PDA

View Full Version : do you ever let people use/borrow your droid.?

phxdroidx
12-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Okay so this morning on the way to an interview a guy asked me if I had a phone he could use to make a call because he just got outta jail and had no change.. I felt bad telling him no (as I was listening to a playlist I just made) , but I've known people who have been jacked just this way.. someone borrows your phone, sees its pretty sweet, and there gone.. but I did lend the guy some change for the pay phone.. just sayin, nobody touches my DX.. but have you ever been nice enough to lend someone your Droid.?

Droid-Xer
12-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Nope. My wife isn't allowed to touch it, much less a friend, stranger, exfelon.

smalltowngirl13
12-08-2010, 09:18 AM
I am always happy to show my X off to anyone who asks - but very seldom (and that is emphasized greatly) does it leave my hands into someone elses...I can think of maybe twice that I have let someone else hold / touch the phone...

As for the OP - I would have had a hard time lending it to someone to make a call who just got out of jail :)...kudos for giving him change tho...

joeyjackpot
12-08-2010, 09:25 AM
The only time i let someone touch my phone is if i know them really well, we're somewhere private, and i'm trying to convince them to buy one.

Or if it's on the other side of the room and i need someone to hand it to me.

backjudge13
12-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Never a stranger. Only if I knew them really well...and they gave me a deposit!

MrSpeed3
12-08-2010, 11:27 AM
I always "forget" my DX in my friends desk. He has an IPhone 4G....he doesnt like it when i do that! FTW!

Backnblack
12-08-2010, 11:54 AM
About as much as I let them borrow my sidearm....

dbutters
12-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Sure, it's just a phone. Sometimes a friend who has always had a dumbphone might just have an easier time telling me what they want and letting me do it before I hand it off, rather than trying to figure out how to use it, but otherwise I have no problem letting someone make a phone call or check FB or email on my phone.

wicked
12-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I let my girl play Angrybirds on it, under my supervision... :p

eljoker
12-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I work at a VZ store and people are always asking to see it. App protector on every thing from Contacts to Gallery to Email. If they want to see the keyboard i just hit the search button and that pops up.

Some people ask to see all these other features and I point them to the droid 2. If they ask why they cant see it on my phone I tell them its my personal phone. Only once did it become and Issue and a customer got mad that I didnt show them how the contact list looked like. I showed him the Droid 2s and he said it wasnt the same. To bad I didnt budge and he got mad but its my personal phone.

As to on the street? Not a chance, once I had a stanger ask me to use the phone and i reached into my pocket, ignored the phone and pull .50 cents out and handed it to him. Should of seen the look he gave me. lol

SimplySweetness
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM
I let my boyfriend use it on occasion to play Angry Birds, LOL - considering he pays for it and all.

RudyN
12-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I loan my DroidX out as often as Iloan out my wife-never! :p;)

psychotic_penguin
12-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Under careful supervision and never out of my sight

BadMedicine
12-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Me and the X have the ET connection. It feels my emotions and I feel its emotions, whenever we are too far a part we start to die... so no. No one touches it... unless you feed it reeces pieces.

Bungle
12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I work at a VZ store and people are always asking to see it. App protector on every thing from Contacts to Gallery to Email. If they want to see the keyboard i just hit the search button and that pops up.

Some people ask to see all these other features and I point them to the droid 2. If they ask why they cant see it on my phone I tell them its my personal phone. Only once did it become and Issue and a customer got mad that I didnt show them how the contact list looked like. I showed him the Droid 2s and he said it wasnt the same. To bad I didnt budge and he got mad but its my personal phone.

As to on the street? Not a chance, once I had a stanger ask me to use the phone and i reached into my pocket, ignored the phone and pull .50 cents out and handed it to him. Should of seen the look he gave me. lol
So why didn't you just show them a droid x in the store instead of your own?
They can't possibly still be out of stock can they?

jbrandona119
12-08-2010, 07:52 PM
My girlfriend absolutely loves Angry Birds, but I know she's kinda clumsy so I bought the otterbox lol. But I barely let strangers use it, only in school occasionally.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

eljoker
12-08-2010, 09:13 PM
So why didn't you just show them a droid x in the store instead of your own?
They can't possibly still be out of stock can they?

We don't have every single phone in the line up on display in live form. For 1 its due to cost of having everyone active and 2 because we use phones that have been returned instead of new out the box. Well to date the only Xs that have been returned were seriously defective and by no means displayable. And its only been 3. Each had a seprate issue. We have lower prices but we do what ever we can to save on cost so that it doesn't refelct on our customers. Dummy phones are the best if it means we can sell the actual phone at a cheaper price than Verizon. Its win win situation 90% of the time.

Plus even with some models on display you do still get a customer that wants to see one and hold one in hand and they wont budge untill they do. Gotta love retail.

Sent from my DROIDX

wicked
12-08-2010, 10:31 PM
My VZW store has 2 or 3 DXs on display

smalltowngirl13
12-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I loan my DroidX out as often as Iloan out my wife-never! :p;)

I think this is my favorite response... ;)...LOL

mjustus
12-08-2010, 10:47 PM
I can honestly say that my phone has not left my sight since the day I received it. People at work sometimes ask to borrow it but I say no. Every time. Why do they keep asking?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

LilTortillaBoy
12-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I normally allow family to use it. Its rare when I let strangers use it. Even then I always make sure my GPS, enhanced GPS and Lookout are on.

WhiteLabelDon
12-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Once my girlfriend had it in her pocket calling a ride and she got picked up and I didn't realize she still had it. I was mad had to go next day at school no phone no music needless to say not anymore haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WugFresh
12-08-2010, 11:24 PM
One time, when my phone lost charge, I asked a lady on the street if I could borrow hers to make a quick call... but rather than give it to me, she instead asks me for the #... called my friend, says “hi.. your friend... " whats your name? "___, wanted to tell you... " what do you want to tell him? "___" She kept this up until it was over (luckily my friend decided not to mess with me that day... lol). I said thank you and walked away, but I remember feeling so offended.. I had asked so nicely and I don't appear to be threatening or untrustworthy... I almost would have rathered she denied me.

Since that incident, I'm usually pretty chill about giving it out... thats not to say that when asked I don't take any precaution; I do try and get a sense of their intentions first... It may not be wise, but I like to try an give people the benefit of a doubt.. Someone who would actually jack your phone is more likely to just snatch or try to get it through intimidation... most people who ask to borrow it just really need to make a call... consider it a karma investment.. next time you ask a stranger for help maybe it will come back around... :)

-WugFresh

Sent from my DROIDX

phxdroidx
12-09-2010, 03:59 AM
I let my boyfriend use it on occasion to play Angry Birds, LOL - considering he pays for it and all.

That only seems fair.. lol

Smitty6750
12-09-2010, 05:08 AM
People ask me to see. I pull it out the holster say look can u see it then put back up lol. Then says that's sweet phone I'm like I know all cocky lol.