PDA

View Full Version : Droid X: Rom Manager Issues

Gadgetman79
12-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Hello, I have a rooted droid x and I loaded the premium version of rom manager onto it(also have bootstrap installed) but when I tried to do a backup, it goes about a quarter of the way, stops, shows an icon of the green android next to a triangle with an exclamation point for about a sec, then reboots but does not backup. Why won't the backup feature work for my phone? Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Someone please advise.

Thanks.

Gadgetman79http://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/droid/motdroidvert.gif

joshw0000
12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Try hitting "bootstrap recovery" in the bootstrapper. Then go back to clockwork and try again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

lifebeginsfriday
12-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue... I can reboot into recovery say from dx_oc and backup/restore from there... but none of the backup/restore/or install options seem to work from cw app... same as stated above... is boot strap required every time before you try to backup... I didn't think it was i'v done alot of backups ;) and I dont quite remember needing to do this before...

psychotic_penguin
12-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Droid X Bootstrapper is required, the X has a locked bootloader, DX BS goes around that and boots you into the familiar Clockwork Recovery.

ROM Manager is essentially just a way to browse ROM's with the X and download them with your phone. Installation will require you to move said ROM from the clockwork folder on the SD Card to the root of the SD Card and install once again through Droid X Bootstrapper.

Green
12-09-2010, 07:18 AM
That sounds like you ran out of space on your SD card to me.

lifebeginsfriday
12-11-2010, 02:48 PM
I'v just started using Rom Manager for just downloading... less hassle since rom manager just seemed to reboot the phone. I'd get the recovery triangle and reboot.. I just boot into recovery for installs and backups.