Droid-Xer
12-05-2010, 01:03 PM
REQUIREMENTS
1. Root
2. Debugging must be turned on
3. Busybox app by stericson
4. Ninjamorph app by stericson
5. (Optional) Astro File Manager

THIS IS TO ALL BE DONE ON THE PHONE ITSELF! NO COMPUTER REQUIRED! THIS METHOD CAN BE USED BY ANY ANDROID PHONE!

First, we must have the framework.res file for whatever icons we want. For this example I will use the popular watermark'D theme by stewart1champ WatermarkD3.4TUD1.0.0fix.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?m2n22c903wfpoe6). I click the link and the download will be saved in the DOWNLOAD folder in Astro File Manager. I then go to the root of the SD card and create a new directory (folder) and name it WATERMARK'D. I go to the DOWNLOAD folder, long press the watermark'D file, click EDIT, click MOVE, go back to the WATERMARK'D file I made and paste the file there. I long press the watermark'D file, click EXTRACT, click EXTRACT TO THIS DIRECTORY. After the extract is complete, I click on SYSTEM, click FRAMEWORK, then long press on the FRAMEWORK-RES Android, click EXTRACT, click EXTRACT TO THIS DIRECTORY. All the files will then extract. I then scroll down to the RES folder and move this to the DOWNLOAD folder by long pressing the RES folder, click EDIT, click MOVE, go to ANDROID THEMES folder, and click PASTE. In the RES folder is where the .png files are that we will be changing.

Now open NINJAMORPH, click START CHECKS, then click NEW PROJECT. Scroll down and click on SYSTEM folder, click FRAMEWORK, then click FRAMEWORK-RESAPK, and your current framework will be extracted.

Now, click RES folder, click DRAWABLE-HDPI, and scroll down to stat_notify_alarm.png, this is where the notification icon .pngs start. Click the .png you want to change out. For this example we'll use the stat_notify_alarm.png, click on it. Then it'll take us to the root of the SD card, so we scroll down to the ANDROID THEMES folder, then click on the RES folder, click DRAWABLE-HDPI, and scroll down to the stat_notify_alarm.png and click on it. if it is the correct .png you want to switch out click YES on the window that pops up. Repeat for all the pngs you want to change.

When finished, click the blue BACK ARROW to get to the app main screen. Click FINISH PROJECT, click FRAMEWORK-RESAPK. It will compile the new framework.res. Then click YES, YES, OK, NO. If you can't click on the NO in the last window that's ok, the phone will reboot anyway. Once the phone comes back on, you will have your new icons.

To make additional changes just open NINJAMORPH and click EXISTING PROJECT to change more icons.

Once you get familiar with Ninjamorph, you will see ways to streamline the process.

For questions, help, or for any suggestions please PM me.

Thanks!!

trenton
12-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Awesome....

Droid-Xer
12-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Faster way to modify pngs using Ninjamorph

This method assumes you know how to pull framework...

1. Put pngs you will be using in a folder on your SD card
2. Open a new project in Ninjamorph.
3. Go to system/framework/framework-res.apk/files will extract
4. Press HOME key
5. Go to your SD card where you put the pngs
6. Multi-Select the pngs
7. Copy all of them
8. Naviagte to Android Themes folder/workspace/framework-resapk/res/drawable hdpi.
9. Paste your copied pngs in drawable hdpi folder and overwrite.
10. Long press home button and select Ninjamorph and then press back hard key.
11. Select Existing Project/framework-resapk.
12. Press Copy Files.
13. Press back arrow and then Finish Project.
14. Select framework-resapk
15. Files will recompile
16. Then for following windows select yes/yes/ok/no
17. Phone will reboot and changes will be implemented.

How to edit Verizon Wireless banner on lockscreen/drop down

1. Download Hex Editor http://www.appbrain.com/app/hexeditor/tuba.tools
2. Open a new project in Ninjamorph
3. System/framework/framework-res.apk
4. Press home key
5. Open Hex Editor
6. Menu key/open file
7. SD card/Android themes/workspace/framework-res.apk/res/xml/eri.xml
8. Scroll down to 000001e0. This is where the banner starts
9. Click on number 56/select ASCII/change to whatever letter
10. Continue to do so til last letter number 73
11. For spaces use 20
12. When finished: menu key/save file
13. Press home key
14. Open ninjamorph/existing project/copy files
15. Back arrow/finish project
16. After reboot you will have a modified banner

DThomp
12-09-2010, 05:51 PM
This write up and one on another forum both taught me how to use NinjaMorph. Both of you guys who took the time to write these up should be very proud of yourselves. Since then I have modded my ststusbar, keyboards, and today I modded the phone dialer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid-Xer
12-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Sweet. Glad to help. Who needs themes when you can make your own, right?

The persuader
12-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey, You're very good too...I do read a lot of your post...Great job learning as I go...

God must have given you Guys specials Gifts...In Maine I'm lucky we have ^&%#X#! (TEETH:)) or (1 TOOTH)

Droid-Xer
12-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey, You're very good too...I do read a lot of your post...Great job learning as I go...

God must have given you Guys specials Gifts...In Maine I'm lucky we have ^&%#X#! (TEETH:)) or (1 TOOTH)

Thanks man, I try to help where I can. Let me know if you need any help on the icons.

The persuader
12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Ooooh! I do need help All Right!!!

...but don't want to waste your time until I am up to Par...Seriously...Great Job!

Excuse me Kleenex time...Tears for Fears...

Bubba

Droid-Xer
12-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Ooooh! I do need help All Right!!!

...but don't want to waste your time until I am up to Par...Seriously...Great Job!

Excuse me Kleenex time...Tears for Fears...

Bubba

Haha, you trip me out Bubba!

DThomp
12-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Sweet. Glad to help. Who needs themes when you can make your own, right?

Exactly. I'm running Fission 2.3, with a port from the dev of Lucid, I also have my notification icons from BlackOut 5.1, screen lock sliders from 928droid, both phone dialers from UDX, and I did my own keyboards.

I have a question for you. On the dialer in contacts, I can't find the background, should it be there or would it be somewhere else, or am I just overlooking it?

Droid-Xer
12-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Good question, I've never changed that out. i'll look for it tomorrow at work and update here if I find it!

Pensacola32526
12-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Any screenshots or did I miss it?

Droid-Xer
12-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Click on my profile and go to my album, I got some pics of my orange theme there, just to give you an idea of what can be done.

gravybird
12-11-2010, 08:09 PM
can I download the .zip on my computer, and drag it into my sd card like I have done for 1.9.0 and the blackbarmod? or will that mess up the process somehow?

Droid-Xer
12-11-2010, 10:13 PM
can I download the .zip on my computer, and drag it into my sd card like I have done for 1.9.0 and the blackbarmod? or will that mess up the process somehow?

Yes, you can extract the files on your CPU. All you need on your SD card is the Res folder. That's where the .pngs are.

gravybird
12-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Ok so I'm just gonna follow your directions! When I am in astro/sd card, and go to make a new file, there its two options, zip file, or directory. Which one of those bad boys is the lucky one?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

HarleyDad
12-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Is this like metamorph? I never could figure that app out on my D1

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=gravybird;121142]Ok so I'm just gonna follow your directions! When I am in astro/sd card, and go to make a new file, there its two options, zip file, or directory. Which one of those bad boys is the lucky one?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App[/QUOTE

Sorry I put folder, but it is new directory. I'll change it in the OP.

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Is this like metamorph? I never could figure that app out on my D1

Sort of, same dev created both apps, but I slays had issues using it, but I think ninjamorph is a lot more user friendly, plus you can do it all from the phone which I like

gravybird
12-12-2010, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=gravybird;121142]Ok so I'm just gonna follow your directions! When I am in astro/sd card, and go to make a new file, there its two options, zip file, or directory. Which one of those bad boys is the lucky one?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App[/QUOTE

Sorry I put folder, but it is new directory. I'll change it in the OP.

Sweet! I can help you refine your guide from a complete beginners pov. Now is that watermark'd just one pack of icons to choose from? And on those two apps by stericson, there is a paid or a free one. Is the free ones enough to get by with?

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=Droid-Xer;121211]

Sweet! I can help you refine your guide from a complete beginners pov. Now is that watermark'd just one pack of icons to choose from? And on those two apps by stericson, there is a paid or a free one. Is the free ones enough to get by with?

You can use any rom/theme that you like. For example, if you like the CyanogenMod themes for the original Droid you can download the zip and then extract the res folder following the steps. If you like a theme or mod for the evo, you can pull the res folder from there. If you look at the pics in my sig, I pulled most of those orange icons from a Chevy simply stunning rom. All the apps needed to do this are free.

gravybird
12-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So on any theme .zip there is a .res with all the icons in it. I think I get it. Yeah I lurked on your screenshots, pretty cool! Once again, Thank you!

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Correct, so if you check out other forums and if you see an icon you like just download the zip and then extract and pull the res from the framework. That's the beauty of it, you can use different icons from different themes/ROMs. The sliders can be changed using the zz.slider .pngs

gravybird
12-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Kool! I'm gonna practice with that watermark'd, and see what I can mess up:-)

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 03:56 PM
just make a backup prior to making any modifications. I know you know, just a reminder.

gravybird
12-12-2010, 04:40 PM
YOU DA MAN!!! it worked perfectly! I am now the proud owner of a new alarm clock icon in my status bar.:)

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Sweet, now just go back into ninjamorph- existing project, when you want to change more icons. The sliders are the zz. pngs if you want to change those too.

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Ninjamorph not on the market anymore?

gravybird
12-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Sweet, now just go back into ninjamorph- existing project, when you want to change more icons. The sliders are the zz. pngs if you want to change those too.

ok, I use no lock 99% of the time, so the sliders don't matter to much for me. next I am gonna grab the bluetooth icon from darkberry that I used to have, I just have to put darkberry back on the sd card. also I liked the way that facebook looked with darkberry, is there any way to put just that part of the theme onto facebook?

gravybird
12-12-2010, 04:50 PM

it was there a couple hours ago:confused:

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 04:51 PM
ok, I use no lock 99% of the time, so the sliders don't matter to much for me. next I am gonna grab the bluetooth icon from darkberry that I used to have, I just have to put darkberry back on the sd card. also I liked the way that facebook looked with darkberry, is there any way to put just that part of the theme onto facebook?

You liked the Facebook widget skin?

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Yes it is. just search ninjamorph

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 04:52 PM
it was there a couple hours ago:confused:

Ah, I found it, the QR wasn't working

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 04:56 PM
If I want to get rid of a theme how do I do that?

gravybird
12-12-2010, 04:59 PM
You liked the Facebook widget skin?

ok I will rephrase for better understandingment:) when I was on rubix 1.8.9, I put the darkberry theme on the phone. facebook was black background with blue writing. just wondering if I could use your ninjamorph methods to theme facebook only? does that even make sense??

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 05:34 PM
ok I will rephrase for better understandingment:) when I was on rubix 1.8.9, I put the darkberry theme on the phone. facebook was black background with blue writing. just wondering if I could use your ninjamorph methods to theme facebook only? does that even make sense??

Yes, grab the zip of the themed widget and extract so you have access to the .png files just like you did for the icon. Open ninjamorph go to new project, go down to data, then click app, then click the app you want to change, it will extract the files, then go to res, then drawable, and then down to widget xml and then swap with the other xml you want. that should work. i havent done widgets yet, but thats how it should be done.

gravybird
12-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Yes, grab the zip of the themed widget and extract so you have access to the .png files just like you did for the icon. Open ninjamorph go to new project, go down to data, then click app, then click the app you want to change, it will extract the files, then go to res, then drawable, and then down to widget xml and then swap with the other xml you want. that should work. i havent done widgets yet, but thats how it should be done.

Ok, I have done all the extracting on the darkberry theme. now I am trying to put res into the download folder and it gives a warning: the directory res already exists. do you want to merge the files into this directory? merge or cancel?

would renaming res before moving it help?

I renamed the res from the darkberry theme after all the extracting to "res D" and it moved just fine into the downloads section

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 05:48 PM
No word on deleting/getting rid of a theme?

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Actually you might be only to change system app files.

gravybird
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but if it were me, I would just restore to the backup that I made before applying the theme. I make backups before doing anything like that as per the advice of everyone on the site. hope that helps!

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Ok,i do have a backup

Abe21599
12-12-2010, 06:10 PM
ima stick this one for a while ;)

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 06:15 PM

Sorry i was working with another user. Just make a nandroid before you make any changes.

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 06:16 PM
My first sticky! Thanks Abe

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 06:29 PM
I don't think it worked, the"alarm"notification symbol looks the same

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't think it worked, the"alarm"notification symbol looks the same

Did the phone reboot? Did you change the correct corresponding .pngs?

C Dippa
12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
My first sticky! Thanks Abe

Congrats bro...really good info

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Where am i supposed to find the watermark'd .png?

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Where am i supposed to find the watermark'd .png?

watermark'D is the theme we're using in this example. You need to download the zip extract and use the res folder to swap out .pngs in Ninjamorph. just follow the steps...

Thanks C Dippa!!!

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I did and it looks the same

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I just tried to change it and nm keeps freezing when I try to select the watermark'd directory

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 06:52 PM
so you already extracted the res folder in astro right? You go to new project and youre able to click on the .png you want to change right? But it FCs when you try to select corresponding .png

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 06:54 PM
If FC means freeze, yes.

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
The only way to unfreeze it is force close

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Never had that problem. In astro can you view all the .pngs in drawable-hdmi in the res folder?

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 07:01 PM
It says the directory is empty....what the hell did I do lol

wicked
12-12-2010, 07:02 PM
sweet, this thread got sticky!
This will help alot of people. Great thread Droid-Xer
Once xmas is over and I'm done with my xmas theme I will be doing some ninjamorphing
and asking you for help lol

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I just re-did the extraction but there are only 3 files in there

joshw0000
12-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Awesome thread. I never understood what ninjamorph did. I've used metamorph, but never ninja. Thanks, I'll try this out.

gravybird
12-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Is it normal for my gallery to have a bunch of extra files in it? All of the drawable files and such are in my gallery.

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I have it too...
Is it normal for my gallery to have a bunch of extra files in it? All of the drawable files and such are in my gallery.

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 09:00 PM
I just re-did the extraction but there are only 3 files in there

Sorry for the delay. What folders are there extracted?

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 09:02 PM

Yes, because you downloaded these files and they're image files so the gallery pulls them.

t.crawford714
12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Sorry for the delay. What folders are there extracted?

I should say there are only 3 images

joshw0000
12-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I successfully pulled some images from watermarks and everything worked fine. I then changed the color (by long pressing and selecting edit) on all of the sym_keyboard files. I assume that's the keyboard. I also changed the colors of some of the zz_moto files (in the drawable folder). These look like the lockscreen icons. After the load/reboot, my dialer and lockscreen look the same as before I themed them. Any suggestions? Maybe those images are for something else.

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I should say there are only 3 images

Ok, you didn't extract correctly. Did you long press on the zip file and click extract

Droid-Xer
12-12-2010, 11:18 PM
I successfully pulled some images from watermarks and everything worked fine. I then changed the color (by long pressing and selecting edit) on all of the sym_keyboard files. I assume that's the keyboard. I also changed the colors of some of the zz_moto files (in the drawable folder). These look like the lockscreen icons. After the load/reboot, my dialer and lockscreen look the same as before I themed them. Any suggestions? Maybe those images are for something else.

Did you save the image after you changed the color by pressing menu, save. Not sure what else it could be. When I change color its not a problem. Let me know.

joshw0000
12-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Did you save the image after you changed the color by pressing menu, save. Not sure what else it could be. When I change color its not a problem. Let me know.

Yup and I've "finished" the project twice. Still no go. The last time I "finished" it my phone didn't automatically reboot...weird.

joshw0000
12-13-2010, 07:19 AM
I pulled.the framework-res.apk from my current rom and checked it. All of the changes are there, so maybe I just didn't theme the right images. I'll play with it more later.

Droid-Xer
12-13-2010, 07:44 AM
I pulled.the framework-res.apk from my current rom and checked it. All of the changes are there, so maybe I just didn't theme the right images. I'll play with it more later.

All the images for the status bar icons start at stat_ecb_mode.png

joshw0000
12-13-2010, 10:34 PM
All the images for the status bar icons start at stat_ecb_mode.png

Thanks, I changed most of these today. I still haven't found the images for the dialer or the lockscreen. Anybody else find them?

gravybird
12-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks, I changed most of these today. I still haven't found the images for the dialer or the lockscreen. Anybody else find them?

The lock screen ones are way down in the very bottom of the list. I think they are .zz

I am mistaken! That's where they are in one of the other themes I have in there. Not sure where they are in watermarkd.

Droid-Xer
12-14-2010, 07:18 AM

I don't believe the dialer is in the drawable hdpi, me and another person are looking for those. Nit all themes will have the sliders, but yes they are the zz .pngs

joshw0000
12-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Ok guys, I got my slider themed, though I don't have the capability to slide right to mute anymore. I never use that since I use ringtone scheduler and it resets my mode any time I change it. Thanks and looking forward to finding the dialer files.

Droid-Xer
12-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Ok guys, I got my slider themed, though I don't have the capability to slide right to mute anymore. I never use that since I use ringtone scheduler and it resets my mode any time I change it. Thanks and looking forward to finding the dialer files.

Sweet.

C Dippa
12-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Alright, so I finally got around to really delving deep into Ninjamorph, such a cool app...thanks for the guide Droid-Xer!!!

I had some time last night and wanted to try the new Apex. Quick sbf back to 2.2, updated OTA, loaded it up. First off, just gotta say that Apex is freakin' awesome!!! Really, really nice and clean, awesome scripts...but all of the gingerbread green didn't go well at all with the rest of my setup.

So, I found a red status bar mod elsewhere, loaded it, and it changed most of the green to red, but I still wanted to tweak it. Used your guide to pull a bunch of icons and sliders from the ProDX Red theme, and I now I've got Apex themed up red and black!

Haven't seen any screenshots in this thread yet...here's mine:

Thanks again for the guide bro...

Droid-Xer
12-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Alright, so I finally got around to really delving deep into Ninjamorph, such a cool app...thanks for the guide Droid-Xer!!!

I had some time last night and wanted to try the new Apex. Quick sbf back to 2.2, updated OTA, loaded it up. First off, just gotta say that Apex is freakin' awesome!!! Really, really nice and clean, awesome scripts...but all of the gingerbread green didn't go well at all with the rest of my setup.

So, I found a red status bar mod elsewhere, loaded it, and it changed most of the green to red, but I still wanted to tweak it. Used your guide to pull a bunch of icons and sliders from the ProDX Red theme, and I now I've got Apex themed up red and black!

Haven't seen any screenshots in this thread yet...here's mine:

Thanks again for the guide bro...

Suhweeet! Nice lock screen bro. Glad to help. You can also mod the pull down screen and the color you see when you select things. Looking good bro.

joshw0000
12-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Droid-Xer,

Any chance we could get you to put together a quick list of which files control what? I changed a bunch of images based off of their file names and image previews but they didn't always change what I intended. Just a thought. No biggie if you don't want to.

Droid-Xer
12-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah I'll throw a few tips here in this post.

GO TO POST #3 FOR TIPS....PM ME WITH MORE TIPS SO I CAN ADD TO IT....

joshw0000
12-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah I'll throw a few tips here in this post.

GO TO POST #3 FOR TIPS....PM ME WITH MORE TIPS SO I CAN ADD TO IT....

Thanks!

DThomp
12-16-2010, 11:34 PM
The phone keys are in one or two places depending on what dialer app your rom has. Example, Fission 2.2.2 the in call dialpad in system/app/dialer and another in system/app/contacts, which is the one that you see when you hit the widget on the homescreen. Now on Darkslide that I just did, even though I am using the blurless it still uses blur phone, contacts, camera. So for that it is system/apps/blurphone, and only one set of images.
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/groupshooter22/th_CAP201012160103.jpg (http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/groupshooter22/?action=view&current=CAP201012160103.jpg)
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/groupshooter22/th_CAP201012160102.jpg (http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/groupshooter22/?action=view&current=CAP201012160102.jpg)
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/groupshooter22/th_CAP201012160104.jpg (http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/groupshooter22/?action=view&current=CAP201012160104.jpg)
I dont know what I did to get the system font on the phone but it does change with the fonts, also the keyboard I took from UltimateDroid RC2. Earlier today I made the notification header, and notifications almost transparent.
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/groupshooter22/th_CAP2010121700261.jpg (http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/groupshooter22/?action=view&current=CAP2010121700261.jpg)

Here is the link to the ststus_bar_background
Custom Transparent Pulldowns for MetaMorph - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=835271)
NOTE: The metamorph did not work on my X, so I just pulled the image and ninja'd it.

Droid-Xer
12-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Sweet bro thanks for the info!!

DThomp
12-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Hey Xer, I have a question. I'm trying to get rid of the nasty yellow progress status. I have changed all yellow images to red and its still there, laughing at me. I'm thinking it must be somewhere other than drawable_hdpi, but I can't find it. Any ideas?

DThomp
12-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Here is what I have been able to pull of in the last couple of days. Sure wish I could figure out how to do more than 1 image at a time.http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefcea31-4705-ea1e.jpghttp://184.72.239.143/mu/aefcea31-472a-5128.jpg

Droid-Xer
12-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Hey Xer, I have a question. I'm trying to get rid of the nasty yellow progress status. I have changed all yellow images to red and its still there, laughing at me. I'm thinking it must be somewhere other than drawable_hdpi, but I can't find it. Any ideas?

Yes it is, its the progress bar indeterminate 1,2, and 3. I've changed it before.

DThomp
12-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Well, I tried changing progressbar_indeterminte but that is the one that looks like a barbershop pole, not the color of say download progress. Probably in a xml in drawable somewhere.

Droid-Xer
12-19-2010, 06:15 PM
You mean download progress in market?

wicked
12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
awesome thread bro, going to use this method to mod my stuff one of these days and you will be helping me! lol

DThomp
12-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Eh, download progress anywhere. Market,web,forums.

DThomp
12-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Here is what I'm talking about, although it's a setting slider in an app and not a progress bar. They are the same but the progress bar does not have the adjustment slider there and as more of your download is done the yellow goes to the right. Stock is red along with DarkSlide that I was running, but the blur stuff doesn't like to theme with NinjaMorph that well. http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefcf120-c494-3138.jpg

Droid-Xer
12-19-2010, 09:03 PM
@dthomp..oh ok, ya thats probably an xml file, I've never looked for that.

@wicked..let me know bro!!

C Dippa
12-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Well, now I'm officially addicted to ninjamorph...thanks a lot Xer!!

Just got done modding the dialer...

Droid-Xer
12-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Sweet C!! I know right its an awesome app. Did you change the color of the numbers in thebattery icon??

gravybird
12-21-2010, 07:03 PM
do we dare call that 800 number in your screen shot????? hahaha, looks awesome!!

X-er, do you know if I could mod my dialer to one that will rotate sideways? the dialer in rubix won't do it, and my phone is in the dock all day long. not a huge deal, but it would be nice though..

wicked
12-21-2010, 07:06 PM
damn that looks sick C! , are you running a theme or did you mod the stock ApeX/GB theme?

C Dippa
12-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Sweet C!! I know right its an awesome app. Did you change the color of the numbers in thebattery icon??

Thanks guys...yeah, I "borrowed" the revolution battery meter icons and added the red myself.

I've got Adobe Fireworks on the PC, so if you guys need a color change or something, let me know...

Sent from my DROIDX

C Dippa
12-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Wicked...have just been modding Apex since I love the black already included...

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid-Xer
12-21-2010, 07:12 PM
do we dare call that 800 number in your screen shot????? hahaha, looks awesome!!

X-er, do you know if I could mod my dialer to one that will rotate sideways? the dialer in rubix won't do it, and my phone is in the dock all day long. not a huge deal, but it would be nice though..

That would be beyond my abilities. Gummy rom has the option to rotate the dialer screen. Pretty sweet. Can't dial, but can use the tabs. Ill post a pic when I get home.

C Dippa
12-21-2010, 07:25 PM

Hey Gravybird, not trying to recruit you away from Rubix, but if the ROM uses blurphone.apk (such as Apex) and you mod it, it will also work in landscape mode...just tested in the car dock and I can confirm that it works.

And you can call the 800 number if you want...pay my mortgage for me while you're at it. :p

gravybird
12-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Hey Gravybird, not trying to recruit you away from Rubix, but if the ROM uses blurphone.apk (such as Apex) and you mod it, it will also work in landscape mode...just tested in the car dock and I can confirm that it works.

And you can call the 800 number if you want...pay my mortgage for me while you're at it. :p

Sweet! I want to try some other roms, but I'm still 2.3.15
I have my stock 2.2 backup, but am a little nervous to flash back and get the OTA. All I have is mac's, and won't be able to sbf if I mess it all up, which is highly probable:-) I'm gonna see some family next week that all have windows, so I'll prob try that then. Sorry, but I can't help on the mortgage, one is plenty for me:-)

Swyped while swirving

Droid-Xer
12-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Sweet! I want to try some other roms, but I'm still 2.3.15
I have my stock 2.2 backup, but am a little nervous to flash back and get the OTA. All I have is mac's, and won't be able to sbf if I mess it all up, which is highly probable:-) I'm gonna see some family next week that all have windows, so I'll prob try that then. Sorry, but I can't help on the mortgage, one is plenty for me:-)

Swyped while swirving

Hey man hit me up if you need help updating.

gravybird
12-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey man hit me up if you need help updating.

Will do X-er. Look for me next tuesday frantically needing help because I broke something:-)

Swyped while swirving

Droid-Xer
12-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Will do X-er. Look for me next tuesday frantically needing help because I broke something:-)

Swyped while swirving

Hahaha, nice man. You know where to find me.

vulcaninvt
12-22-2010, 08:00 PM
I put my first few Icons on my toolbar and so far so good, there are a few things that I have questions about. Trying to figure out what I may have done wrong.

When I rebooted my wallpaper was changed, no big deal as I was able to change it. I also have all the Icons from the theme in my gallery folder. Any ideas how they got there and if I can remove them with no negative effects.

Droid-Xer
12-22-2010, 08:07 PM
I put my first few Icons on my toolbar and so far so good, there are a few things that I have questions about. Trying to figure out what I may have done wrong.

When I rebooted my wallpaper was changed, no big deal as I was able to change it. I also have all the Icons from the theme in my gallery folder. Any ideas how they got there and if I can remove them with no negative effects.

The wallpaper image in the res folder is different. You can go through it using ninjamorph and set another default wallpaper. The pngs are image files so the phone reads them as so and pulls them. I just leave them. Not sure how to move them.

wicked
12-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Droid-Xer thanks for the help! This could get addicting...:)

vulcaninvt
12-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Not sure how to move them.

Do you know of a way I can delete them out of the folder, other than going one by one?

Last question for a bit, If I want to go back to the stock icons, do you know how I can do that?

Thanks!

Droid-Xer
12-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Should've made a backup bro. You can always go back and replace the pngs with stock ones. Always backup whenever you make system changes. This is a fun app, but its also very powerful.

DThomp
12-22-2010, 10:53 PM
If your want to revert back to completely stock and I mean everything, then flash your rom without wiping anything and all your changes will be gone.

joshw0000
12-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Ok guys, I found some time to play with this tonight. Since I've REALLY wanted to theme the dialer thats what I worked on. I changed the colors of all of the dial_num images in the /res/drawable-hdpi-finger folder of both phone.apk and blurphone.apk. I took a look through contacts.apk but found nothing that looked like the dialer. I was able to get my color change to stick on the dialer, recent, contacts, and favorite boxes. This was when I changed phone.apk. The numbers didn't change (even though I themed each one and saved after each modification). After realizing my phone had a blurphone.apk I made the same changes to it and applied them. Still my number buttons have not changed. Have I themed the wrong images, in the wrong folder, or in the wrong apk? I cannot find images in any other file that match the ones displayed on my dialer. Any feedback is appreciated. Here's my dialer partially themed.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefcb303-d715-170a.jpg

Droid-Xer
12-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Ok guys, I found some time to play with this tonight. Since I've REALLY wanted to theme the dialer thats what I worked on. I changed the colors of all of the dial_num images in the /res/drawable-hdpi-finger folder of both phone.apk and blurphone.apk. I took a look through contacts.apk but found nothing that looked like the dialer. I was able to get my color change to stick on the dialer, recent, contacts, and favorite boxes. This was when I changed phone.apk. The numbers didn't change (even though I themed each one and saved after each modification). After realizing my phone had a blurphone.apk I made the same changes to it and applied them. Still my number buttons have not changed. Have I themed the wrong images, in the wrong folder, or in the wrong apk? I cannot find images in any other file that match the ones displayed on my dialer. Any feedback is appreciated. Here's my dialer partially themed.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefcb303-d715-170a.jpg

Did you follow dthomp's tips to modding the dialer in the previous page? He posted some good stuff on where to find the dialers

joshw0000
12-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Did you follow dthomp's tips to modding the dialer ino the previous page? He posted some good stuff on where to find the dialers

Yes, his post is how I knew which apps to look for the dialer in but I didn't see any specifics on where to find the images or the file names. I'm pretty sure I themed the right images but I'm beginning to believe that the dialer buttons will be the same color as the phone's font (since the dialer font changes when you flash a new font). But then again his buttons where red, so maybe I should just call it a night and hope he can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Dthomp - how did you get red keys in your phone dialer?

C Dippa
12-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Yeah...good call, need Dthomps expertise on that one. I can tell you how to change the dialer buttons if you want...but haven't done anything with the numbers/letters yet.

Please do post back with your results...looks good so far

Sent from my DROIDX

DThomp
12-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Hey guys. Sometimes I have troubles having images stick. I have found that the best way to pull the images is to not unzip the file they are In, but browse to frameworkres and copy that, then browse that and copy the fw drawable or finger, or whatever. Since I started doing that I have had no problems getting images to take. If you still have problems with the image not sticking try a different source of images or start a new project. When NM asks to overwrite your backup just tap yes, also you can try to uninstall and reinstall NM. But if I get to that point then its time for a break before the phone goes through a wall. The letting it set seems to help too, so if your having trouble just put away for the day and try again the next. On 2 seperate occasions nothing I did worked and I came back to it the next day and all was fine.
For the red phone I went to droidpirate and snagged his morph for the red and blue phone. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL THIS THE IT SAYS TO ON THE SITE. IF YOU DO YOUR PHONE WILL BE BROKEN. I copied out the drawable_hdpi, the drawable_hdpi_finger, and used the images from those to make the dialer red. Let me know if you have anymore question's.
Now if you want to have some real fun, try to change a background or icon or anything on Linear for gummyjar. Ill tell ya what you are left with and a phone is not it. Tried 3 times to change that phone and 3 times I had to reflash the rom, update, and theme all over again.

vulcaninvt
12-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Should've made a backup bro. You can always go back and replace the pngs with stock ones. Always backup whenever you make system changes. This is a fun app, but its also very powerful. And now you tell me to back up :) J/K I have a back up from before I rooted so if I need to back up to then I can, but this is a good lesson to backup whenever doing ANY changes! I was hoping there would be a way to get rid of all the images in the picture folder, Oh well. I will play around and see what I can.

Any advice of how I can go about getting the notification bar BLACK and whate png file is the one for the clock?

Thanks!

joshw0000
12-23-2010, 08:19 AM
And now you tell me to back up :) J/K I have a back up
from before I rooted so if I need to back up to then I can, but this is a good lesson to backup whenever doing ANY changes! I was hoping there would be a way to get rid of all the images in the picture folder, Oh well. I will play around and see what I can.

Any advice of how I can go about getting the notification bar BLACK and whate png file is the one for the clock?

Thanks!

On you sd card, there should be a folder called AndroidThemes. Inside that folder you have .nomedia, backup, and workspace. .nomedia is what keeps your gallery from viewing the files in AndroidThemes. Copy this file to the root of any folder you don't want your gallery to see. NOTE your gallery builds cache so you'll need to manually wipe it and most likely your gallery still wont reset automatically. It was a PAIN for me to get the pics out of my gallery but you'll notice it doesn't build new pics from these "restricted" folders. The backup folder contains the backups for everything you've changed. You can manually re-insert them back in your phone or use the images to re-theme something you may have messed up with NM. The workspace folder contains the themes your working on. This allows you to change multiple images at a time with a file manager instead of one at a time with NM.

Now to my question.....I've still had no luck with the modified images I made of the dialer. Maybe the sizing got screwed up when I changed them. Anyhow, anybody know of a good theme with green and black dialer buttons? I'm going to steal those images and see if I can get NM to take it this way.

Droid-Xer
12-23-2010, 09:56 AM
On you sd card, there should be a folder called AndroidThemes. Inside that folder you have .nomedia, backup, and workspace. .nomedia is what keeps your gallery from viewing the files in AndroidThemes. Copy this file to the root of any folder you don't want your gallery to see. NOTE your gallery builds cache so you'll need to manually wipe it and most likely your gallery still wont reset automatically. It was a PAIN for me to get the pics out of my gallery but you'll notice it doesn't build new pics from these "restricted" folders. The backup folder contains the backups for everything you've changed. You can manually re-insert them back in your phone or use the images to re-theme something you may have messed up with NM. The workspace folder contains the themes your working on. This allows you to change multiple images at a time with a file manager instead of one at a time with NM.

Now to my question.....I've still had no luck with the modified images I made of the dialer. Maybe the sizing got screwed up when I changed them. Anyhow, anybody know of a good theme with green and black dialer buttons? I'm going to steal those images and see if I can get NM to take it this way.

Here's a sweet green theme to swipe from.
http://www.google.com/m/url?ei=33ATTbDYB5CorAP3iJOAAQ&hl=en-US&q=http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/70101-theme-silents-super-slick-green-theme.html&source=android-browser&ved=0CBsQFjAD&usg=AFQjCNFM3tCDHHSoyM3tvKYSfS9kY0q8cw

joshw0000
12-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Awesome green keys, thanx bro! I'll try these out tonight.

Droid-Xer
12-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Awesome green keys, thanx bro! I'll try these out tonight.

No prob. It does look pretty sweet...

hollywood
12-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Thank you, my friend! :)

Droid-Xer
12-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Not sure if that's for me hollywood, but I'll take it!! Your welcome!

hollywood
12-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Not sure if that's for me hollywood, but I'll take it!! Your welcome!

It is. :)

I didn't see the post when it was put up a few weeks ago. But I have tried using Metamorph, but it sometimes gives me issues, and I am limited to what is put out there. This lets me customize a lot better. :)

Now, I might actually get to do some nandroids and get to better customizing!!!! :D

Droid-Xer
12-23-2010, 03:45 PM
It is. :)

I didn't see the post when it was put up a few weeks ago. But I have tried using Metamorph, but it sometimes gives me issues, and I am limited to what is put out there. This lets me customize a lot better. :)

Now, I might actually get to do some nandroids and get to better customizing!!!! :D

Dude, it gets addicting!! I've weened myself off of ninjamorph by helping out on the forum more. More time answering questions, less time themeing my phone!! Dthomp and Cdippa are the resident pros, so im sure you can add some insight here as well.

Droid-Xer
12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
@gravybird..here's the pick of the side view dialer on gummyJAR. You can hit the black rectangle in the middle to bring up dialer. This would be perfect for a car dock.

gravybird
12-23-2010, 11:58 PM
@gravybird..here's the pick of the side view dialer on gummyJAR. You can hit the black rectangle in the middle to bring up dialer. This would be perfect for a car dock.

Sweet! I will try that out next week after I get the update. Hopefully that will go smooth for me. Thanks for sharing the screen!

Swyped while swerving

Droid-Xer
12-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Sweet! I will try that out next week after I get the update. Hopefully that will go smooth for me. Thanks for sharing the screen!

Swyped while swerving

Ya man, let me know if you need help.

XMeoff
12-26-2010, 04:08 AM
Noob question. Been trying to read up on Custom Roms and changing the notification bar to black as well as the icons.

Is a back up using bookstrap the same as a full nandroid back up? Want to make sure I have a full back up before changing anything.

I've rooted, backed up using bookstrap and frozen a few apps with Ti.

wicked
12-26-2010, 04:12 AM
Noob question. Been trying to read up on Custom Roms and changing the notification bar to black as well as the icons.

Is a back up using bookstrap the same as a full nandroid back up? Want to make sure I have a full back up before changing anything.

I've rooted, backed up using bookstrap and frozen a few apps with Ti.

A backup made through bootstrap recovery is indeed a full nandroid backup.

Droid-Xer
12-26-2010, 04:29 AM
Yup always, always, always, make a backup before changing any system file. Ninjamorph is fun to use but youre also changing framework files. So as long as you have a backup you can always restore it if you dont like a change you made or if you experience any problems.

XMeoff
12-27-2010, 02:00 AM
So does it matter if I upload a ROM first or change notification bar & icons?

I'm still a little unclear on the ROMs but I'll get there.

wicked
12-27-2010, 02:02 AM
So does it matter if I upload a ROM first or change notification bar & icons?

I'm still a little unclear on the ROMs but I'll get there.

You need to flash the ROM first then you can mod your notifications bar afterwards.
If you change the notification bar first, it will get overwritten by the ROM you flash

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Also if you change ROMs after using ninjamorph, you can restore your framework using TiBackup to restore app+data if the framework isn't there after the market updates the app.

frontier02
12-27-2010, 07:03 PM
I switched out the battery icons and when it got down to 70% the battery icon changed to two arrows pointing away from each other. What did I do wrong?

Running GB Rubix 1.9.5 and tried to replace batt with icons from black juice green theme.

wicked
12-27-2010, 07:13 PM
you replaced one or some of the images with the wrong png I believe...

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Ya go back to existing project and u can see whatsoever there and fix it.

frontier02
12-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Have to start over. After that happened I copied the old frameworks over that one and got stuck in bootloop.

After restoring, I just deleted the file. Had to redownload all apps and redo all account info. Last restore point was right before this.

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 07:24 PM
U don't ever haveto delete anything. Just go into existing project in ninjamorph and make the correct changes. Ninjamorph has never put me in a boot loop.

frontier02
12-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I will have to start all over.

One question do I have to replace the stat_system_bat.xml and the other bat.xml?

Phildo
12-27-2010, 07:30 PM
i have tried to change the sliders about 6 times now, and it never sticks. i unzipped the darkberry theme zip on my mac, and copied the drawable-hdpi folder into a folder on my sd card titled "My Theme." i can't see the location of the new files being an issue, another note, my phone doesn't reboot automatically, i have to reboot it. everything goes right according to the instructions in the OP, so what am i doing wrong? lol

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 07:37 PM
i have tried to change the sliders about 6 times now, and it never sticks. i unzipped the darkberry theme zip on my mac, and copied the drawable-hdpi folder into a folder on my sd card titled "My Theme." i can't see the location of the new files being an issue, another note, my phone doesn't reboot automatically, i have to reboot it. everything goes right according to the instructions in the OP, so what am i doing wrong? lol

You have to use a stock folder not one you creates. Thats why I say to put there's folder in android themes(created by ninja/metamorph) or download folder (stock folder). Then switch out the pngs.

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I will have to start all over.

One question do I have to replace the stat_system_bat.xml and the other bat.xml?

Noneed to swap xml,all you need for battery are the pngs. There should be like 6-8 pngs for battery and about 5 pngs for charging.

Phildo
12-27-2010, 07:52 PM
You have to use a stock folder not one you creates. Thats why I say to put there's folder in android themes(created by ninja/metamorph) or download folder (stock folder). Then switch out the pngs.

well that's dumb that the folder location actually matters...lol...

so, in NM, it shows the lock slider has changed, but on my lock screen, it didn't....

Phildo
12-27-2010, 07:59 PM
ok, i FINALLY got the unlock icon within the slider to finally change...lol

Phildo
12-27-2010, 08:06 PM
well, i got the slider and icon to change, but it's not how it should be...the slider should be dark grey with a blue highlight around the edges, i have that changed in the "zz" files, but that did not change the slider, i had to change something in the "ic" section and one in the "jog" section in order to change the slider...

any idea?

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 08:06 PM
It is dumb with the folder but for some reason it doesnt take and sometimes causes FCs. Glad you got it.

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 08:09 PM
well, i got the slider and icon to change, but it's not how it should be...the slider should be dark grey with a blue highlight around the edges, i have that changed in the "zz" files, but that did not change the slider, i had to change something in the "ic" section and one in the "jog" section in order to change the slider...

any idea?

Hmm. Not sure, I've used 928droids black glass sliders and I just swapped out the zz slide to right pngs. And the silent/vibrate/ringer slide pngs. I believe dthomp gave a more in depth look at changing lock sliders a few pages back. Check that out as i havent had a problem with that.

Phildo
12-27-2010, 08:28 PM
yeah, changing just the zz slider files isn't working for me at all. in fact, i only see the png for "begin," there is nothing for the length of the slider there. i did just successfully change the preferences icon.

maybe i'll just do mine the old fashioned way, copy files over on the computer, and flash a new framework-res.apk via adb...lol

C Dippa
12-27-2010, 08:39 PM
I have modded a few different sliders...it is all zz pngs. Just make sure you have the exact same respective png before you change, and you will probably have to change out most all of the zz's.

Here is revolution (modded red), if you don't believe me.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/63876df7-4d8a-794c.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX

wicked
12-27-2010, 08:40 PM
freakin sweet Dippa!

Phildo
12-27-2010, 08:42 PM
those are the exact sliders i tried, but in blue...wtf?!

drummer.graham
12-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I am in trouble now! Just used ninjamorph for the first time. Have a new notofication pull down picture. That was way to easy and way to fun. Thanks droid-xer and all the others for this great info. I started rooting just to freeze bloatware, now I am personalizing this phone like crazy as well as enjoying the benefits of the great roms out there. Thanks for all your time!

Phildo
12-27-2010, 08:52 PM
ok, i think i know why my blue-glow sliders won't show, cuz the sliders i have now don't even have vibrate as an option, so somewhere there must be an option for either sound on/off slider, or vibrate/silent slider...maybe?

C Dippa
12-27-2010, 08:55 PM
@wicked, thanks bro

what ROM are you on, Phildo?

Sent from my DROIDX

Phildo
12-27-2010, 08:57 PM
i'm on rubiX 1.9.5

C Dippa
12-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Haven't done Rubix, but I'll download on the PC and take a look...

Phildo
12-27-2010, 09:06 PM
thanks man. i'll check back tomorrow...time for bed, early to work! lol

C Dippa
12-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Rubix has the exact same sliders as Apex, as far as I can tell...

Start with zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_left_begin.9.png and replace every one through zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_vibrate_right_begin.9.png, and it should work.

Edit: Make sure to make a backup when modding sliders, because if you mess up bad enough, you can't get into your phone!!

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks C for showing everyone that it IS possible to change the sliders!

C Dippa
12-27-2010, 11:20 PM
No prob...love this stuff. Ninja is trial and error, for sure. Sometimes it works right off the bat, and sometimes you just gotta keep trying or try something else.

Great thread...hope we get more folks going. More creative minds = more great ideas

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 11:42 PM
I am in trouble now! Just used ninjamorph for the first time. Have a new notofication pull down picture. That was way to easy and way to fun. Thanks droid-xer and all the others for this great info. I started rooting just to freeze bloatware, now I am personalizing this phone like crazy as well as enjoying the benefits of the great roms out there. Thanks for all your time!

Its very addicting. I will start a ninjamorph rehabilitation thread soon for all those afflicted without the addiction.

C Dippa
12-27-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm actually looking to patent ninjadone (tm)...designed to slowly ween ninja addicts off, with limited withdrawals...lol

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid-Xer
12-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Hahahaha! Nice. Im merely the enabler to this awesome app so I take no responsibility for future symptoms of withdrawals.

Phildo
12-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Rubix has the exact same sliders as Apex, as far as I can tell...

Start with zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_left_begin.9.png and replace every one through zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_vibrate_right_begin.9.png, and it should work.

Edit: Make sure to make a backup when modding sliders, because if you mess up bad enough, you can't get into your phone!!

I will give this another shot after work, when I will be near my mac which has an untouched copy of the framework...just in case lol

shanehillsr
12-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Ok, I have done all the extracting on the darkberry theme. now I am trying to put res into the download folder and it gives a warning: the directory res already exists. do you want to merge the files into this directory? merge or cancel?

would renaming res before moving it help?

I renamed the res from the darkberry theme after all the extracting to "res D" and it moved just fine into the downloads section

Here is a pretty easy way to transfer themed apps from another theme to the one you want it on all that is needed is "Root Explorer"app. What I figured out was you can extract the themed .apk, copy the themed .apk go into main page(/) of Root Explorer app go into system then app. once there ensurer you are mounted as R/W at the top. paste the themed .apk find it long press go to permissions and check only the following:

User-read, write
group-read
others-read

Reboot and you should be good to go.

Edit: make sure the app you are trying to port is uninstalled first.

Droid-Xer
12-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Yup, that's the best way to do it. You can do it in ninjamorph but its easier through root explorer.

Phildo
12-28-2010, 07:07 PM
ok, so i'm STILL failing at changing these damn sliders...lol

here's a few screen caps to show what i'm working with...

this is the framework-res.apk that is in use on the phone...

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/xphildox/Droid%20X/snap20101228_195936.png

you can see i have the blue glowing sliders...

and my lock screen after NM changes and a reboot....

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/xphildox/Droid%20X/CAP2010122819501.jpg

i just don't get it. i can change other icons and stuff, so i know the folder location is good, what the hell am i doing wrong yet...lol

C Dippa
12-28-2010, 07:19 PM
You're changing the right images, but here's a quote from D Thomp regarding the images taking. Main point being, if it doesn't take the first time, keep trying...

Hey guys. Sometimes I have troubles having images stick. I have found that the best way to pull the images is to not unzip the file they are In, but browse to frameworkres and copy that, then browse that and copy the fw drawable or finger, or whatever. Since I started doing that I have had no problems getting images to take. If you still have problems with the image not sticking try a different source of images or start a new project. When NM asks to overwrite your backup just tap yes, also you can try to uninstall and reinstall NM. But if I get to that point then its time for a break before the phone goes through a wall. The letting it set seems to help too, so if your having trouble just put away for the day and try again the next. On 2 seperate occasions nothing I did worked and I came back to it the next day and all was fine.

Droid-Xer
12-28-2010, 07:31 PM
That's what I meant by the sliders being finicky to work with. Its a pain in the butt. If you can't get it just try again later. Mod something else or it will drive you nuts.

Phildo
12-28-2010, 07:44 PM
yeah, but here's what i'm saying, i changed the "ic_jog_dial_unlock.png" and now my main lock screen looks like this...

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/xphildox/Droid%20X/CAP201012282042.jpg

Phildo
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM
i know it has been confirmed the same files exist, but is there maybe some way that different sliders can be called somewhere within the framework? i know under the drawable folder there is yet another set of sliders that aren't used anywhere (they aren't even themed in the darkberry framework either)

unseenme
12-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Just a little tip...if you're having trouble getting .png's to stick try this: start a new project in NM, choose the framework.res folder (or whichever one you're working with) and let it extract it. Then back out of NM. Open Root Explorer, click Mount R/W, go into /sdcard/Android Themes/workspace. You will see the framework.res folder that NM just extracted. Now you can change as many of the .png's as you want. When you're done, close out Root Explorer. Go back to NM, click on Finish Project. It will show the framework.res folder. Click it & follow the instructions to let it replace & clean up the project. Your phone should reboot and the .png's should be changed.

I had the problem of the .png's not sticking & I read this little tip somewhere. It works perfectly everytime.

Swyped from the BIGGEST BADDEST machine on the planet

mxgregg
12-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Tips:
1. All notification bar icons start at stat_sys_(icon name)
2. For lock slider they start at the bottom zz_(slider name)
NOTE: Not all themes will have zz because not all themes have themed sliders.
3. To change when you checkmark something, it starts at btn_check_buttonless_off
4. Drop down bar starts at statusbar_ or status_bar
NOTE: In some themes with a picture in status bar screen, you can change the picture.

PM me if you have other tips to add. This is just a starter.

Robert, you are a great guy and have helped so many of us and I just wanted to say thanks!
Gregg

Droid-Xer
12-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the tip unseenme! Thats a bit more advanced for some just because most new users arent familiar with root explorer. But that should help some more advanced people lurking on this thread.

Thanks for the kudos mxgregg. I truly believe this is one of the best apps on the market. While people wait for themes to pop up, the users on this thread create their own. I am by no means an expert on ninjamorph, but several people here are and help out alot. I brought the basics and everyone else just ran with it. Let's keep this thread going guys and let our creative sides show. Please post more pics of your home screen set ups as well.

Gerane
12-29-2010, 09:09 AM
What are some good blue/cyan themes that have sliders. All the ones I've tried are missing the zz files even though the screenshots have themed sliders.

Also, does any one know how to change the text color. For example the submit, insert and discard buttons in droid x forum/swype are light grey, but mt text is white. Making it very hard to read.

Droid-Xer
12-29-2010, 09:13 AM
For cyan, check out some cyanogenmod ROMs. They should have themed sliders. Pull the files the same way as you would a theme.

Gerane
12-29-2010, 09:35 AM
I've tried kangerade and a cyanogen remix jrummy did. Both had the slider I wanted in screenshots, but when i delve onto them, the zz files aren't there.

Gets a bit frustrating lol.

Also, the background used in themes, where is that located? I want the black and cyan droid onefound in several themes like kangerade, but I can't find where they are located inside the rom. The one on framework res folder is not the same on screens

Gerane
12-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Tried chevy no1 ss as well

Droid-Xer
12-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Have you looked in all the drawable folders? There's several different slider areas to change.

Gerane
12-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I've changed most all of them. I'm gong back through now and double checking everything. But I'm worried it won't change anything due to the zz files not being there.

Droid-Xer
12-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Well like we've said before in this thread just give it a few tries to take and try motto get too frustrated with it. If it was too easy, it wouldn't be as much fun :)

joshw0000
12-29-2010, 11:38 AM
I've changed most all of them. I'm gong back through now and double checking everything. But I'm worried it won't change anything due to the zz files not being there.

I've reached the conclusion that some things in some roms just wont theme with NM. I tried for weeks to theme the dialer in Tranquility. I changed every image in every file for every app that could possibly contain the image files and "finished" each project several times with NM. After many reboots and re-applications, the images are still changed in the apps in my /system/app folder (I've confirmed by copying and extracting the apps with root explorer) but still the numbers in my dialers are still stock. NM is a very powerful and useful app, but sometimes you have to let it go. I nearly pulled my hair out before giving up. Maybe someone can install Tranquility and prove me wrong, but as it stands I say that "the numbers in the dialer in Tranquility CAN'T be themed with NM."

Droid-Xer
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
You can always use root explorer to swap out frameworks if you can't get it. Ensure you have backups though.

Gerane
12-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Ok, got my slider fixed. Now, the part I'm most scared about. Fixing my text color in my buttons.

Droid-Xer
12-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Ok, got my slider fixed. Now, the part I'm most scared about. Fixing my text color in my buttons.

Backup backup backup. Let us know how it goes.

Gerane
12-29-2010, 12:25 PM
In assuming with the text I replace the text xml files?

Still catching on, just started using nm yesterday

Gerane
12-29-2010, 12:25 PM

Droid-Xer
12-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Not sure as I have not touched text color.

Gerane
12-29-2010, 12:35 PM
K, well, tested one, so far haven't noticed a change. Round 2 time

Gerane
12-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Second try don't notice a change

Gerane
12-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Hmm, I guess that is not the correct way to change the text color. Just to see I replaced all text files with the ones from the theme I'm replicating, and my text is all the same

Droid-Xer
12-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Did you pull system app, extract and go to app.

armyjeffries
12-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know how to replace the sliders with invisible ones? DarkSlide had it as a patch. They were fully finctional, just invisible. Kind of like them, however, I can't seem to get them. I got the "clear_sliders.zip" and extracted the framework and etc and got into the zz sliders, and replaced them (the little icons from slider clear sliders zip showed nothing.) Finished project and rebooted, and still colorful sliders? Anyone know what all needs to be changed? Or can give tips on how to make them work?

hollywood
12-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Can you change app icons using Ninjamorph? If so, how do I do it? (And is it hard/long?*)

*That's what she said. :p

Droid-Xer
12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Lol... I believe you can. You can go to data/app for user apps and system/app for stock apps. I believe the only problem is if updates come out for say facebook and you modified it, you have to change it back and then update. Should be easy to do if you're familiar with root explorer.

noXcuse
12-30-2010, 06:36 PM
I played with NinjaMorph today, and did a few changes. Can I delete all of the 2,633 icons that it dumped in my gallery? Or do I have to leave the ones that I used, and get rid of the rest?

Droid-Xer
12-30-2010, 06:39 PM
I played with NinjaMorph today, and did a few changes. Can I delete all of the 2,633 icons that it dumped in my gallery? Or do I have to leave the ones that I used, and get rid of the rest?

I believe you can dump them as they are stored in your current framework. Or you can rename the file .nomedia I believe and the gallery wont pick it up.

hollywood
12-30-2010, 06:52 PM
I believe you can dump them as they are stored in your current framework. Or you can rename the file .nomedia I believe and the gallery wont pick it up.

Actually, just adding a period before the folder name will hide it. For example:

.Hide me
.nomedia
.watchutalkinboutwillis
.this is not hidden
.quitefranklysusanidontgiveadamn
.theworldismine
.xxxtra Special Pics
.do not look in here
.I think you get the point

;)

Droid-Xer
12-30-2010, 07:02 PM
I knew it was something like that! Thanks forclearing it up for me.

hollywood
12-30-2010, 07:34 PM
I knew it was something like that! Thanks forclearing it up for me.

Lol. No prob. ;)

joshw0000
12-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Actually, just adding a period before the folder name will hide it. For example:

.Hide me
.nomedia
.watchutalkinboutwillis
.this is not hidden
.quitefranklysusanidontgiveadamn
.theworldismine
.xxxtra Special Pics
.do not look in here
.I think you get the point

;)

Quick note on that: When I extract folders using root explorer it places them in a folder called "extracted". Putting a "." In front of the file name will make the entire folder hidden from the gallery (once the gallery re-builds cache), however, the next time you extract something it creates a new folder and these images are visible to the gallery. I have the same problem with some apps that I use (not porn). Unless you're able to change the save location of the app, which I haven't figured out for most apps, I find it easier to copy ".nomedia" from the "AndroidTheme" folder and paste it in any folder with images I don't want to show up in the gallery. All future downloads are hidden and the app continues to work as intended.

noXcuse
12-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Alright, cool. Thanks fellas.

Phildo
12-31-2010, 08:34 AM
has anybody successfully changed icons inside of an app yet?

i've tried to change just the facebook icon twice now, and each time it removed facebook from my phone completely upon rebooting...lol

Droid-Xer
12-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Im getting close to doing that. I've changed images inside apps but not the icon yet. I'll report back.

Phildo
12-31-2010, 09:43 AM
okay, so what's the trick to changing stuff within an app? i can't seem to get it to work :(

just tried the home events icon in FB, and once again, FB was gone from my app drawer, BUT, it still remained in my /data/app folder, but would not re-install...

it's like i'm not meant to theme my own phone...lol

Droid-Xer
12-31-2010, 10:33 AM
okay, so what's the trick to changing stuff within an app? i can't seem to get it to work :(

just tried the home events icon in FB, and once again, FB was gone from my app drawer, BUT, it still remained in my /data/app folder, but would not re-install...

it's like i'm not meant to theme my own phone...lol

Eh, I don't touch user apps, cuz there might be issues with updating them when updates come out. Check out the screenshots in general discussion. I posted a pic there.

Phildo
12-31-2010, 10:45 AM
well boo...lol

here is my progress so far on the framework...

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/xphildox/Droid%20X/snap20101231_114140.png
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr314/xphildox/Droid%20X/snap20101231_114149.png

notice anything missing? hehe :)

Droid-Xer
12-31-2010, 10:54 AM
What's that widget with the system data in between the two clocks. Whats missing??? You don't have any plans for new years?? I don't know, what's missing...

Phildo
12-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Notification bar clock lol

Sense analog clock small is the widget

scorpio333
12-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Can anyone point me to a list of image names? I've googled and googled and everything runs into dead ends. I'm running Darkslide 4.1 and would like to switch up a few things like a solid black notification bar and kill those green dialer buttons. I looked into the theme zip and previewed a bunch of png's and still didn't figure it out.

C Dippa
12-31-2010, 04:04 PM
There's really not a guide...other than this thread of course. A lot of ninjamorphing is uncharted waters.

I've had good luck downloading themes on the PC and digging through them. For apks on the pc such as dialer.apk, you can just rename it to dialer.zip, extract, and then dig around until you figure out where the pngs you want to change are.

Sent from my DROIDX

C Dippa
12-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Actually, I'll try to post a list of pngs I've changed sometime this weekend. Also, X-er posted some tips in the the third post of this thread, so you could check there too.

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid-Xer
12-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Ya, we need to get a guide together to list the pngs and what they change

scorpio333
12-31-2010, 06:37 PM
A guide would be awesome, just wish I was knowledgable enough to contribute.

Droid-Xer
12-31-2010, 08:27 PM
A guide would be awesome, just wish I was knowledgable enough to contribute.

We all start somewhere. Thats why we throw guides/how tos together, to help other people step up their game.

DThomp
12-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Im not sure about Darkslide, but the phone should be blurphone apk. . The image your looking for will be named blablabla_pressed with the corresponding color tile. Darkslide is blur based so you should have to only do one set of buttons where those of us who run something like gummyjar, with its aosp bits and pieces, have to do the dialer and contacts to have matching dialers between in call and dialing out.

DThomp
01-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Ill start.
1. statusbar_background- the pull down shade for notifications
2. status_bar_background- the actual background of the status bar
3. progressbar_indeterminate- the barber shop looking progress bar
4. scrollbar_handle_accelerated- the little thumb handle on long lists
5. activity_title_bar- off the home screen right below the status bar
6. ic_contact_picture- contact pic for those contacts you dont have a pic of
7. ic_jog_dial_answer
____________decline
____________sound_off
____________sound_on
____________unlock
____________vibrate_on- these are your in call jog sliders
8. popup_bottom
________center
________top- these are the pop up screens for within an app for confirming steps
9. spinner_black
_________ white- these are the well the spinners
10. status_bar_background_animation1-6- these are the flashing status bar when you are on a call and leave the phone screen
11. status_bar_header_background- this is where the carriers name is also the clear button in your notification pulldown
12. stat_notify_?????- are the notifications in the status bar
13. stat_sys_?????- see #12
14.title_bar_portrait- are the bars on the pull down screen for ongoing and notifications

There is a pretty good start. Oughta keep you guys busy for a while.

scorpio333
01-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks DThomp, that was just the kick I needed. Got in there and changed my notification bar to solid black (from Tranquility ROM) just like I wanted. The file I replaced was statusbar_background.9.png.

C Dippa
01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Nice list, DThomp...will add some more later that you didn't mention.

Alright here are a few buttons from the dialer if you have blurphone.apk. These images are located within blurphone.apk, so you need to start a new project with blurphone to access these, if you haven't already.

And finally, to change the ugly green in-call dialer...

Droid-Xer
01-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Sweet post C

leerph
01-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Newbie here so sorry if this is a dumb question. I followed the instructions and got the black notification bar and other settings using ninjamorph. My problem is that when I use my slider to open my notification bar the background is black and the words are black as well. Can someone tell me if ninjamorph can be used to change the text colors in the notification bar or do I have to use something else? Thanks in advance.

Droid-Xer
01-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Newbie here so sorry if this is a dumb question. I followed the instructions and got the black notification bar and other settings using ninjamorph. My problem is that when I use my slider to open my notification bar the background is black and the words are black as well. Can someone tell me if ninjamorph can be used to change the text colors in the notification bar or do I have to use something else? Thanks in advance.

Are you deodexed or do you have a rom? Do you have a white clock or it isn't visible in your notification bar?

leerph
01-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the reply. I am rooted and running launcher pro. I ran across this thread and used it to successfully run ninjamorph to change all my icons and colors of my notification bar to black. Now my clock and all my text from dropdown are black and therefore I cannot read them anymore. I have not deodexed it but just went and did some research on it. It does seem like quite a bit of work to simply be able to change the text colors. I am willing to do it but I wanted to ask about custom roms. If I install a custom rom, does it already have the white text mod included in it or would I still have to deodex and manually change the color? It seems to me like a custom rom might be easier than going the deodex route and having to manually change all that stuff.

C Dippa
01-02-2011, 11:30 AM
My screenshots right above your first reply are the Apex ROM with the icons changed, came with the white clock/black bar included. Most all roms are deodexed, so you can load a rom to get deodexed, and then you can mod the black bar...

Sent from my DROIDX

scorpio333
01-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I've created a couple projects, screwed things up and then abandoned them. I'd like to get them out of the list of existing projects. I've spent 45 mins looking for a way to delete projects. I see the Android Themes folder on the sdcard with backup and workspace folders. Can all files in BOTH these folders be deleted without harmful side effects?

C Dippa
01-02-2011, 03:04 PM
After you press existing project, long press on a project, and click delete project. It should clean it up...

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid-Xer
01-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes, if you want everything to go back to how you had it, I believe there's a backup made in your android themes folder. You can remove existing projects in ninjamorph but that doesn't undo changes.

rdtournay
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Where can I find alternate signal Icons and 3g icons? Thanks

Sent by my x

Droid-Xer
01-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Where can I find alternate signal Icons and 3g icons? Thanks

Sent by my x

Other themes. Download a theme and then follow my instructions.

rdtournay
01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Derr
Sorry, wasn't thinking. Thanks

Sent by my tracfone

Droid-Xer
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
No problemo

XMeoff
01-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Is it possible to use this method to change the notification bar to black or a dark gray? I've followed your tutorial and changed a couple of icons, but the white bar makes the icons look like ****e.

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Is it possible to use this method to change the notification bar to black or a dark gray? I've followed your tutorial and changed a couple of icons, but the white bar makes the icons look like ****e.

You have to be deodexed for all black bar, but yes you can change the color to whatever you want. I believe its status_bar, long press on it, and edit image then change the color to whatever, press menu hard key and save. Once its saved and you finish the project it will be set.

XMeoff
01-03-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm rooted (w/Z4Root), Ti BU, and Bootstraped.

In order to deodex would this be the correct way: Post #21
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/13038-how-deodex-your-2-3-34-rooted-ota-3.html

I've read several ppl have had issues deodex'n their DX's w/2.3.34

wicked
01-03-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm rooted (w/Z4Root), Ti BU, and Bootstraped.

In order to deodex would this be the correct way: Post #21
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/13038-how-deodex-your-2-3-34-rooted-ota-3.html

I've read several ppl have had issues deodex'n their DX's w/2.3.34

this would be the easier way 2.3.340 Deodexed System only .zip — sephtin.com (http://www.sephtin.com/?p=243)

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Thanks wicked. I'll be off for a bit. Gonna throw a guide together real quick.

XMeoff
01-03-2011, 01:36 AM
Question: This needs to be installed through Clockwork Recovery. When my DX reboots and I'm brought to the ClockworkMod Recovery screen, I'm a bit fuzy on how to install and what files to install.

The file "2.3.340-(SYSTEM_ONLY)-DeodexedRooted-(sephtin).zip" I dl'd has 3 folders: utils, system, META-INF

wicked
01-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Question: This needs to be installed through Clockwork Recovery. When my DX reboots and I'm brought to the ClockworkMod Recovery screen, I'm a bit fuzy on how to install and what files to install.

The file "2.3.340-(SYSTEM_ONLY)-DeodexedRooted-(sephtin).zip" I dl'd has 3 folders: utils, system, META-INF

don't extract the .zip file... you will need to install the .zip in clockwork recovery

you're not on a MAC are you?

wicked
01-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Thanks wicked. I'll be off for a bit. Gonna throw a guide together real quick.

no problem bro, can't wait to see what you're cooking up lol

XMeoff
01-03-2011, 01:42 AM
No Mac, Windows

wicked
01-03-2011, 01:44 AM
No Mac, Windows

ok do not extract the zip, just transfer it to your phone as is

XMeoff
01-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Ok, transfer zip file to sd card, then boot in recovery.

Then apply sdcard:update.zip?

wicked
01-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Ok, transfer zip file to sd card, then boot in recovery.

Then apply sdcard:update.zip?

not apply update zip but scroll down to "install zip from sd card" instead
then "choose zip from sd card"
then press VOLUME UP button this should take you to the bottom of the contents of your sd card and locate the zip file

XMeoff
01-03-2011, 02:01 AM
Cool. Loading the zip to the sdcard now. Will let u know if I F this up....Thanks for the help w/the baby steps

wicked
01-03-2011, 02:03 AM
Cool. Loading the zip to the sdcard now. Will let u know if I F this up....Thanks for the help w/the baby steps

You should be ok and you're welcome.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 02:26 AM
This guide is great.
Thanks Droid-Xer, this is way less complicated than I thought it would be.

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 03:10 AM
This guide is great.
Thanks Droid-Xer, this is way less complicated than I thought it would be.

{{ WugFresh }}

I tried to make it easy. As you get more involved in the app, you'll see spots that can shorten the process.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 03:13 AM
I'm just organizing a structured library of png files for easy access.. that seems to be the scheme..... right?

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 03:18 AM
Basically. Pngs and XML files alike. I don't mess with XML files much, but I know cdippa and dthomp are very fluent in them.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 03:21 AM
I actually have a good background in xml.. thats why when I extracted the apk.... I was like.. oh boy..

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 03:24 AM
Yup, its a powerfully little app that makes modifying the framework a bit too easy.