PDA

View Full Version : [How To] use Ninjamorph to change notification bar icons

Pages : 1 2 [3]

xDX_Haven_XDx
10-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Am I missing something? I'm rooted and deodexed. Replacing the pngs from the system/app/settingsapk/res/drawable-hdpi.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

RooTBeeR
11-26-2011, 04:22 PM
ok, so i used the hexeditor to change the verizon wireless banner...i didnt count how many characters i changed at the time(was actually 22) and now is only says im roaming.

anyone know what i need to change those last 6 characters back to to get it to go away(back to normal)

RooTBeeR
11-26-2011, 05:07 PM
nevermind, i ended up just reverting to my setup before i changed it

DirtyDroid
11-26-2011, 05:12 PM
nevermind, i ended up just reverting to my setup before i changed it

Sorry, never used this to change the vzw banner...check possibly in the hacking section for a write up that Shawn did about this...ill grab it for yah if yah can't find it

edit: here it is, may help http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/20469-easy-verizon-banner-change.html?highlight=change+verizon+wireless+bann er

RooTBeeR
11-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry, never used this to change the vzw banner...check possibly in the hacking section for a write up that Shawn did about this...ill grab it for yah if yah can't find it

edit: here it is, may help http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/20469-easy-verizon-banner-change.html?highlight=change+verizon+wireless+bann er

alright thanks, thats a little more in depth then what i was going off of(3rd post in this thread)

How to edit Verizon Wireless banner on lockscreen/drop down

1. Download Hex Editor HexEditor | AppBrain Android Market (http://www.appbrain.com/app/hexeditor/tuba.tools)
2. Open a new project in Ninjamorph
3. System/framework/framework-res.apk
4. Press home key
5. Open Hex Editor
6. Menu key/open file
7. SD card/Android themes/workspace/framework-res.apk/res/xml/eri.xml
8. Scroll down to 000001e0. This is where the banner starts
9. Click on number 56/select ASCII/change to whatever letter
10. Continue to do so til last letter number 73
11. For spaces use 20
12. When finished: menu key/save file
13. Press home key
14. Open ninjamorph/existing project/copy files
15. Back arrow/finish project
16. After reboot you will have a modified banner

noXcuse
12-16-2011, 07:01 PM
What size are the 3G, signal, and battery icons? Is everything in the notification bar the same size? I'm assuming its somewhere around 25x25.

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but there's just too many pages to look through. Lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DirtyDroid
12-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Mine are 38x38.

Inverted Xparent

stryker
12-16-2011, 07:15 PM
38x38, there are a few that are a little slimmer for some reason, but in all my themes I made them all 38x38.

=(.stryker.)=

Whatuseekisfire
12-16-2011, 07:23 PM
is there a link to download icons?..im on Liberty 3 2.0..and i wanna change the icons in the notification bar..thanks in advance..,

noXcuse
12-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Mine are 38x38.

Inverted Xparent

38x38, there are a few that are a little slimmer for some reason, but in all my themes I made them all 38x38.

=(.stryker.)=

Thanks y'all.

noXcuse
12-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Alright, I made a few icons. I can't find the current signal strength icons in Njnjamorph. I'm going to system > framework > framework res.apk > res > drawable hdpi. I see a bunch of cdma icons, but not the ones that are in my notification bar. What am I missing here?

C Dippa
12-17-2011, 10:25 AM
If you're on a GB build, they're in system/app/systemUI.apk instead of framework-res.apk.

Sent from my DROIDX

noXcuse
12-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Ahh. They changed it up on me. Thanks bro.

dtroup64
12-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Wow this thread is brilliant! Thanks to all of you who have made this so easy! Just made my first status bar icons, and they look great on the phone.

Of course... there goes me having any sort of life!

Seamore5
12-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Join the club my friend. It's time to have a lot of fun with this. enjoy :D

stryker
12-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow this thread is brilliant! Thanks to all of you who have made this so easy! Just made my first status bar icons, and they look great on the phone.

Of course... there goes me having any sort of life!

Hey dude, that's how i started theming. Same thing your doing,i made some notification icons for myself. Then i was like screw this I'll make every image on my phone myself from scratch and just have my own theme. I'm on my third complete theme right now. it takes Weeks to make all the images. But I'm glad this thread helped you. I know it helped me. If you have any questions just ask, especially if your going to get serious and make more then just a couple icons. I'll help out as much as i can. Cause now your hooked. Your going to want more and never stop. At least that's what happened to me :-) .

=(.stryker.miui.1.12.9.)=

csk415
12-24-2011, 10:28 AM
This is going to sound so preschool but how do I make icons from scratch?

csk415
12-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Sorry read a little and seen that we can get icons from other themes. Directions in op is for froyo. If we are on gb can we still use icons from a froyo theme? And im still curious how to make icons from scratch.

C Dippa
12-24-2011, 12:37 PM
You can use froyo themes...you just have to pay more attention to what you're changing since most of the file names will be slightly different and sometimes in a different location.

Making icons from scratch takes some skill, but basically you just need to create a .png image that is the correct size using something like Photoshop or Gimp (free alternative to PS). Though, if you plan to edit/create any of the images with a .9 at the end, be sure to research how to edit .9 pngs. You'll run into issues if you edit a .9 png like a regular png.

csk415
12-24-2011, 01:04 PM
You can use froyo themes...you just have to pay more attention to what you're changing since most of the file names will be slightly different and sometimes in a different location.

Making icons from scratch takes some skill, but basically you just need to create a .png image that is the correct size using something like Photoshop or Gimp (free alternative to PS). Though, if you plan to edit/create any of the images with a .9 at the end, be sure to research how to edit .9 pngs. You'll run into issues if you edit a .9 png like a regular png.

Holy smoke. Ok got some researching to do then. I found some icons but it says to use metamorph. Any idea if ninja will work also?

C Dippa
12-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Yup...that'll work. Should be able to just unzip/extract the metamorph zip and pull the icons from it with Ninja.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

stryker
12-24-2011, 02:48 PM
This is going to sound so preschool but how do I make icons from scratch?

to make icons from scratch. You open photoshop,or use what ever your editing software or choice is, click new, choose you're document size, and make you're icons. Use the ROM zip as your template for image names and sizes. It's not that hard. IM good at draWing and design, so that might make it easier for me. When i make my themes, i try to make as much as i can from scratch. Dont get me wrong, there is some color edits i do like all the ic_menu icons, because there are to many to make from scratch. Plus im not getting paid. But im not just a color edit themer. Thats why it takes me a month or 2 to complete a theme. I don't like using someone else's work either. So from scratch means pretty much the same as drawing a picture on a piece of paper. A lot of times i will draw out my design on paper, before i try out in Photoshop. I had someone help me out at the begining. Teaching me about file structure and patching the .9's. I have been designing with photoshop for 10 plus years, just not for android. But what i would do is start small and maybe make a couple notification icons or something to get the hang of it. Then just go from there and start making more and more and more. If u have any questions feel free to pm me and i will try to answer them.

dtroup64
12-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks Stryker. I'm having some fun designing some different icons and such. One thing that has me stumped is the dialer numbers. I've changed them, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I've noticed most of the blur themes seem to have the same white numbers, which leads me to think it might be locked somehow, or beyond my capabilities? Any thoughts?

stryker
12-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks Stryker. I'm having some fun designing some different icons and such. One thing that has me stumped is the dialer numbers. I've changed them, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I've noticed most of the blur themes seem to have the same white numbers, which leads me to think it might be locked somehow, or beyond my capabilities? Any thoughts?

The blur dialer is acually located in 3 different apks. blurdialer.apk, blurphoneapk,and blurcontacts.apk. The dialer images are in 3 locations also. you would have to change them all. the numbers are in [ blurphone.apk\res\drawable-hdpi-finger] [blurcontacts.apk\res\drawable-hdpi-v4] and [blurdialer.apk\res\drawable-hdpi-v4] the blur dialer is a pain in the ass to do the first time. took me weeks to hunt down were everything was at. but those are the locations of the dialer numbers. you can make them whatever you want, like different color and font. there is a white and a black of each now which would equal the off state and pressed state. just make sure your background doesnt blend in so u can still see the numbers. its hard at first, but the first theme i made was tough and took triple the time it takes me now. once you know were everything on your phone is. but blurred roms are different to theme than aosp. aosp has no blur, and miui is slightly different to. i'm currently making themes for miui cause there is more freedom, and you can do more things to images than u can do in a normal rom.

dtroup64
12-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Really appreciate your answer. You themers do an amazingly difficult and time-consuming job. If I'm going to get my dialer the way I want it, I'd better get started!! :)

stryker
12-24-2011, 11:32 PM
Really appreciate your answer. You themers do an amazingly difficult and time-consuming job. If I'm going to get my dialer the way I want it, I'd better get started!! :)

Do what i did. Start replacing stuff a little bit at a time. That way if something works, or doesn't work, it's easy to track it down. The dialer is not that hard to do. Once you tear into the apk's and see how it works, you will understand what you will have to so for your design to work if that makes sense. Work on one apk at a time. Next thing you know you will have a whole theme. The framework and systemUi is were most of the work is.

dtroup64
12-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Hey there,
I've gotten the dialer background the way I want it, but the numbers didn't change. The font and overall look remained constant. So, for kicks, I used Rom Toolbox to change the system font, to see if that affected them, and the numbers changed. So the numbers on the dialer aren't pngs? And if not, I'm lost as to how to change them! I'd changed all of the dial number pings in both the blurdialer.apk and the blurphone.apk.
Any thoughts? Now I'm just curious!!

stryker
12-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey there,
I've gotten the dialer background the way I want it, but the numbers didn't change. The font and overall look remained constant. So, for kicks, I used Rom Toolbox to change the system font, to see if that affected them, and the numbers changed. So the numbers on the dialer aren't pngs? And if not, I'm lost as to how to change them! I'd changed all of the dial number pings in both the blurdialer.apk and the blurphone.apk.
Any thoughts? Now I'm just curious!!

there is more numbers in Contacts/res/drawable-hdpi-v4 if they still don't change then the numbers are xml hex codes, i never changed the numbers on the blur dialer. I don't know were a lot of the xml files are located. On miui i do, blur i don't. It's not hard to change xml text colors, finding which file does what and were, is the challenge. I'm not on a blur ROM right now, I'm on miui because I'm making a theme for it, so i can't look and try stuff. I'm using my orange apex theme for reference because it uses the blur dialer. I have everything done on the blur dialer, but the numbers.lol but to theme the blur dialer, your will be bouncing between those 3 apk's. Believe it or not the dialer that you sere when you hit the button is 3apk's. Don't ask me why.

dtroup64
12-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks again! I'm heading into XML land now... I'll let you know when I find the number color codes! Though I think I might wait until tomorrow, as I have about 10 guests coming for Christmas dinner in about 2 hours... better cook somethin' up! :big smile:

stryker
12-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks again! I'm heading into XML land now... I'll let you know when I find the number color codes! Though I think I might wait until tomorrow, as I have about 10 guests coming for Christmas dinner in about 2 hours... better cook somethin' up! :big smile:

Word, if you find them, let me know. The xml is the only thing that I'm not familiar with yet. you have to decompile the apk in apk manager, so the xml code is readable. When i theme i decompile the apk that I'm doing so i can see the .9 guides to use as a reference so i know were to start when I'm patching my .9's. But the xml is decompiled also, i believe it's in the layout folder. Not 100% on that though.

dtroup64
12-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey there,
Haven't gotten the xml figured out yet... but I'm hot on the trail. So far, I've managed to design my first icons... and retheme the dialer and contacts... havin a ball. (in case anyone's wondering, camels and butterflies are somewhat of an inside joke for my wife...)

C Dippa
12-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Dialer is looking great...nice work!

stryker
12-26-2011, 09:19 PM
looking good dude. I remembered the first time i made a new dialer. I was stoked. like i said theming is an addiction i swear. It feels so good to make something yourself, and then have it work on you're device. All you will want is to do more and more. By the way I'm almost 100% sure the dialer numbers are xml. If they change when you change your system font, they are for sure.

BHuber09
12-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Yes dialer numbers are XMLS.
If you want a really easy way to fix them get apk manager off xda
Then decompile the apk. Then you can go into the apk's folders
so itll be
Dialer.apk -> res -> values -> colors.xml

Then the colors used thoughout the app will be listed there. (in Hex format of course) then you have to choose the right one for the part of the dialer you want to theme for instance right now im on shuji 2.5 and its under
Dialer.apk -> res -> values -> colors.xml -> <color name="dtmf_dialer_display_text">#ffffffff</color>

Then just change the last 6 f's and save it, then recompile the xmls and bam you should be good to go.

I believe, im fairly new at these too, so dont hold it against me if im wrong on the dtmf_dialer_display_text that just makes the most sense of the list given.

stryker
12-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Yes dialer numbers are XMLS.
If you want a really easy way to fix them get apk manager off xda
Then decompile the apk. Then you can go into the apk's folders
so itll be
Dialer.apk -> res -> values -> colors.xml

Then the colors used thoughout the app will be listed there. (in Hex format of course) then you have to choose the right one for the part of the dialer you want to theme for instance right now im on shuji 2.5 and its under
Dialer.apk -> res -> values -> colors.xml -> <color name="dtmf_dialer_display_text">#ffffffff</color>

Then just change the last 6 f's and save it, then recompile the xmls and bam you should be good to go.

I believe, im fairly new at these too, so dont hold it against me if im wrong on the dtmf_dialer_display_text that just makes the most sense of the list given.

Thanks dude. I know how to change all the xml. Just didn't know were and what the name of the code was to change the dialer numbers. I seen that values folder so many times in apk manager when i was decompiling all the apps to look at the guides. it never hit me to look in that folder.lol oh well. now i know were to look. Once i Finnish this miui theme I'm working on. Going to flash back to apex and do some xml editing for my stryke3 orange theme.

BHuber09
12-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Haha yeah man i know, im with you i found them the other day and i was going through messing around with them.
But yeah man i have yet to make a MIUI theme. I was thinking about doing it after these ports/themes im doing right now.
But orange is a really lacking color in themes im glad someones deciding to do it haha. goodluck man

stryker
12-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Haha yeah man i know, im with you i found them the other day and i was going through messing around with them.
But yeah man i have yet to make a MIUI theme. I was thinking about doing it after these ports/themes im doing right now.
But orange is a really lacking color in themes im glad someones deciding to do it haha. goodluck man

Miui its really easy to theme, and i think there are more optIons for deSign in that ROM. All the menus and settings are deSigned different which is awesome!! So pretty much they're is no limit with what you can do. I'm on my second miui theme right now. I saved all my psd's and made templates FRom my first one. It saves so much timein the long run. I'm not due for a phone up grade till march. So should be able to at least get one more theme done before i get a new phone. I will still keep my X though. I would like to make some go launcher themes. But can't get the theme manager program thing from there Web site to work on my computer. I've tried many times.

dtroup64
12-27-2011, 07:47 AM
I had downloaded Apk manager last night and so far have attempted to change the colors three times... Three Beautiful Failures!! :)
I found the file I'm pretty sure needs changing in the blurPhone, blurDialer and blurContacts. I'll keep trying, but perhaps i'm recompiling incorrectly. It keeps giving me an OK, but when I replace the apks in the System/App folder and reboot, I get force closes on the Rom Manager, and the dialer won't come up. Thank god for nandroids!
I've simply been changing out the last 6 digits of the color code given, as my understanding is the first two (they seem to be FF almost exclusively) are the alpha codes. But perhaps that is my problem. I've looked all over the web for Alpha codes to make sure the 8 characters are all correct, and i've been stumped. If anyone has any better ideas, I'll take em for sure.
Thanks again for gettin me started. I'm having a blast!

stryker
12-27-2011, 10:07 AM
I had downloaded Apk manager last night and so far have attempted to change the colors three times... Three Beautiful Failures!! :)
I found the file I'm pretty sure needs changing in the blurPhone, blurDialer and blurContacts. I'll keep trying, but perhaps i'm recompiling incorrectly. It keeps giving me an OK, but when I replace the apks in the System/App folder and reboot, I get force closes on the Rom Manager, and the dialer won't come up. Thank god for nandroids!
I've simply been changing out the last 6 digits of the color code given, as my understanding is the first two (they seem to be FF almost exclusively) are the alpha codes. But perhaps that is my problem. I've looked all over the web for Alpha codes to make sure the 8 characters are all correct, and i've been stumped. If anyone has any better ideas, I'll take em for sure.
Thanks again for gettin me started. I'm having a blast!

I always make the first 2 numbers ff, then The next 6 what ever my color is going to be.

BHuber09
12-27-2011, 02:45 PM
That's what I always do but I also am having problems
I keep getting FC's when I change the xmls
I'm going to work on it tonight o was just playing around with it to see which xmls change what but no go its FC's all the time.
Ill look some stuff up and play around with it and post back here tonight probably around 10.. haha my theming time is at 9.

FreeMyMoto!!!

dtroup64
12-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks for all the help gentlemen! I'm able to decompile quite easily, my issue happens when I try to put the dern thing back together. Get a bunch of errors in apktool. In the meantime, I finally got my dialer and phone the way I want it... until I can change the text color that is!

24332 24333

Thumbnail of the second one doesn't show correctly, but if you click on it it's correct. Love that Ninjamorph!

BHuber09
12-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Wow I like that.
I'm trying to create/port a ICS theme and I might try and incorporate that look if its okay

FreeMyMoto!!!

stryker
12-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks for all the help gentlemen! I'm able to decompile quite easily, my issue happens when I try to put the dern thing back together. Get a bunch of errors in apktool. In the meantime, I finally got my dialer and phone the way I want it... until I can change the text color that is!

24332 24333

Thumbnail of the second one doesn't show correctly, but if you click on it it's correct. Love that Ninjamorph!

Looks good! Don't tell me you're ninja morphing all.the images into dialer? That's crazy. You need to hook up a flashable zip file for clockwork. You can have what ever files or images in it your want, plus the up dater script. or you might be better off making a metamorph for all of you're images. That's what i used to do. Making a metamorph theme is really easy. I learned from a tutorial. its simple xml editing, like real simple. You will need a fishable zip if you are going to make a theme. is there a way to ninja a bunch of images at once? Just wondering? at the beginning i remember doing all the battery icons one, by one with ninja. That's why metamorph is awesome! You can do the whole entire system UI folder if you want.

dtroup64
12-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh I just create all the images in photoshop, then simply copy and and paste the entire changed folder (for instance the drawable folder) into the Android Themes folder that Ninjamorph creates and then I finish the product after copying... real quick. But I'm going to read up on all of the Theming guides and try to do it properly the way you describe. And BH, anything concept would even consider using would be an honor. I'm just messin around. You guys actually create full themes!

BHuber09
12-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Haha well my themes have been jokes because I 1 was told to go ahead and post by a Guy who I was wworking with and 2 had a deadline haha.
This theme I'm trying to make is going to be much better than my others. But thanks haha and if you have any question's just pm me ill be happy to help you, its really easy just takes time.

FreeMyMoto!!!

stryker
12-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Oh I just create all the images in photoshop, then simply copy and and paste the entire changed folder (for instance the drawable folder) into the Android Themes folder that Ninjamorph creates and then I finish the product after copying... real quick. But I'm going to read up on all of the Theming guides and try to do it properly the way you describe. And BH, anything concept would even consider using would be an honor. I'm just messin around. You guys actually create full themes!

Cool man! I didn't know you could do that with ninja. So will ninja apply the whole folder you put in there? Or do you still have to swap the images one by one? What i mean by flashing in clockwork file is. I have the up dater script, and folder structure, which pretty much is what ever you decide to put in there. But if ninja works for you, well keep on using it. If you get to the point when you're like, screw it I'm making a complete theme and want to release it. Pm me and I'll get you started. In that case you would need a flashable zip. But anyways keep up the good work. Theming will get really adDicting!

stryker
12-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Haha well my themes have been jokes because I 1 was told to go ahead and post by a Guy who I was wworking with and 2 had a deadline haha.
This theme I'm trying to make is going to be much better than my others. But thanks haha and if you have any question's just pm me ill be happy to help you, its really easy just takes time.

FreeMyMoto!!!

That's crazy you got a deadline. It takes me like a good month or two to complete a theme. There is just thousands of images to make and patch, then once you get them on you're phone, decide I'm going to change them all. And do it all again. I do that all the time. I'm never satisfied. I'll patch 15 .9s, then re do them all 3 or 4 different times till they are right. But you're themes will get better and better. Just keep at it. As you progress more ideas will hit you. The hardest tHing about theming is thinking of icon and theme designs that no one had done yet. One thing i hate is people kanging other peoples stuff with out consent.

BHuber09
12-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah I tried to finish in the holiday contest.. I had a week and a half to put togther a theme. I was up all night for a long time.
But yes that's exactly what I do, ill end up chnging everything a few times till I found out how I want it exactly. But that's part of the fun, hah making it exactly how you want it. I'm spending llots more time with this one. I want it to be perfect. But kang's ughhh they've ruined alot. Lost us miui, all it takes is saying I used blah blah as a base then built mine around It. It drives me crazy.

FreeMyMoto!!!

stryker
12-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah I tried to finish in the holiday contest.. I had a week and a half to put togther a theme. I was up all night for a long time.
But yes that's exactly what I do, ill end up chnging everything a few times till I found out how I want it exactly. But that's part of the fun, hah making it exactly how you want it. I'm spending llots more time with this one. I want it to be perfect. But kang's ughhh they've ruined alot. Lost us miui, all it takes is saying I used blah blah as a base then built mine around It. It drives me crazy.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Yep, just give credit were credit is due. Its that simple. There are new guys porting miui over for the Droid x now. So that's cool! That's why i stuck with miui also. plus making themes for it is funner then making one for stock. I make them for miui also because they work on pretty much every deVice that runs miui. Which is better because more people will download and try your theme. I made my first one for apex, ssm602, and deodexed 602. But you have to be running one of those roms on the Droid x to run it. With miui so many devices are supported, someone with a different phone could use your theme.

BHuber09
12-28-2011, 01:54 PM
That's the reason I want to make a cm7/9 theme because everyone can use it. That just sounds awesome.
But miui does sound more interesting

FreeMyMoto!!!

stryker
12-28-2011, 02:39 PM
That's the reason I want to make a cm7/9 theme because everyone can use it. That just sounds awesome.
But miui does sound more interesting

FreeMyMoto!!!

I never made a cm7 theme yet. Not quite sure how you have to have everything set up, and what the folder structure had to be, and all that good stuff. It can't be much different then these other roms. I also want to do go launcher themes. But can't get the theme factory to work on my computer.

BHuber09
12-28-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm new to it all so I haven't even thought about launcher themes ha-ha or how you would even to about.
I'm mainly going to do stock until I learn the xmls inside and out. Haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

Droid-Xer
12-29-2011, 12:02 PM
for launcher themes, you have to use their programs. for cm7, you need to make an APK to get it to appear in the theme chooser. Just download, decompile, and check what files are there so you know what you need to have.

BHuber09
12-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks man, ill be looking into it.

FreeMyMoto!!!

cory46
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm new to it all so I haven't even thought about launcher themes ha-ha or how you would even to about.
I'm mainly going to do stock until I learn the xmls inside and out. Haha

FreeMyMoto!!!

Adw and launcher pro templates towards the bottom here

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/25552-theme-guides-where-start.html

I never used go, and the documentation on it was lacking which is why it isn't included

Droid-Xer
12-29-2011, 12:10 PM
if interested in GO and you have a twitter, get with @scscreations or @kookDoes They both have several GO themes

BHuber09
12-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah I'm a big adw fan so ill probably try one of those. Thanks Cory.

But um X-er haha Kookdoes actually knows things about android?? From his tweets is hard to tell hahaha.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Droid-Xer
12-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah I'm a big adw fan so ill probably try one of those. Thanks Cory.

But um X-er haha Kookdoes actually knows things about android?? From his tweets is hard to tell hahaha.

FreeMyMoto!!!

LMAO Ya sift through the vulgarity and you will see he know his shtuff. He has several GO themes.

BHuber09
12-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Haha okay man ill look, thanks for the help

FreeMyMoto!!!

stryker
12-29-2011, 01:04 PM
if interested in GO and you have a twitter, get with @scscreations or @kookDoes They both have several GO themes

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to finish this miui theme. Then I'm going to attempt one for the encounter.ics ROM, I'm on it now, and it's awesome! in the meantime i suppose i could take an existing go theme and gut the images out of it and add all of mine, then change the name and all that good stuff. Because the dam go theme factory needs jdk 1.6 installed, which i do with the correct path. But says i don't have it. Grrrr!! I want to be able to put it in the market for people to use.

=(.encounter.cm9.)=

Droid-Xer
12-29-2011, 01:17 PM
good stuff. Gut and replace has always worked for me :excited:

On a side note, i hope they eventually the camera issue resolved on Encounter ICS. That's a bug I can't live with.

BHuber09
12-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah I know Ive bbeen holding off on that rom because of it. I use my camera nonstop

FreeMyMoto!!!

stryker
12-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Other then the camera, and some force closes here and there, its pretty awesome!! By far miui, and cm9 are my favorite roms as of today. I made a back up so i can go back and forth. I tried uSing it in a boot manager slot. No go!! Don't try it, it won't work lol.

BHuber09
12-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Haha hows the battery life and what's your average screen on time?

FreeMyMoto!!!

dtroup64
01-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Well I'm still working on changing the number colors on the blur dialer in Vortex... but until then, I've finally got my dialer where I'm happy with it...

BHuber09
01-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Yeah you have to color the icons yourself. Its not in the xmls like I thought.

FreeMyMoto!!!

nemesisdxer
01-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Question: I'm using liberty 3 v2.0 rom and I use its rom toolbox. Went to theme manager and choose 'themes by don't panic'. I installed cyanbread, cyanbread add-ons, and cyanbread finishing touches. Everything changed to the cyan color and icons I wanted, except the 1 increment battery icon (still in ics blue). Went to 'icon changer' in the rom toolbox, but there's no 1 increment cyan battery bar icon. Thoughts on what can he done?

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

nemesisdxer
01-06-2012, 09:35 AM
My homescreen^ http://img.tapatalk.com/aefdf6ab-14c0-5644.jpg

nemesisdxer
01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
My updated homescreen, still with the ics battery bar not in cyan. Running OTA gingerbread 2.3.3
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefdf6ab-1c29-b1c0.jpg

BHuber09
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I assume that cyanbreads battery icons are destined for 10% sso they didn't take or hey will only show up on the 10% increments. That'd be my guess.

FreeMyMoto!!!

stryker
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Well I'm still working on changing the number colors on the blur dialer in Vortex... but until then, I've finally got my dialer where I'm happy with it...

Looks good dude!! I haven't been back on a ROM yet that has a blur dialer to mess with the xml for the dialer. This miui theme I'm doing is killing me!! There is so much to change. But I'm almost done.an other couple weeks and it will ready for the public.but once I'm done. I'm going to flash back to apex and up date my orange theme, and add a few things. Then I'll mess with the dialer.

.-[.miui.ics.12-30.]-.

stryker
01-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Question: I'm using liberty 3 v2.0 rom and I use its rom toolbox. Went to theme manager and choose 'themes by don't panic'. I installed cyanbread, cyanbread add-ons, and cyanbread finishing touches. Everything changed to the cyan color and icons I wanted, except the 1 increment battery icon (still in ics blue). Went to 'icon changer' in the rom toolbox, but there's no 1 increment cyan battery bar icon. Thoughts on what can he done?

sounds like who ever made the icons only did the 10 percent ones and didn't theme the other 90 images you need for 1 percent.that's why your seeing the cyan ones only when you're in a 10% increment. Lol i hate making 1% icons. It's easier to do in miui because they are all on one image, so that means you don't have to save each one 100 times. For it to work with 1% you would have to make the other 90 images in Photoshop.

.-[.miui.ics.12-30.]-.

stryker
01-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Huuuu

chuck54
01-06-2012, 08:43 PM
So could I use this to switch my 3g to 4glte? And I'm on miui.us so where could I grab the right image so it would look ligit? (If possible?)

stryker
01-06-2012, 09:50 PM
So could I use this to switch my 3g to 4glte? And I'm on miui.us so where could I grab the right image so it would look ligit? (If possible?)

Just find the 4g icons you want to use, or make them yourself. then rename them to what the 3g ones are. Then swap them out. There are 12 images you need to change. they are in the systemUI/res/drawable-hdpi folder.

.-[.miui.ics.12-30.]-.

csk415
01-07-2012, 09:18 AM
I dont want to confuse anybody but this was copied from the DX homescreen thread. I didnt want to get that thread of track. So I moved it over to this thread

Changing the icons is really easy. You can use ninja morph to do it. Just gotta make sure the icons you're swapping names match and size matches. For example, there are 12 images to make up the 3g icons. There is a images for every state of your connection. It's not that hard to do. Just gotta think about what you want to do so it looks right. it would take my as long as it did to make this theme, to make it for a non miui ROM. Even though i have a lot of the items saved as psd. a lot of the images are different, in different locations, and named different also.sometimes it takes a day or 2 to hunt down the location of a png,lol. I would be better off starting from scratch on a completely new theme. I don't like doing tHings twice. but i can make metamorph themes of say like the notification bar icons from a theme, which would pretty much work on any Rom.

Holy cow thats a hella lot of work. A day or 2 to find a png.:omg:Its all worth it when you produce a solid theme. Its not that I couldnt do it I just dont have the creative side to make icons from scratch. They would be pretty boring. Trust me on that. I need to start reading up on ninja and metamorph. I have found some icons from another site that I like but I have to be able to use metamorph to apply them. Not many theme options for vortex right now.

spodoc
01-07-2012, 09:33 AM
I dont want to confuse anybody but this was copied from the DX homescreen thread. I didnt want to get that thread of track. So I moved it over to this thread

Holy cow thats a hella lot of work. A day or 2 to find a png.:omg:Its all worth it when you produce a solid theme. Its not that I couldnt do it I just dont have the creative side to make icons from scratch. They would be pretty boring. Trust me on that. I need to start reading up on ninja and metamorph. I have found some icons from another site that I like but I have to be able to use metamorph to apply them. Not many theme options for vortex right now.

Its actually not much work. Once you collect the bits and pieces from this theme and that theme then you have them. So any future rom or theme flash and you have those guys ready to just slip in there. Remember that with ninjamorph all you have to do is use it to open/extract something (e.g. framework). Once that is done you can pop over to your favorite file manager and copy/replace all your new icons in one shot. Then you use ninjamorph to close the session out and update.

Now that I have a set of battery and signal icons I like, I can flash a brand new rom and within minutes have ninjamorphed all myfavoritr stuff back in.

dtroup64
01-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Hey there,
It might spur your creative side is to look through all of the great MIUI themes that are out there. Just do a search. You'll start seeing tons of possibilities.
One way to think of icons, a signal icon has 4 bars, so what are things that come in sets of four that might be interesting in a 3-only state...etc... such as a four leaf clover... or a four pointed crown, or a star etc.. or I chose making a butterfly... but the possibilities are endless.
With photoshop, it's really a very easy process to make the different states all from the first complete image you either draw or the clip-art you download.

csk415
01-07-2012, 10:21 AM
I flashed the vortex rom some time ago and want to change out the watermark'd icons. The main icons I would like to change for now are signal, 3g and wifi. The rom has be flawless and I cant complain. I would just like to spruce it up a little. I have some ideas of what I would like to do. Do the icons have to be one image that changes colors or can it be several different images?
@dtroup64... I read you were on vortex also. Can you point me in the right direction on where the location of the icons I want to change?

dtroup64
01-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Hey there,
I think the most difficult process so far... has been copying and pasting the file names for you!! LOL
The files you want are in SystemUI.apk in the Res/drawable-hdpi folder
Here you go:
stat_sys_signal_0_fully.png
stat_sys_signal_2.png
stat_sys_signal_3_fully.png
stat_sys_signal_1.png
stat_sys_signal_2_fully.png
stat_sys_signal_4.png
stat_sys_signal_0.png
stat_sys_signal_1_fully.png
stat_sys_signal_3.png
stat_sys_signal_4_fully.png

stat_sys_data_fully_in_3g.png
stat_sys_data_fully_out_3g.png
stat_sys_data_inandout_3g.png
stat_sys_data_fully_in_1x.png
stat_sys_data_fully_inandout_3g.png
stat_sys_data_inandout_1x.png
stat_sys_data_out_3g.png
stat_sys_data_fully_connected_3g.png
stat_sys_data_fully_inandout_1x.png
stat_sys_data_in_3g.png
stat_sys_data_out_1x.png

stat_sys_wifi_signal_0.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_1_fully.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_3.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_4_fully.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_0_fully.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_2.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_3_fully.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_1.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_2_fully.png
stat_sys_wifi_signal_4.png

stryker
01-07-2012, 02:30 PM

I thought there were a lot of vortex themes? I never ran vortex, but remember seeing themes for it. But anyways, with the right know how. You can port a theme over to work on an other ROM pretty easily. But a metamorph that's for gingerbread, would pretty much work on any gb ROM. If not you would just change the path to were ever the images are at. But the biggest pain in theming for me isn't making the images. I hate saving the dam things,lol

stryker
01-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I flashed the vortex rom some time ago and want to change out the watermark'd icons. The main icons I would like to change for now are signal, 3g and wifi. The rom has be flawless and I cant complain. I would just like to spruce it up a little. I have some ideas of what I would like to do. Do the icons have to be one image that changes colors or can it be several different images?
@dtroup64... I read you were on vortex also. Can you point me in the right direction on where the location of the icons I want to change?

Hey if you can't figure it out or get the icons switched. I could probably make you a metamorph or a flashable zip you would apply in clockwork to change the icons. Just pm me, gather all the icons you want to switch. And make a zip, and dropbox it and send me a link, and I'll take care of the rest. Just an option. I have some time right now.taking a break from my theme for a day or two.

csk415
01-07-2012, 04:10 PM
I thought there were a lot of vortex themes? I never ran vortex, but remember seeing themes for it. But anyways, with the right know how. You can port a theme over to work on an other ROM pretty easily. But a metamorph that's for gingerbread, would pretty much work on any gb ROM. If not you would just change the path to were ever the images are at. But the biggest pain in theming for me isn't making the images. I hate saving the dam things,lol

Wulf ported his over but has moved on to the razor and stopped support for the X. Said he was getting out of theming and pulled his files.

Sent from my DROIDX

csk415
01-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey if you can't figure it out or get the icons switched. I could probably make you a metamorph or a flashable zip you would apply in clockwork to change the icons. Just pm me, gather all the icons you want to switch. And make a zip, and dropbox it and send me a link, and I'll take care of the rest. Just an option. I have some time right now.taking a break from my theme for a day or two.

Im such a noob at this that I have to figure out how to do a zip. I know, I know. You can stop laughing now. Ill shot you a pm.

Sent from my DROIDX

stryker
01-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Wulf ported his over but has moved on to the razor and stopped support for the X. Said he was getting out of theming and pulled his files.

Sent from my DROIDX

Dam, that sucks! As for me i don't know what ROM i want to do a theme for next. So far i I've one for apex,deodexed605,ssm602, and almost 2 for miui. I would like to do some go launcher themes. But i like miui sooooo much cause of the themes on the fly thing. I choose miui cause i thought more people used it cause it's for multiple devices. I'm not due for an upgrade till March. I will get the nexus. But I'm keeping the X Too! Once this theme is done I'm working for I'll probably just help people out for a while with stuff, rather then making a full theme again. But how i am. I will probably start on an other asap. I wont stop till i have one with every color.

csk415
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
dtroup64 thank you. This will help out a ton.

Sent from my DROIDX

stryker
01-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Im such a noob at this that I have to figure out how to do a zip. I know, I know. You can stop laughing now. Ill shot you a pm.

Sent from my DROIDX

Just high light everything you want in the zip in a file manager, then right mouse click, add to zip. I use 7 zip, but you can use winzip or win rar also. It's just easier to zip up all the images, rather then downloading them one by one.

csk415
01-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Just high light everything you want in the zip in a file manager, then right mouse click, add to zip. I use 7 zip, but you can use winzip or win rar also. It's just easier to zip up all the images, rather then downloading them one by one.

Ok. Have 7 zip on my pc. Dtroup64 posted the ones I needed to change a few posts up. Ill try to get to it this weekend.

Sent from my DROIDX

csk415
01-07-2012, 04:57 PM
@Stryker.... Sent ya some pms.

Sent from my DROIDX

csk415
01-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Cab ninjamorph or metamorph be used to change the lock screen? I know I can get widgetlocker, agile lock, ripple lock and even the miui lock apps for lock screens. The apps are laggy, sometimes just dont work, wont show music player and I have to unlock to answer calls. I would like to have one that functions like the stock but with a different type of sliders. I am on the vortex roms so if you know of anything that would work for it can you point me in the right direction.

dtroup64
01-11-2012, 06:41 AM
You can use Ninja to redo the slider images. You just have to figure out how to edit .9.pngs. They're in the framework-res.apk under System/framework. Then it's the same concept as using Ninja for other apks. There are a bunch of good tutorials on em. It's a question of setting up your computer with a few programs, including draw9patch and editing properly. Just google Edit .9png file or search in youtube and you'll get it all. I've been settin up my phone in a Karate theme for kicks, so this is my current lockscreen on Vortex. I changed em so that when I touch the left "fist" slider, the button on the right turns into a Makiwara. My wife is about ready to leave me for a fence post which she deems smarter and far better company... lol

024500 24501

stryker
01-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Cab ninjamorph or metamorph be used to change the lock screen? I know I can get widgetlocker, agile lock, ripple lock and even the miui lock apps for lock screens. The apps are laggy, sometimes just dont work, wont show music player and I have to unlock to answer calls. I would like to have one that functions like the stock but with a different type of sliders. I am on the vortex roms so if you know of anything that would work for it can you point me in the right direction.

You can use ninja or meta or do a zip to change any image on your whole entire phone. Doesn't matter were it is. Lockscreen, home screen, settings. You can do it all. The hardest part at first is trying to figure out what the name and location of some this stuff is. But that's why you got us. I know from me building themes, I have changed every image on my phone and pretty much know the name and location of everything. Feel free to ask me, i will help out all that I can.

=(.stryker.does.dezign.)=

csk415
01-11-2012, 09:06 AM
I understand I can change the image of the slider. What I am after is something like what you can get with apps like agile lock and ripple lock. I have tried the apps and dont care for them.

Sent from my DROIDX

stryker
01-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I understand I can change the image of the slider. What I am after is something like what you can get with apps like agile lock and ripple lock. I have tried the apps and dont care for them.

Sent from my DROIDX

Try widget locker, magic locker, go locker which you have to be using go lAuncher to use, or flash miui. I have all of these on my device, and they all work good. or flash Miui, it has all these lockscreens, plus you can mix and match parts of themes in the theme manager. For example, you can use iCons from one theme, and sms from another theme, or framework from another,a lockscreen from one, and combine then together and make your own custom theme without having to know how to make themes yourself in Photoshop. It's pretty awesome!

bobniborg
01-25-2012, 07:17 PM
can you use ninjamorph to get rid of the sliders entirely. Im on vortex and want to disable the sliders because I use pattern unlock.

please........... (do we have a puppy dog eye smilie).

Droid-Xer
01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
can you use ninjamorph to get rid of the sliders entirely. Im on vortex and want to disable the sliders because I use pattern unlock.

please........... (do we have a puppy dog eye smilie).

Nope. Try the app No Lock to remove the stock lockscreen.

stryker
01-30-2012, 09:18 PM
This is crazy. I am porting my theme over to vortex. And I am theming the blur launcher for The First time. I can not figure out what the image is that's the highlight behind app icons on the homescreen when you touch an icon on the blur launcher. I can not find this for the life of me. You would think it's in the Blur home apk, but it's not. Anyone know were this image might be? I ate up hours so far trying to find this image, and I'm making zero progress.

martyac
08-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I know this thread hasnt been active in awhile but i justed rooted recently and im ready to dive into this. my main question is is it possible for me to copy the framework-res.apk (And other "-res" apks) to my computer, unpack it, change what pngs i want, re pack it, and replace the the existing apk? i mean i know its possible to do that but would it cause any problems by not unpacking it on the phone itself.

Thanks!

Droid-Xer
08-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Its alive!!! No you can extract and rezip on the phone. I use root explorer, seems faster and more reliable.

saul1991
08-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I know this thread hasnt been active in awhile but i justed rooted recently and im ready to dive into this. my main question is is it possible for me to copy the framework-res.apk (And other "-res" apks) to my computer, unpack it, change what pngs i want, re pack it, and replace the the existing apk? i mean i know its possible to do that but would it cause any problems by not unpacking it on the phone itself.

Thanks!

Yeah but your going to have decompile it and recompile it back up. Go to the xda forums there's some guides on how to do it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

BHuber09
08-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah but your going to have decompile it and recompile it back up. Go to the xda forums there's some guides on how to do it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You won't have to decompile. Just extract. But even if you get 7zip it can open the apk so you don't have to extract it, then just replace the images and put it on your phone then put it in /system/framework

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Esposition
10-10-2012, 10:16 PM
I hate to post it if this has already been answered, but I don't have time right now to check the entire thread. Could someone tell me what the sms/text message alert/update icon is called DRAWABLE-HDPI folder? The email icon seems to share the same image, but I'm unsure if that's the file I replace. I assume it would be a stat_notify file but I didn't see it. I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Thanks in advance.

jeems
10-11-2012, 10:26 AM
I hate to post it if this has already been answered, but I don't have time right now to check the entire thread. Could someone tell me what the sms/text message alert/update icon is called DRAWABLE-HDPI folder? The email icon seems to share the same image, but I'm unsure if that's the file I replace. I assume it would be a stat_notify file but I didn't see it. I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Thanks in advance.

They are stat_notify_sms, stat_notify_mms and stat_notify_sms_failed but they are in the mms apk not in framework-res.