PDA

View Full Version : Droid Inc User NOOB help

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Whats up guys, so I just came over from Incredible forums and was so use to the rooting over there ... Just got my droid x today I absolutely love it. So I just read Roolers guide to rooting. What I want to know what root is a permanent root unlike z4root, and I dont have to use command propt. So basically if any old incred users are on here is there anything like Unrevoked. Not a big fan of using cmd, so just wanted to know if any roots out there for the new ota which I obvi have the newest one, but the root is still permanent.

Thanks so much for the help

tycoon177
12-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Z4root is permanent on the droidx but there are also 2 other options I know of off the top of my head. Easyroot and super 1 click are both one click solutions to root and unroot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

C Dippa
12-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Also, Z4root has recently been pulled from the market, but 1KDS was kind enough to post it on Mediafire.

Here is the link if you want to use that method: z4root.1.3.0.apk (http://www.mediafire.com/?cczdblcghz738dc)

Thanks to 1KDS!

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 04:38 PM
ok I mean I have been doing research but I am just wondering what is the most effective root without having to use cmd.... Also just to add this in I hear the droid x is getting a new update, when is the root suppose to be out and should I go ahead and root anyway.

I thought one click roots go away when you reboot, so I guess thats different on the Droid X....

for I.E the incredible mainly people just use unrevoked and then doing there modding from there

C Dippa
12-06-2010, 04:52 PM
There is not really a most effective method...it either roots, or it doesn't. Z4root is the easiest, basically a one-click method.

You can root and still accept the update, but will probably lose root. But within a few days of the update rolling out, someone will have a root method out there, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you mod your phone beyond rooting it, such as a custom ROM or removing bloatware, you will likely have to sbf back to stock in order to update.

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Also, Z4root has recently been pulled from the market, but 1KDS was kind enough to post it on Mediafire.

Here is the link if you want to use that method: z4root.1.3.0.apk (http://www.mediafire.com/?cczdblcghz738dc)

Thanks to 1KDS!

Thanks so much I am just going to use the z4root so I can tether for the time being till I see what happens with the new update

Where should I put the file because I am not downloading from the market and then would I need a rom manger or anything

C Dippa
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
No, you should just download from the phone and then look in files>downloads and click the z4root apk file to install.

Or if downloading from PC, just put it somewhere on the sd card where you can find it.

Sent from my DROIDX

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 05:31 PM
lol I just got the phone trying to root neither one click root, I cant get to work I run windows 7 and I cant get framework 3.0 because of the windows feature on or off and the z4root on here i just put the file into the sd and the phone didn't recognize it and I can't find z4root on the market.... or the bar code scanner....

Sorry to sound like a complete noob but the z4root isnt on the market and when I download that file, and put it on the sd card it says something about parsing

Droid-Xer
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Just Google the z4 app on the phone. Its on the xda website.

C Dippa
12-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure why it didn't work from the PC, but it is easy to just download from the phone and it'll work. Find this thread in the browser on your phone, follow the z4root link, hit "click here to start download", and it'll download on to the phone.

Again, Z4root is not in the market anymore...which also means barcodes with a market link won't work.

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 05:56 PM
thanks guy I got it to install from the phone, let me tell you something the x is way better then the inc

Droid-Xer
12-06-2010, 05:57 PM
But of course, was there any doubt!!??

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I hope this works it keeps loading at '' RUNNING EXPLOIT IN ORDER TO OBTAIN ROOT ACCESS"

I hope I dont have to manually root this phone anyone that used the z4root your input would be great

C Dippa
12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Oh yeah, you do need to reboot after install usually...forgot about that. Exit out if you can, reboot it and try again.

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Perfect sorry for such a long thread new droid x user......

Droid-Xer
12-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Perfect sorry for such a long thread new droid x user......

Better to ask than to screw up your phone. Never a need for apologies.

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I hope I dont lose anything by using the z4root, what I mean is it smarter to take the time and manually root the phone is it a better root better restrictions also, isnt there a file you need for a wireless tether I searched and didnt find it ...

C Dippa
12-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Just download "wireless tether" from the market...

Droid-Xer
12-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Nope root app as good as manual. I just use wireless tether, no additional app.

wicked
12-06-2010, 07:50 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/hacking-help/12684-need-major-help-rooting.html

I guess someone found the z4root 1.3.0 I uploaded to megaupload...

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 07:51 PM
On the inc you needed a file but seems like the droid x is a way more user friendly when it comes to everything ?

1KDS
12-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah, z4 does it for you, did you get it rooted?

1KDS
12-06-2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/hacking-help/12684-need-major-help-rooting.html

I guess someone found the z4root 1.3.0 I uploaded to megaupload...

what does that mean? me?

wicked
12-06-2010, 08:53 PM
no worries, It is what is. I'm not trippin, it's not like I'm the dev or anything. It's a free app...
It's for everyone to use and enjoy...

ARHicken
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Yes I got rooted thanks guys for all the help....