PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Droid X'ers - Prepare for Update!

danDroid
12-06-2010, 02:00 PM
http://www.droidforums.net/img/droidx-126-update.jpg

Verizon has just updated the Motorola Droid X support page to include a new update (Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.
en.USIBP_C_01.09.07) for the Droid X. This update is said to includes "numerous enhancements and improvements" so definitely one to keep an eye out for. One feature football fans will surely appreciate is the included Madden NFL football game! Check out the full list below:

Enhancements:

Preloaded Madden NFL football game.
Preloaded Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1.
Preloaded MyVerizon application (v5).
Added Data Widget to home panel.
Improved Android™ OS Froyo stability .

Improvements:

Improvements to Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync®:
-Enhancements to corporate email sync and push stop.
-PIN lock timeout now follows the server’s settings.
-Enhancements to SMTP authentication.

Improvements to Visual Voice Mail:
-“Failed delivery to” message displays correctly when messages can’t be sent.
- Audio routes correctly to speaker, even when connected to a mono Bluetooth® headset.

Device now supports MP3 media files after MR2 update.
Music Play now runs smoothly and without lock-ups.
Weather widget stays with assigned location updates, not
current location.
“Smart Profile: Face Down” feature will not permanently
disable the phone’s ringer.
Enhanced audio sync when playing high quality WMV videos.
Improved video playback.
Clearer colors assigned to soft keys in applications such as Google Maps.
In the Contacts widget, keyboard now appears when using “type to search.”
Eliminated camera “Force Close” errors.
Device lock remains, even after a long, hard key press.
Quicker wake-up of display when on a call

For details visit the support page @ Software Update: DROID X by Motorola (http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_x.html)

goliath602
12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
My phone says that my software is up to date :/ . Has anyone downloaded it yet?

Abe21599
12-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Its not being released this second u gotta wait :-)

Sent from my Droid X

Droid-Xer
12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Running focused 1.9 and I get nothing when I click check for updates. Literally just a black screen. Oh well

Les
12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Being rooted can I get the update?

goliath602
12-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Its not being released this second u gotta wait :-)

Sent from my Droid X

Ah, darn it. I was really hoping to get it right now. Any idea on when I should be able to get it?

Xerrus
12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
You're not going to get the update if you're sporting a custom ROM and rooted...pretty sure...

If you absolutley need that update then you'll probably have to flash back to stock. And until the ROM developers can lay their interfaces over the new update you'll probably be stuck there for a while, depending on your choice of custom ROM and how quick it's developer can get his hands on the update and work with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

killathrilla
12-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Whens the release date?

Droid-Xer
12-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Ya, no biggie. I much rather not have all that blur crap on my phone. And I really don't need the Madden game either.

Xerrus
12-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Ya, no biggie. I much rather not have all that blur crap on my phone. And I really don't need the Madden game either.

Yeah, I'm thinking I can afford to wait, some of the system improvements look nice but not at the expense of losing my interface to blurr

kiunse
12-06-2010, 04:16 PM
what i am concerning is whether the updating is going to incluce the rooting

mikeinrichmond
12-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Yea, I'm thinking I'll keep Rubix and d/l Madden if I want it.. No Blur, No problems..;)

bucko1619
12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Just talked with Verizon tech support and the update will be released to users in phases beginning tomorrow (12/7). No other info about how long the release will take.

WugFresh
12-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Not looking foward to this not-gingerbread update, new bloatware, and most probably loosing root. Someone please post when they successfully re-root after they update.

-WugFresh

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid-Xer
12-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Not looking foward to this not-gingerbread update, new bloatware, and most probably loosing root. Someone please post when they successfully re-root after they update.

-WugFresh

Just don't update. Too much of a headache

cactus15
12-06-2010, 06:33 PM
How about the update to the camera so I can zoom in? ?????? My D1 could.....why can't my X???

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid-Xer
12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Why can't you zoom?

crunkfrunk
12-06-2010, 06:41 PM
How about the update to the camera so I can zoom in? ?????? My D1 could.....why can't my X???

Sent from my DROIDX
Mine zooms, push the volume down key

GoBlue13
12-06-2010, 06:41 PM

Sent from my DROIDX

The X's camera zooms. Use the volume buttons!

rfdesq
12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Spoke to tech support. Madden will be bloatware and not removable without root.

rigormootis
12-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I rooted but did not add any roms. The only thing I did do was deodex using 928's BG theme, do you think I need to go back to stock??

Xerrus
12-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Spoke to tech support. Madden will be bloatware and not removable without root.

Wow, can't believe they're making Madden bloatware. at least when the device came pre loaded with NFS you could delete it...

Xerrus
12-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I rooted but did not add any roms. The only thing I did do was deodex using 928's BG theme, do you think I need to go back to stock??

Only if you absolutely must have that update...otherwise I suggest waiting for the root developers to get a hold of it.

Personally, I think I may just wait on the whole thing till I see news of an imminent Gingerbread release for the DX. :)

budmonster
12-06-2010, 09:04 PM
i guess the best thing to do is wait for it come out and see what people can do with the update? if you unroot now and update, who knows how it will effect your phone?

wicked
12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm going to hold off on this mini update... for now at least.
I'll see what everyone else says first :)

Show
12-07-2010, 01:24 AM
This whole thing confuses me. lol!

mikeinrichmond
12-07-2010, 06:22 AM
This appears to be little more than what Apple does to iPhone owners that Jailbroke (rooted) our devices with their iOS 3.0.1 etc "updates" that were used to un-Jailbreak owners, and not much else. So I'll pass on Madden (pun intended) and whatever other nonsense they claim is in this update, and wait for G-bread, if we ever see it...:devil:

joeyjackpot
12-07-2010, 08:32 AM
I just need a oneclick root method for this before i do it... i can't go back to being rooted with additional crap on my phone... it's one thing to tell me i need skype or verizon mobile... another thing to tell me i need football games.

Backnblack
12-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Looking forward to this myself. Still un-rooted and stock here.

WugFresh
12-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Looking forward to this myself. Still un-rooted and stock here.

That makes you the perfect candidate to be a most appreciated guinea pig. After you update can you please try and root and inform us if you succeed? Nothing bad will happen, either you will get root or not, and if you let us know that would be super cool. You can even choose to unroot afterwards if for some reason that's your preference...

-WugFresh

Sent from my DROIDX

bamfsig45
12-07-2010, 10:56 AM
If youre running a custom rom, do yourself a favor and wait for the Dev of that rom to update it.

cactus15
12-07-2010, 02:02 PM
The X's camera zooms. Use the volume buttons!

Wow.....things you learn here....ty

Sent from my DROIDX

Les
12-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok I do not have an original back up. What do I need to do to take this rooted and romed dx back to factory? Like I just bought it new... I have the sbf of froyo. When I bought it it had 2.1 then I performed the over the air updat to 2.2 then after awhile I rooted and then chose my rom. So any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you!

RudyN
12-07-2010, 06:56 PM
I just checked & it indicates no updates available yet

mikeytoth
12-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Can't wait for the update. I have root, but also have the z4 one click root from over at xda. Hopefullly it will work when the update is pushed out.

jstorm
12-07-2010, 09:12 PM
If my DX is stock will it automatically update? I want to told off on the update for awhile.

wicked
12-07-2010, 09:18 PM
If my DX is stock will it automatically update? I want to told off on the update for awhile.

I've heard that if you go to settings->data manager->data delivery->social applications and click Sync Over WiFi only
it won't update automatically if you have your wifi OFF.

WugFresh
12-07-2010, 09:52 PM

Use TitaniumBackup to freeze Upgrader.apk

-WugFresh

Sent from my DROIDX

wicked
12-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Use TitaniumBackup to freeze Upgrader.apk

-WugFresh

Sent from my DROIDX

for some reason I was under the impression he wasnt rooted, but yeah if you are rooted, then the easiest way to avoid getting the OTA is to freeze Upgrader.apk or any system apk for that matter. I have a bunch of them frozen from day 1. lol

eljoker
12-07-2010, 10:26 PM
So for clarification, if im rooted and want to update I should be good to go asking as I haven't flashed a room or frozen anything, I will just lose root right?

Also as soon as the update goes live we should be able to go into system updates and PULL the update rather than wait for it to be PUSHED to us. Just a little fyi guys.

Sent from my DROIDX

WugFresh
12-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Looking forward to update.

-WugFresh

Sent from my DROIDX

wicked
12-08-2010, 12:08 AM
http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/478/47831.gif (http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/478/47831.gif)

droidosaurus_rex
12-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Updates out!! Go and get it boys and girls!!!!

localh67
12-08-2010, 02:51 AM
I'm uprooted with 2.2 and worried about them getting rid of the free usb teetering or even the free hot spot data on/off trick.

RussBad
12-08-2010, 02:57 AM
I tried to patch the 3G Hotspot and now I can't get any data. My internet does not work at all and weatherbug will not update! I tried to unpatch and still no data is comming in now.

goliath602
12-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Woohoo, downloading it now!! :D

Mr. Creeper
12-08-2010, 05:03 AM
Got my update about 2 hours ago. Looks like it pushed it to Android Version 2.2.1. Saw 'Madden' in my App List and the 'Data Usage' widget that goes with the new 'My Verizon Mobile' app. Also noticed that my dialer has the 'Most Recent' call right above the dial pad. Dialing a number will also give you matching results from your contacts list.

---DROID X ver. 2.2.1 - unrooted

goliath602
12-08-2010, 05:18 AM
Are there any other cosmetic changes other then the dialer?!

Mr. Creeper
12-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Browsing through right now. Also updated my previous post a lil', but no additional cosmetics.

X-tac23
12-08-2010, 05:34 AM
But being rooted is more fun! Lol. Sometimes I want to go back to stock but then realize I have to set everything back up.

Mr. Creeper
12-08-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm sure it is, X-tac. :) Just not something I've gotten around to yet...

X-tac23
12-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Has anyone tried to save root by moving it to /sbin the way we did it with 2.2

plumcrazy
12-08-2010, 05:51 AM
not a chance in heck im going to update and lose copy/paste. not in this lifetime

mikeytoth
12-08-2010, 06:48 AM
I updated the phone this morning. Before I updated, I used the z4 root app and un rooted the phone. Updated the software and let the phone do its thing. Then proceeded to reroot the phone using the same z4 app. Well I can confirm that my droidx is now rerooted . And working flawlessly.

PhDCow
12-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Stock Droid X here. I updated this morning. I don't see many changes yet. I use Launcher Pro, so maybe most of the improvements won't be noticable. I just want fewer force closes.

SimplySweetness
12-08-2010, 08:26 AM
I get "check for updates is not available at this time - please try again later" on WiFi and 3g.

Xdaddy
12-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Checked for update at 1:30am. TADA! updated and rooted by 2:00am

DroidManX
12-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Updated at 2am. My droid seems slightly faster. Didn't notice many changes except for madden & my verizon.. By the way.. Unrooted droid

hollywood
12-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Nothing for me.... My device is apparently up to date without the new update.... :/

jeverts
12-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Nothing for me.... My device is apparently up to date without the new update.... :/ Same here... I've unrooted and am waiting...

joeyjackpot
12-08-2010, 09:21 AM
They're actually rolling it out in batches this time, lol. there are a lot more in the wild now than there were when froyo dropped

Corlissimo
12-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Saw the push screen this morning. Thinking I'll wait a but to update my unrooted 2.2 DX.

From the list of items in the update it just doesn't seem worth it to me yet. I'm running ADW which seems to have sped things up compared to Blur. Also don't have many FC's at all, so again, I think I'll stuck here at 2.2 for now.

I'll be watching the forums closely.

firemarshallvin
12-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Un-rooted and awaiting the update. What the hell right? I've yet to grow a set big enought to change ROMs, so I think I deserve the cheesy update..lol

hollywood
12-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Question. Do you HAVE to unroot before update? I never unrooted for the 2.2 update, and all I had to do is just re-run the root commands to re-root it again.

joeyjackpot
12-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Well i mean - you sort of answered your own question, didn't you? Someone had only suggested it may be easier to reroot if you unroot before upgrading, but since it doesn't seem to matter via your own experience, that may have just been conjecture.

dkyork
12-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I upgraded my rooted X this morning. I had to change all my apps I renamed to .bak back to .apk and it worked. I didn't have to unroot to upgrade. Although, after the upgrade, I lost my root and haven't bothered to look into how to reroot.

So far all my apps work fine and madden is kind of crazy how well it works for a smart phone. ADW.launcher runs fine and is faster IMO. I also have all the apps running on my phone since I lost my root. Things seem to be smoother and not as jittery. IE. changing between home screens and the drawer. Battery life seems good, though my battery lasted two days anyway. My voice search finally works flawlessly with finding my contacts. You don't know how many times it wouldn't work and the hundreds of times I sync contacts with gmail.

Loving it so far.

kasherwood
12-08-2010, 11:52 AM
How come I can't push this update to my phone? Im still waiting, tried restarting it a few times and still nothing

SVDroidDude
12-08-2010, 11:57 AM
I updated the phone this morning. Before I updated, I used the z4 root app and un rooted the phone. Updated the software and let the phone do its thing. Then proceeded to reroot the phone using the same z4 app. Well I can confirm that my droidx is now rerooted . And working flawlessly.

I have no custom ROMS so I may do the same thing. That is good to hear that z4root worked again to re-root!! I was waiting for that confirmation before I proceeded with the upgrade. My update isn't available yet btw...no worries.

droidosaurus_rex
12-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Updated last night.. Here's a link to what I found that's new in the update.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-general-discussion/12849-update-2.html#post116568

royolpunk
12-08-2010, 11:59 AM
FOR ALL ASKING: I've seen these questions asked MILLIONS of times already.
1) YOU DON'T NEED TO BE UNROOTED. YOU CAN BE ROOTED BUT YOU WILL LOSE IT AFTER OTA.
2) THE UPDATE IS ROLLING OUT IN BATCHES. AS IN YOUR PHONE WILL BE UPDATE ALONG WITH ANOTHER PHONE IN BATCHES, SIMILAR TO HOW COOKIES ARE MADE IN BATCHES.
3) THIS IS NOT GINGERBREAD. IT IS A MINOR UPDATE THAT WILL FIX THINGS SUCH AS THE TEXTING BUG AND ADD A BUNCH OF OTHER FIXES AND BUGS.

mpetruzz
12-08-2010, 12:10 PM
How can i stop my phone from applying the upgrade automatically.

SVDroidDude
12-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Motorola Droid X Receiving OTA Update, too? | Android Phone Fans (http://phandroid.com/2010/12/08/motorola-droid-x-receiving-ota-update-too/)

Looks like it wasn't "officially" rolled out...only a small test group got the update. The rest of us will have to wait until the 17th.

just lou
12-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Motorola Droid X Receiving OTA Update, too? | Android Phone Fans (http://phandroid.com/2010/12/08/motorola-droid-x-receiving-ota-update-too/)

Looks like it wasn't "officially" rolled out...only a small test group got the update. The rest of us will have to wait until the 17th.

Verizon Tech Support says the 17th? Well, I guarantee we'll get it any day other than the 17th. :)

dkyork
12-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I went to settings, about, and clicked on system updates and the update came up. It wasn't automatic for me.

just lou
12-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I went to settings, about, and clicked on system updates and the update came up. It wasn't automatic for me.

Was this very early this morning, or recently?

dkyork
12-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Around 8 am eastern.

oh btw, trying to reroot with Z4 root and no go thus far. I've also tried doroot method with no success. Will keep all updated.

SVDroidDude
12-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Verizon Tech Support says the 17th? Well, I guarantee we'll get it any day other than the 17th. :)

Curious as to why they (Verizon) would stop the roll out? I guess they need guinea pigs to test it first before it goes out to the masses...or they already got negative feedback and stopped it until they can figure out what is wrong.

just lou
12-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Curious as to why they (Verizon) would stop the roll out? I guess they need guinea pigs to test it first before it goes out to the masses...or they already got negative feedback and stopped it until they can figure out what is wrong.

It's not that unusual unless they do stop the rollout for a week or so. I'm sure they're making sure there are no major bugs with the initial release, and if so, it should be back online very shortly.

dkyork
12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Ok gents,

Z4root worked after a reboot. I now have full root access again with root explorer on 2.2.1 android update.

RudyN
12-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I just checked for an update and received the message that my DroidX is up to date.

mikeytoth
12-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, like I said in my other post, I received the update after checking manually. Updated it around 630 this morning. then proceeded to root with z4 and all is well. Madden is a nice bonus. Had to purchase the full version. But so far, absolutely no quirks our problems.

Shinkalu
12-08-2010, 03:15 PM
I received the OTA update at about 4:15 ET this morning... Android version 2.2.1 // System version 2.3.340

1. Update to My Verizon Wirelss App adding Data Widget (more for info purposes --- as I have an unlimited plan)
2. Nice update to Dialer where Recent Call now shows directly above the dialer for quick access info
3. Madden'11 : FYI, secondary download is required and is "very large"... recommended to do so over Wi-Fi vs. 3G (have not had access to Wi-Fi yet to try this). Understood to be Free Trial version with $9.99 full version available.
4. Battery Life: Ironically, had unusual drain throughout the day today --- HOWEVER, went from 5% to 90% in < 30 min on OEM wall charger (that is MUCH faster than previous charging lead time for me)

FYI, I am NOT rooted. Running Stock X out of the box.

Tks.

deepsix2k4
12-08-2010, 03:32 PM

According to our corporate rep this afternoon, the update should be out on this Friday. He did not say what time, but I'd assume it will be released early. I'll try this as soon as Friday arrives. I also take his word with a grain of salt. He could just be very confused or live in a time paradox...

mikeytoth
12-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Still no issues!!!! Gotta love it!

CLorox
12-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Successfully performed update last night, on rooted phone, stock ROM. Anyone else wonder if that loss of 3g last night had anything to do with the update rollout? :)

My observations:

-Madden.. meh, bloatware, ill probably freeze it, but no big deal there.
-The data usage widget is interesting, not sure if I will end up using it on an unlimited plan.
-I like the recent call UI change on the Dialer
-The battery usage application seems to work reliably! (I can't believe they didn't catch that in QA during the last build)
-I lost root as expected, but rerooted with z4root without issue.
-Might be unrelated, but the applications screen seems a little laggier than normal

hollywood
12-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Can someone post some screens for those of us still in waiting? Pleeeeeeeeease???

Bungle
12-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Im curious about where everyone that got the update lives.
For example, west coast vs east coast etc. Certain areas or random?

EDGmb810
12-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Can someone post some screens for those of us still in waiting? Pleeeeeeeeease???

I haven't been able to get the update yet.

I'm still waiting for that Donkey Kong kill screen that was coming up.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2e5vd48.jpg

Bungle
12-08-2010, 07:48 PM
what state do you live in?

MA here.

dcpenguin
12-08-2010, 07:54 PM
TN

Bungle
12-08-2010, 08:09 PM
This should probably be a new thread.

squidney2k1
12-08-2010, 11:53 PM
I live in northern CA and still haven't gotten the update.

wicked
12-08-2010, 11:56 PM
I live in northern CA and still haven't gotten the update.

Really? I'm in the bay area and it was available here last night at midnight or so...

Uncle Chan
12-09-2010, 12:02 AM
WA State here. No update yet.

RudyN
12-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Silicon Valley in CA and nothing yet

Mr. Creeper
12-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Im curious about where everyone that got the update lives.
For example, west coast vs east coast etc. Certain areas or random?

I'm in SoCal. I did a manual update last night at about 2am.

From what I understand, the update was only available to those that signed up with Motorola's Feedback Program.

wicked
12-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Silicon Valley in CA and nothing yet

Really Rudy? I'm in the same city as you. San Jose!

I'm in SoCal. I did a manual update last night at about 2am.

From what I understand, the update was only available to those that signed up with Motorola's Feedback Program.

I don't remember ever signing up for any feedback program and the update was available to me last night.
Didn't do the update though, I'm keeping my setup for now.

localh67
12-09-2010, 01:16 AM
are you still able to use the USB tethering and data on/off trick for the 3g hotspot with the new update? Im also unrooted.

turbon5.0
12-09-2010, 03:20 AM
I got the download late last night here in Hawaii, but strangely I can't update my girlfriends phone. It says no update found. I like how it has the name/number search feature like the droid inc. Yes the wifi trick still works.

turbon5.0
12-09-2010, 03:26 AM
That is strange cause I thought my phone was acting up so I tried restarting and taking out the battery etc then tried my girlfriends droid x and we both didn't have internet too. This was around 1 am Hawaii time.
Successfully performed update last night, on rooted phone, stock ROM. Anyone else wonder if that loss of 3g last night had anything to do with the update rollout? :)

My observations:

-Madden.. meh, bloatware, ill probably freeze it, but no big deal there.
-The data usage widget is interesting, not sure if I will end up using it on an unlimited plan.
-I like the recent call UI change on the Dialer
-The battery usage application seems to work reliably! (I can't believe they didn't catch that in QA during the last build)
-I lost root as expected, but rerooted with z4root without issue.
-Might be unrelated, but the applications screen seems a little laggier than normal

jonsgirl
12-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Jacksonville, Florida - no update yet.

Shinkalu
12-09-2010, 07:43 AM
I'm traveling from PA to FL tomorrow... perhaps if I bring my updated X with me --- the update will follow me down to the sunshine state!

ryay87
12-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Can anyone verify that this fixes the notification sounds being routed to a bluetooth headset when playing music?

Uncle Chan
12-09-2010, 09:37 AM
I unrooted, downloaded the update from Megauploads, installed it, and rerooted. I don't see a whole lot of change yet.

hollywood
12-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Idaho (I'm not the ho) :p

zgruven
12-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Really? I'm in the bay area and it was available here last night at midnight or so...

I am in Nor Cal too Elk Grove and zero update. But I can wait.

joeyjackpot
12-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Update.zip worked perfectly for me. I'm in upstate ny

SimplySweetness
12-09-2010, 10:10 AM
No update here in Upstate, NY.

Sent from my DROIDX

joeyjackpot
12-09-2010, 10:12 AM
No one can pull the update right now. It was available to be pulled for a short amount of time early Wed morning and was pushed to about 10,000 devices.

Supposedly, it's either rolling out in larger batches Tomorrow or on the 17th. Or you can download the update.zip like i did and get it now lol

zgruven
12-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Has anyone noticed on the Verizon site for the droid X update the picture of the phone is the droid2? it even says it under the model# droid2....just though it was funny...

joeyjackpot
12-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Has anyone noticed on the Verizon site for the droid X update the picture of the phone is the droid2? it even says it under the model# droid2....just though it was funny...

which website are YOU on? http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_x.pdf

SVDroidDude
12-09-2010, 11:13 AM
WA State here. No update yet.

North of Seattle...no go on OTA. Not to get off the subject but how is your 3G coverage? You can reply via IM as to not interfere with thread.

jonsgirl
12-09-2010, 01:15 PM
update.zip is at http://www.multiupload.com/6X6YSYJZP3
I installed on a DX that was rooted with z4root (no themes, no roms), lost root and rerooted with z4root.
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j423/jonsgirl923/ScreenShot.png

Quadrant Standard results (no overclock)
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j423/jonsgirl923/112541820_photobucket_88_.png

Bungle
12-09-2010, 02:03 PM
I never see people with the X. Last night at the bar I go to, every person that sat on the left of me throughout the night had one. I asked to check every one of their phones lol.

No one had the update.

happydroid
12-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Anyone notice a difference when the phone vibrates for incoming calls or texts? Mine seems different...like it scales up from a low vibrate to a high vibrate...

joeyjackpot
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
no one can pull the update right now. No one.

joeyjackpot
12-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Anyone notice a difference when the phone vibrates for incoming calls or texts? Mine seems different...like it scales up from a low vibrate to a high vibrate...

Yes, its like it's pulsing. I noticed that too with texts.

jonsgirl
12-09-2010, 02:34 PM
no one can pull the update right now. No one.
But you can download from the internet and install. :)

joeyjackpot
12-09-2010, 02:41 PM
But you can download from the internet and install. :)

of course! we just don't need 490 users posting their location and that they cannot pull the update. no user in any location can pull the update. it has nothing to do with location. lol.

CrAsH_OvErIdE
12-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Booo! I like my oc'd, rooted DX the way it is thank you very much.

EDGmb810
12-09-2010, 02:50 PM
well I still can't get the update but it went from update not available to your phone is up to date

Faith
12-09-2010, 02:53 PM
I got the update the same day it came out, downloaded with no problems, just lost root and had to re root was all. Call me crazy but I like the update. Phone seems to operate smoother and I dont get stuck at the M screen when booting up. So far so good for me : )

Sent from my DROIDX

DroiX
12-09-2010, 03:03 PM
I got just got my Droid X about two weeks ago. I didn't root, deodex, flash roms or put on any themes, I've been totally stock. I experienced the music bug(s), the wifi and 3g bugs, the txt messaging bug, battery, camera and marketplace FC. I had not experienced the reboot bug or the stuck at "M" logo bug.

I've been overall happy with the phone (despite the bugs), but was anxious for the update. I downloaded the update about 5am EST yesterday morning.

The update has fixed almost all the bugs.

Although wifi and 3g are working (no data problems) for some reason, I have both icons in the notification bar. This only started a couple of hours ago.

My phone also crashed once earlier today, only a battery pull would work.

I also seem to have an issue that happens when I get an email. For some reason, I'll get one message and the notification will repeat like "Dr..Dr..Droid". Don't know what that's all about.

I also experienced a problem on a phone call (first one since I've had the phone) where the other person was extremely quiet. That lasted about 5 seconds and then they were back. This problem may have been on their end.

Overall I think the update was good (so far), but it hasn't fixed enough with the device to keep me from taking the plunge and rooting, deodexing, installing a rom and a theme once everybody has had a chance to update the roms and themes for the update. I just don't understand why the phone has so may bugs. :(

KyleQ
12-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I've got nothing yet...

Bungle
12-09-2010, 03:50 PM
of course! we just don't need 490 users posting their location and that they cannot pull the update. no user in any location can pull the update. it has nothing to do with location. lol.

The point was to figure out if they released it in select areas or to random people. If a bunch of people came on and got it in NC and nowhere else, then we'd have an idea of how they rolled that one out and how it may work in the future.

joeyjackpot
12-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I could tell that's what was happening but they announced yesterday that they had stopped pushing it and they had made it so that it's no longer available to be pulled... no longer a need to troubleshoot the situation with trial and error when we've already got official word it's not available anymore on any device and will see a wide release at a later date.

You can try to pull it all day today from every state and on every phone and you won't get it - just wait until it's actually released or download it.

bsbabcock
12-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Here's my newb rookie question of the day. If you do the download from the interwebz instead of waiting, I wonder if that would cause any problems down the road for future updates?
hmmmm ? :/ Just wondering.

wicked
12-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Here's my newb rookie question of the day. If you do the download from the interwebz instead of waiting, I wonder if that would cause any problems down the road for future updates?
hmmmm ? :/ Just wondering.

You should be fine as long as you download the official OTA in .zip format
The leak is a different story all together, then you would have problems doing future updates.

PhysicsGuy
12-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Just woke up and my OTA update was available.. downloading/installing now in Long Island, NY...

update... less than 5 minutes later, updated, re-rooted, back up and running, no issues. Only thing I did to prepare was defrost bloat. Easy, peasy, mac and cheesy!

cactus15
12-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Just got my update this morning .....Raleigh / Durham. So far so good....no problems

Sent from my DROIDX

jeverts
12-10-2010, 05:58 AM
Up-dated rooted X - lost root, re-rooted and all is well... NJ here...

CrAsH_OvErIdE
12-10-2010, 06:04 AM
I didn't lose my root but I guess the update slipped through all my downloads because I didn't even notice I had it until I looked up what version I was running. I have been using Z4 for root though, despite all the negative comments about the download. I must say, for being fake or whatever people are calling it on other blogs, it sure does get the job done. :-P

CrAsH_OvErIdE
12-10-2010, 06:06 AM
I also go cross country alot. So that might have something to do with the updates.

The persuader
12-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Mines downloading as I'm sending this message...State of Maine...

bossco
12-10-2010, 06:38 AM
You can zoom with your volume controls

Sent from my DROIDX

ryay87
12-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Can anyone verify that this fixes the notification sounds being routed to a bluetooth headset when playing music like sms tones, reminders, etc.? Please anyone?

KyleQ
12-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Downloading update as I type!

kiunse
12-10-2010, 07:46 AM
failed to upgrate.
Help!!!!!!

KyleQ
12-10-2010, 07:51 AM
success

firemarshallvin
12-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Update on my saga trying to get root back ....HELP!

I was running stock 2.2, decided to root, no ROMS. Saw that the latest update was coming out so I unrooted, not problem (really). But since unrooting I would always boot in clockwork which pissed me off. So I started playing, tried the update that's floating around (update.zip) and that worked but still boots me in Clockwork. So then I tried factory reset, still no go. last night I decided to restore a backup from the past which was immediately after I rooted the first time. Everything was back, and botting was normal. Now, I think it gave me back root which was how the phone was when backed up, but not 100% sure. The SU icon was present, and I think the Ti loaded without error just can't remember, things getting blurry.... This am I rechecked for the OTA update and it was there. Updated figuring as others are finding that it will kill root and be fine, just re-root again. Well things not fine. since OTA I'm booting back to Clockwork and Ti says it can't find root, this leads me to believe that I don't have root, even though the SU icon (ninja) is present. Tried RootMyX2 which I used in past, but it gets hung up at "Waiting for Device" right after loading the arm5.bin file thingy. I've cycle USB modes, debugging is on. Tried Z4root which I can't even install because it says that the "file can not parse".

Someone please help, I can't take this **** anymore and getting very frustrated.

goldsmitht
12-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Got my update this morning at 4:30; MD here. Seems to work a little quicker.

Stock, out of the box with a few nice freebies added.

can anyone explain the gains by rooting? Don't want to chance bricking my phone if there really are any performance gains.

yurdle
12-10-2010, 08:57 AM
@firemarshallvin Maybe time to try an SBF flash.... you gotta stay patient with this stuff.. its all fairly easy but if you rush it and do something wrong its going to screw everything up...

Before you try sbf try to restart the phone then use z4root... i tried the DoRoot method after updating just to see if it would work.. hadn't heard anything on it.. but it didn't work.. it ended up confusing adb on my phone and even though usb debugging was on z4 thought it was off.. a simple restart fixed that and z4 rooted no problem

holydroid
12-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Got the update in Colorado Rockies. Haven't noticed a whole lot of difference yet.

IMDROID
12-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Downloading update now (Manually) Settings ---> About Phone ---->System Updates. I'm in Cleveland, Ohio area.

SimplySweetness
12-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Pushed the update to my phone this morning ((Upstate, NY)) except I am one of those sorry fools who the update fails for. The strange thing is I never removed any of the bloatware after I rooted/deodexed. I just hid them from the app drawer in LPP... SO I wish I knew how to fix this issue! lol.

EDGmb810
12-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Just finally got the update. installing now.

I had the settings on data-social apps set to update on wifi only. once I unchecked that , rebooted, turned on wifi and the dl came right through.

EDGmb810
12-10-2010, 10:14 AM
woohoo it worked...

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/members/11140-albums319-picture5337.jpg

tried rebooting after install, all seems stable.

rfdesq
12-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Update installed flawlessly. Today was my day (my 30 day remorse period is up this weekend) to decide whether to stay with Verizon and the DX. Or, go back to T-Mo where I had been for 10 years. I'm staying with Verizon and the DX.

joeyjackpot
12-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Pushed the update to my phone this morning ((Upstate, NY)) except I am one of those sorry fools who the update fails for. The strange thing is I never removed any of the bloatware after I rooted/deodexed. I just hid them from the app drawer in LPP... SO I wish I knew how to fix this issue! lol.

I think your system files need to be odexed for the update to work...

safetchief
12-10-2010, 10:32 AM
The patch has been released in the Winston-Salem,NC area .I received the update OTA for my Droid last night about 7:00 PM. I then received the Droid X OTA this morning when I woke up. I can see the Madden program which was added, and will test throughout today to see how it is performing.
Good Luck All

SimplySweetness
12-10-2010, 10:41 AM

I was running it on 928Droids back to stock odexed.

Bama29
12-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Checked for system updates this morning and there it was. So far it appears to have installed without issue...

CrAsH_OvErIdE
12-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I want my DX-2 with a T.I. ARM9 1.5Ghz mpu! <Can they even do that?

safetchief
12-10-2010, 11:07 AM
The new phone dialing layout is great -Good improvement

EDGmb810
12-10-2010, 11:09 AM
well I had 1 minor issue so far.

It came after installing, rebooting then checking for program updates at appbrain.

Appbrain said there was an update for flash

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/members/11140-albums319-picture5343.jpg

but the history of installed programs showed that version already installed.

I went ahead and let it upgrade and it said it did so sucessfully.

When I rebooted it hung on the M logo and I had to do a battery pull.

After the battery pull and restart eveything seems fine again now.

FYI: I have a stock X. But I don't use the stock market app, I use appbrain to install and update apps.

also heres a cap of what the system info says after update on my phone:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/members/11140-albums319-picture5342.jpg

Lisa
12-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Downloading right now. Fingers crossed. Long Island NY

ryant35
12-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm unrooted after updating. I downloaded z4root and rerooted just fine. Freezing bloatware now and all is good so far.

SimplySweetness
12-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Solved my problem and now have 2.3.340. Now to re-root it and start all over lol.

SVDroidDude
12-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Thank goodness for z4root!!

whitewolf
12-10-2010, 04:21 PM
How did you fix it
I have the same problem

hollywood
12-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Mine failed too.... What's the fix?

Rooted
(Had) Bootstrap Recovery (Uninstalled the app)
And that's it.

pegscraper
12-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I can't even get to the update. I go to setting - about phone - system updates, and it says "system update is not available without a Motorola service account. Say what? It gives me an option to set up an account. I go to that page, but there is no Motorola account there. There is a bunch of add on stuff which I either already have or don't want. I got the last update a few months ago just fine. What gives here?

hollywood
12-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I can't even get to the update. I go to setting - about phone - system updates, and it says "system update is not available without a Motorola service account. Say what? It gives me an option to set up an account. I go to that page, but there is no Motorola account there. There is a bunch of add on stuff which I either already have or don't want. I got the last update a few months ago just fine. What gives here?

Are you on the leaked 2.2?

Have you ever SBF'd from a file provided to you or anything?

ryay87
12-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Can anyone verify that this fixes the notification sounds being routed to a bluetooth headset when playing music? Come on someone has to know the answer to this. Please let me know?

bsbabcock
12-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Didn't think I'd be seeing the update for a while but sure enough got it done this evening coincidentally at the verizon store while I was picking up a charger. Runs like a champ so far.

I also just saw and did the flash upgrade also in appbrain so hopefully no lockups on reboot like posted above.

I'm in asheville nc for reference.

pegscraper
12-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Are you on the leaked 2.2?

Have you ever SBF'd from a file provided to you or anything?

Nope. None of that.

hollywood
12-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Nope. None of that.

That's weird then... The only time I have ever seen it say that is when it was on the leaked version because it was an internal copy not meant to be released to the public... I would probably call Verizon on that one...

SimplySweetness
12-10-2010, 11:27 PM
How did you fix it
I have the same problem

I ran RSD lite and flashed the 2.3.15 .sbf to it. It removed everything and went back to fresh and complete stock, from there I could update. I believe it was because Clockwork was still there.

ckdg888
12-11-2010, 04:27 AM

I have also rooted, flashed a rom once but am stock rom. have hid apps with laucher pro but dont think ive gotten ride of any.

ota will load about 25%-30% then slow down then stop and reboot...do step by step instructions exist for doing the "sbf" i keep hearing about?

rcji
12-11-2010, 11:32 AM
I checked for the update just now and it says your device is up to date. I'm rooted and running 2.2. Am I doing something wrong?

pegscraper
12-11-2010, 04:59 PM
That's weird then... The only time I have ever seen it say that is when it was on the leaked version because it was an internal copy not meant to be released to the public... I would probably call Verizon on that one...

Wow, that's fantastic. I guess I'll have to unroot and hide all the good apps. The alternative would be to live with what I have. I have no complaints about it anyway. Will that cause me any problems down the road if I never take the update?

CrAsH_OvErIdE
12-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Epic failure for one trying to understand new tech. I never have problems with my devices. Only problems I ever have are easily fixed by mods, hacks, or cracks. I rarely buy cheap hardware, and software is common sense. If you don't do research, you are wasting potential. :-P

EDGmb810
12-12-2010, 10:57 AM
well I had 1 minor issue so far.

Just want to check back in and say that after this one minor glitch it's been running fine.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ur8403.jpg

spasell
12-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Well, for whatever reason, my update came through, and then when I said YES to update, it reboots and then says "Update Failed".

Yup, I'm rooted. But from what I have seen here and everywhere, it should have worked and I'll just reroot later.

What gives? Did I miss something here? I read this thread but don't seem to fall into same exact issues. Help

joeyjackpot
12-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Wow, that's fantastic. I guess I'll have to unroot and hide all the good apps. The alternative would be to live with what I have. I have no complaints about it anyway. Will that cause me any problems down the road if I never take the update?

You don't have to get the official OTA delivery method for the update to work. I downloaded the update.zip since it's the exact same thing, your phone doesn't know/care/store how you received the update, it cares about the signature/version of the update. at no point down the line will your phone communicate to verizon/motorola "this person upgraded themselves instead of ota!!!" and you will always be eligible to upgrade to further OTA updates having installed it yourself.

There are no real disadvantages to not updating, like, nothing long term. but man, just download it, and install it yourself. I did.

joeyjackpot
12-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Update Failed is due to something you've done to your phone that made it be less-than-stock. no, not rooting. Please see the thread called "Taking the 2.3.340 update? READ!" link in my sig

joeyjackpot
12-13-2010, 03:15 PM
I checked for the update just now and it says your device is up to date. I'm rooted and running 2.2. Am I doing something wrong?

No. It will roll out to users through Friday. I don't know when I would've received mine, I just applied the update manually by downloading the update.zip. You can do that too if you're tired of waiting.

vballchic1158
12-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Miami....updating NOW

BoostinBen
12-13-2010, 03:25 PM
I defrosted all bloatware and update went through perfectly, then re-rooted with Z4root and no problems whatsoever.

joeyjackpot
12-13-2010, 03:31 PM
I defrosted all bloatware and update went through perfectly, then re-rooted with Z4root and no problems whatsoever.

There are many users for whom the update goes smoothly and without a hitch... they just don't have 350 threads discussing how easy it was... lol! you are not alone. mine went smooth as butter... we just need to help everyone else figure out how to get it up and running on their devices!