PDA

View Full Version : For the people having problems with rsdlite and win7

choose
12-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Just thought i would throw this out there since i have not seen it as an option or solution to the problems with windows 7 and rsdlite. I tried just about everything i could find online to get my computer to flash an sbf without failing. Here was my solution. It worked EVERYTIME i have tried.

1. Stop trying to get your windows 7 to flash it... its not impossible but the time you waste trying to get it to work is not worth the time it takes to follow these steps.
2. You will need either VMWARE workstation (what i have used and succeeded with) or VirtualBox (VirtualBox (http://www.virtualbox.org/)).
3. Make a new virtual machine and load XP on it.
4. *this step may not be important but its what i did* Uninstall the moto drivers and rsdlite from your windows 7 machine.
5. After your VM is made, go into your virtual machine settings and map the usb ports of your computer to the VM. This is not difficult to figure out but is different on each of the VM softwares. Google how to do it on the flavor you pick.
6. Fire up the VM and log into windows xp.
7. Install all of the required moto drivers and the latest rsdlite.
8. Plug in your phone to the usb port you mapped to the VM.
9. You should see the device show up in xp for your moto device. (your host pc, win 7, should ignore the device)
10. Flash the sbf as you normally would. This has worked 100% of the time for me. No need to find a winxp machine or reload your OS, I have not seen many posts about people having sbf's fail while using xp. The best part about this method is Virtualization is available to linux and mac os x users. Virtual Box is 100% free and can be used on all 3.

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, I never saw it. I hope this helps save some people some time trying to get rsdlite to play nice with 7.