PDA

View Full Version : Rubix USB problem fix

BadMedicine
12-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I've seen a ton of people having problems with this from many different versions of Rubix. This works for sure on Rubix 1.8.6. If your computer fails to recognize your phone via USB and you have tried switching to different USB modes and switching USB debugging on off (if you have Titanium Backup) try going to:

EDIT: Power down your phone and pull battery first. Power it back on. Then do the below instructions!

Go to Titanium Backup and go to the ALL apps/services list and find usb 1.1. Click on usb 1.1 and press wipe data. This seems to refresh the service. Exit out of Titanium backup and try it. It's worked for me everytime now.

Droid-Xer
12-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Great post BadMedicine. I know this'll help quite a few people.

richrod
12-08-2010, 08:37 PM
I've seen a ton of people having problems with this from many different versions of Rubix. This works for sure on Rubix 1.8.6. If your computer fails to recognize your phone via USB and you have tried switching to different USB modes and switching USB debugging on off (if you have Titanium Backup) try going to:

Titanium Backup and go to the ALL apps/services list and find usb 1.1. Click on usb 1.1 and press wipe data. This seems to refresh the service. Exit out of Titanium backup and try it. It's worked for me everytime now.

Tried this and it didn't work... are you using Titanium Backup pro (pay) or the free version? or does it really matter?

BadMedicine
12-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Tried this and it didn't work... are you using Titanium Backup pro (pay) or the free version? or does it really matter?

I have the pay version. But if the option to wipe data on usb 1.1 is there, then it shouldn't matter.

zsld0423
12-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the info! for anyone having problems with PC Mode, After wiping that, i decided to go ahead and uninstall the drivers for the phone from my computer. After i plugged the phone back in I went thru the install process and it's working perfectly

Droid-Xer
12-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Yes always try BadMedicine's fix or reinstall the drivers from here USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola, Inc. USA (http://www.motorola.com/consumers/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=bda09ec8009a0210VgnVCM10000088 06b00aRCRD)