PDA

View Full Version : Help!

daankdroid
12-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Anyway to manually boot into Clockwork Recovery?

I tried installing a new ROM, it went like it should then said "blah blah installation aborted"

Then it gave me the option to Reboot..so I did...

Now it's stuck at the "M" screen...

All I need to do is load Bootstrap and I'm good - I have the backups made, but I don't know how to load bootstrap without the application...

So, how do I load into Bootstrap recovery from power on?

Abe21599
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM
holding home might work.. if u have CW flashed over bootstrap

Droid-Xer
12-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Try battery pull too. If not try stock recovery. Hold power button and home button, release home button when m screen appears, press search hard key, then use volume rocker to scroll down and clear cache/data and then a factory reset.

daankdroid
12-08-2010, 01:18 PM
That loads me into the Android recovery...which doesn't help... can i do anything with making a file on my sd card called "update.zip" and have it work? Otherwise I'll have to SDF it or whaever, which I can do, I just don't want to being that I have my backups ready to go, I just need to have bootstrap run that shiz.

Droid-Xer
12-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Try above, stock recovery to do a factory reset.

daankdroid
12-08-2010, 01:20 PM
more or less, i think...when i tried to install the new ROM it had an error, but it didn't say that the old ROM was messed up - so now my DX is loading without a ROM to load into. does this sound possible?

Droid-Xer
12-08-2010, 01:25 PM
No, either the rom loaded or it didn't. Try the stock recovery then you can restore a backup. You're jot on a leak are you?

daankdroid
12-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I can do the data/cache from the stock recovery - it then reboots, but sits on the M forever not doing anything else...and not on a leak at all.

Droid-Xer
12-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Try a few battery pulls and give it a few minutes to boot.

daankdroid
12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
pulling battery now...will update in 15 mins

daankdroid
12-08-2010, 01:54 PM
nothing happening, just the M, forever...

if worse case scenario, which I don't mind at all, is to .sbf this - would that fix the problem? I have just been reading posts, found a great guide - don't mind resetting everything up - is that viable?

Tymanthius
12-08-2010, 02:05 PM
nothing happening, just the M, forever...

if worse case scenario, which I don't mind at all, is to .sbf this - would that fix the problem? I have just been reading posts, found a great guide - don't mind resetting everything up - is that viable?

That's pretty much what I just finished doing. SBF, reroot, then load dxbootstraper, boot back to clockwork, and load my back up. :) Pain in the behind, but doable.

daankdroid
12-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, I just downloaded everything but have to wait till i go home, bc all we have are macs at work! can you link me the method you used, well...which guide you used - i found a really nice one, just would like to check methods.

also, after .sbfing it up, do i just #228 to get my phone back in order?

Droid-Xer
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes sbf and then just set up like normal. Droid x bootstrap is free at My Brain Hurts (http://www.koushikdutta.com). just fyi

Abe21599
12-08-2010, 02:55 PM
yes #228 should work but i had to call VZW one time to manually reactivate it.