wanted some ROM info and now they've got a mailbox full of update drama.

OP, it looks like Apex just came out for the new update...worth checking out, it looks good. Way sooner than I thought for the ROMs to start dropping...

Here's the link: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-roms/13044-rom-apex-1-3-0-droid-x-running-running-fast-can.html

mrclean2828
12-10-2010, 11:34 AM
I got the update. It's no different for me then b4. It sucks. I want to revert back and put rubix blurry on my dx. The update didn't make the blur any better

snapz54
12-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Poor OP...they just wanted some ROM info and now they've got a mailbox full of update drama.

OP, it looks like Apex just came out for the new update...worth checking out, it looks good. Way sooner than I thought for the ROMs to start dropping...

Here's the link: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-roms/13044-rom-apex-1-3-0-droid-x-running-running-fast-can.html

thanks for the answer friend, I'm glad my little question can spark this much debate. It speaks of this community being alive and well and thats what I'd hoped for. I look forward to forming an opinion of my own and choosing a side!

newdroidx
12-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I sbf'd to get the update...... I LOVE IT. My phone runs SUPER smooth now. No more battery force closes, messages are correct. Love the new dialer and search option.. The update is worth a crap IMO. And Im running the new apex and its Fiiiiiiiing SWEET. ITs gingerbread themed, with status bar icons and whatnot. Worth flashing IMO!

AdamTomaino
12-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I too updated from 2.3.32 (rubix 1.9)to 2.3.42 (Apex 1.30) and I can only say WOW! I thought I had thing good before. I am running 1.0ghz and it is faster them my rubix @ 1.3ghz. I will have to try the new rubix when it drops.

It's a Great Day to Own an X!

Droid-Xer
12-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Glad to hear the update is alive and well, thanks to Fabolous....who is a bad ass dev and answers my questions BTW. I love you Joey

lifebeginsfriday
12-11-2010, 03:09 PM
IMO stock the update made a big difference.. Far less lag then previous... I never really noticed the other issues much anyway... But there are a couple of roms for the update - the latest tranquility and apex both run great... and i'm pretty sure drod released a patch for rubix... either way to each they're own.

edit: sorry if this was duplicate - i guess i didn't read the rest of the post.