PDA

View Full Version : Is my phone bricked?

Sandlotje
12-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Hey there. I am wondering if I bricked my phone or not. I downloaded and installed rubix focused 1.0. Before that I ran a backup of my phone to the SD card. I went to the recovery console, chose the rubix zip in the root folder -- says it installed fine. I rebooted the phone and it was hung up on the rubix screen for ~7-10 minutes so I pulled the batt. When I went to power it up again, I get nothing. No light, nothing at all. It's a brick at the moment, what are your thoughts?

Sandlotje
12-06-2010, 11:38 PM
Well what do ya know?! Perhaps not. I had the USB cable plugged into the computer and when I plugged in my phone, it showed a green led light. I just took it out of the USB port and put it on a wall charger and now I have the battery symble saying 0%. Maybe I'm in luck. :)

Sandlotje
12-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Sure enough it wasn't bricked. After it charged up a little it began booting and got stuck on the rubix screen again so I went into the recovery console and wiped the cache and the data. Boots up fine now :)

wicked
12-07-2010, 12:44 AM
lol glad to hear you got it sorted out. You didn't need our help after all. :)

Sandlotje
12-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Yep. I was pretty worried because the other threads I was finding with people in the same situation (meaning something with the installation of a rom going wrong) -- they could all get to the recovery console. I saw the sticky with the sbf file, and I assume that provides a way to perhaps unbrick bricked phones; but I was wondering how in the world I would load anything if I can't even get the backlight on the phone to come up lol. Regardless of needing you all, it's very good to know that you all are there -- and by you all, I mean anyone with any experience with this phone and are willing to help others. It seems to me that this thread has potential to help others with the same issue, seeing has how I didn't find any other threads with the same problem and solution. So what is the lesson learned?

Make sure the battery is fully charged when doing something so crucial as loading a rom or anything else onto the phone! If your phone is plugged into the computer's USB port and it begins the reboot cycle (either because you told it to or software glitch or w/e), and fails to boot correctly, unplug it from the computer and plug it into the wall. I don't know why that made a difference, but I was really scared last night because I had very little knowledge about ROMs and how people mess up when installing them. It's really easy to find directions on what TO DO, but not so much on what NOT TO DO.

royolpunk
12-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Sure enough it wasn't bricked. After it charged up a little it began booting and got stuck on the rubix screen again so I went into the recovery console and wiped the cache and the data. Boots up fine now :)

yeah that was what you originally needed to do, wipe cache and data. glad to know that you figured everything out:)