PDA

View Full Version : [How To] use Ninjamorph to change notification bar icons

Pages : 1 [2] 3

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 04:36 AM
I should keep my pngs with their corresponding xml files in the same directory when I'm constructing my structured library right?

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Ya, that would be best. I do everything from my phone so I just keep folders for specific themes and I group all pngs/xmls in the folder together for each respective theme I download.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 04:43 AM
Nice...thats exactly what I was doing.

I'm gonna be building my own themes in no time.

Now I understand why themes from older ROM versions come out so quick when new releases come out.

I can modify user apks too right? They will only get corrupted when updates come out?

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 04:59 AM
Ya, there's actually a pretty quick way to port themes over. In the themes for gummyJAR post, most of those were ported over by mikeyinid on droidforums.net

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 05:03 AM
You just decompile the framework.res and then replace all the pngs and xmls with the themed version.. recompile.. make a zip.. tada.. right? Or something like that..

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Correct, if you pull everything to your pc. Like i said I do it all from my phone, so I just decompile, replace pngs/xml, then finish project which compiles/zipaligns and reboots.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Sweet! And to make it flashable.. I just have to recreate the directory structure right.. like:
"theme-name"/system/framework/"modified-contents"

As a zip...

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Sounds right. Or you can swap the framework with root explorer. I just do it all from my phone. Easier for me.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 05:19 AM
I get that.. I'm saying if I want to share it with others.. like thats how themes are published to the web?

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 05:24 AM
Oh ya. I've never created install zips. I have 7zip but never really messed with it much. Let me know when you do that so you can tell me how!

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Ok. I'm pretty sure my guess is right, you just make the directory structure the same as the phone... or maybe you start with the system folder as your top directory... All I will have to do is look at any theme and will know what's going on. It's going to be super easy. Hooray ninja morph... I will post my instructions when I figure it out.

This would be a crapy time to brick though because I left my usb at school... so I better be a good guesser.. lol

{{ WugFresh }}

DThomp
01-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments but I'm not any near an expert with this stuff. Just wanted to get that out there before my pm inbox got flooded. I have changed a XML file around once but that was just being lazy and not wanting to download and flash an update to fix an icon problem. But I did modify the erixml to get rid of Verizon on the lock screen and notification shade. In reality I don't even know what a XML file is, I'm not real fluent with computers. Which is why NM is so great for me. I have only been doing this stuff since I got my X on launch. Actually x'er if you'll recall I posted way back on the first page I think that you got me started with your tutorial. You should probably put in a disclaimer about how addictive this is. Load a new rom just to mod it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DThomp
01-03-2011, 05:35 AM
Actually my avatar is a very good rendering. But now the monkey has a smartphone along with the .45.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Xml files are simple they just define hierarchy so you can assign images to different places. Get notepad++ and open up an xml file and you will understand exactly whats going on.... the rest is just syntax.

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Good to know.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 05:47 AM
Like the notification bar will be on a higher level than the notification icons.

As long as you retain the hierarchy then your fine. But if you mess that up then things get wacked out of place.

Notepad++ will show you the structure clearly and allow you to collapse and expand levels. So its no different than a basic tree directory structure.

You keep the xml structure intact and edit the contents.

{{ WugFresh }}

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 05:50 AM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/aefe1128-a9b9-ba49.jpghttp://184.72.239.143/mu/aefe1128-a9c2-84a2.jpg

This was something I did recently. Changed the icon on the system apps. I don't touch user apps because you lose the ability to update them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 05:51 AM
That's as far as I go with xml. I do it all from my phone

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Nice Droid-Xer, this is all becoming much clearer to me. There are alot of possibilities.
Since this is all xml based then I'm pretty sure I could develop some really useful tools. I'd like to make a program with a GUI for easily theming and untheming user/system apps. Kinda like a new and improved ninjamorph.. but as a pc program that outputs flashable zips.

The concept is essentially live previews of your edits. I am a low level programmer but I know xml pretty well.

My plan would be to try and write a parser which could traverse the xml structure.. and output a display of all the images in a layered preview view.. so as you modify/swap out images, you would see a preview of your final product. The interface I'm thinking of will resemble photoshop... well kinda... only much simpler.

Are any of you interested in an program like that? or is ninjamorph easy/good enough? I'm not going to build it if people think its unnecessary or are uninterested.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 06:03 AM
Please provide feedback on the idea and whether or not you think its a worthwhile project.

Plus.. let me know if you're interested in becoming a beta tester.... assuming I am actually able to build it.

{{ WugFresh }}

joshw0000
01-03-2011, 08:25 AM
PM me the beta please!!! I wana test it... if/when you make it.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 08:57 AM
For sure.. I'm glad you want to try it.the more I think about it the more confident I am that I can build it. But I don't want to hijack this thread, if others are interested please email

WugFresh@gmail.com

I will add you to the mailing list for beta versions updates. Please do not send me spam.

{{ WugFresh }}

scorpio333
01-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Me and BlurPhone just aren't getting along. I've been able to change a few things, but the number/text on the buttons just won't take. At least I got rid of the ugly green buttons.

sephtin
01-03-2011, 04:40 PM
For sure.. I'm glad you want to try it.the more I think about it the more confident I am that I can build it. But I don't want to hijack this thread, if others are interested please email

WugFresh@gmail.com

I will add you to the mailing list for beta versions updates. Please do not send me spam.

{{ WugFresh }}

Catch me if you have issues getting things going.

Just know that the .xml files are all compiled, and decompiling with something like apkmanager doesn't guarantee that you will be able to recompile (usually framework-res is a bear if it's been modded/optomized).

Because they're compiled, it's also possible to mod them via hexediting... but it can quickly become a mess doing so.
Guide to some quick themeing basics (status bar, and notification drop down only):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiExjt7nGt8
(also check 2/2)

(from a few pages back)...
update.zip is pretty easy to do. Just take one that works, drop in your payload in the proper directory, and edit the update-script, or updater-script correctly... look at a few, you'll get the hang of it... (there are guides to updater and update scripts on XDA)...

Edit: Sorry if this derails a little, taking the thread further off topic, but some good info in this thread!

Droid-Xer
01-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the tips sephtin. Any positive input from knowledgeable users is always welcomed.

WugFresh
01-03-2011, 05:26 PM
@sephtin
Thank you for all that info. I will have to do a lot of reading so I appreciate you putting me on the path. I will remember to use you as a resource if/when I encounter difficulties.

But hexediting...oh no... just the term it self scares me... lol, I don't have the type of brain for that... you need to think in binary code for that kind of comprehension... please don't tell me I am going to have to learn about that... I already have a headache just thinking about it.

{{ WugFresh }}

sephtin
01-03-2011, 07:10 PM
@sephtin
Thank you for all that info. I will have to do a lot of reading so I appreciate you putting me on the path. I will remember to use you as a resource if/when I encounter difficulties.

But hexediting...oh no... just the term it self scares me... lol, I don't have the type of brain for that... you need to think in binary code for that kind of comprehension... please don't tell me I am going to have to learn about that... I already have a headache just thinking about it.

{{ WugFresh }}

Like everything else.. to just make quick changes, it's fairly painless (More info in that youtube vid I linked.. shows an example or two).
Need a walkthrough, catch me...

Phildo
01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
interesting discovery about lock screen sliders...

i loved the darkberry theme for 1.9.0, and with almost 800 image files in the drawable-hdpi folder alone, i'm not using NM to change everything, so i'm copying groups of approx 30 image files at a time, briefly comparing the names to be sure i'm on the same page in both folders. I noticed that the rubix 1.9.5 drawable-hdpi folder had a file "zz_moto_jog_tab_base.pdn." after a brief moment of searching, it is a Paint.Net file. After looking in the file as well using textedit (i'm on a mac), i noticed there are direct references to the "ic_jog_***.png" slider files. I wonder if this is a reason i have been unable to change my sliders to the ones i want, and being stuck with the "ic_jog_***" slider images...

i'm going to look into the rubix 1.9.0 framework too, and see if this file is in there as well

*edit* rubix 1.9.0 does NOT have this file in place. i wonder what happens if i remove this file...time for a nandroid, and some tests! lol

*edit #2* removing this file resulted in bootloop...lol next step, editing the file to see if that works

*edit #3* i'm an idiot, with too many windows open and losing track of what is what. bootloop was caused by flashing of 1.9.0 framework-res.apk. LMAO...restored backup, then found this error. removed the .pdn file again, flashed framework-res.apk, and no change. *sigh*

XMeoff
01-04-2011, 01:19 AM
So I've been able to change out most of the notification bar icons. Now I'm ready to gray or black out the bar. Question: Where is the clock to change the color to white?

sephtin
01-04-2011, 01:39 AM
So I've been able to change out most of the notification bar icons. Now I'm ready to gray or black out the bar. Question: Where is the clock to change the color to white?

That's in /system/framework/services.jar
Take a look at xUltimate (search, you'll find it), pretty sure it can do it for you...

Droid-Xer
01-04-2011, 02:04 AM

Ya, the clock and text in pulldown bar is not in framework-res.

@phildo...thanks for the report! At least you're not giving up on changing the sliders.

WugFresh
01-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Like everything else.. to just make quick changes, it's fairly painless (More info in that youtube vid I linked.. shows an example or two).
Need a walkthrough, catch me...

True, I know your right.. I'm sure I will be able to figure it out. I'm just one of those people who have been scorned by the rath of debugging too many times in my life... So when introduced to new code, I'm already pessimistic before I begin. LOL... I suppose it's why I'm not a legit programmer.. I know the trade but loathe it. My plan is to learn as much about this as possible... so that I can at least get it started.. but I really want to try and get my freind who actually knows what he's doing to code it.. and just leave me in charge of the GUI. Is that cheating? I just want it built.

{{ WugFresh }}

cleopete
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the awesome guide. I found this at Android Forums for an easy hack to do all your icon changes at once instead of one at a time:

[HowTo] Theming icons using NinjaMorph ... FASTER method! - Android Forums (http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/230756-howto-theming-icons-using-ninjamorph-faster-method.html)

It provides some helpful supplementary info.

So now I'm running Liberty + Linear with Simply Stunning icons...I've got it all! (so long as "all" refers strictly to my Droid X)

Droid-Xer
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks, updated OP, for users with knowledge in Ninjamorph.

C Dippa
01-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Nice link, cleopete...actually found that method the other day and used it to move the entire drawable hdpi folder (854 images) from gummy over to liberty. Took about 10 minutes of constantly hitting the overwrite button to do that many at once, but it worked like a charm.

It's an awesome way to keep your icons with a new rom, if you save your old framework-res before you flash...

Sent from my X to the interwebs

scorpio333
01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
I know the start of this thread was 'without a PC'. For me this was easier. Start a project and then back out of Nm. Connect to a pc. Open the project folder on PC. Open another window with all your desired files. Copy/paste. Unmount. Finish project.

I went that route for quicker changing. Also if editing an xml like eri.xml this way was easier. Again just personal preference. Hopefully this isn't why my SD card decided to crap out.

Now who's gonna figure out that blurphone??? Them dang number/letters on each button is driving me nuts! I've been in there and contacts and have just about given up.

cleopete
01-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Nice link, cleopete...actually found that method the other day and used it to move the entire drawable hdpi folder (854 images) from gummy over to liberty. Took about 10 minutes of constantly hitting the overwrite button to do that many at once, but it worked like a charm.

It's an awesome way to keep your icons with a new rom, if you save your old framework-res before you flash...

Yeah, I saw you had thanked him earlier. And that was like a day after I had thanked you for something.h Small Internet, huh?

I hadn't really played with this app until Liberty came out, because I had no idea where to get icons and I'm neither patient enough or artistic enough to make them myself. Being able to rip from other themes and roms gives a lot of options, and makes an awesome release...awesomer.

scorpio333
01-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Hoping someone can help me identify three images. I've torn through blurphone and contacts, edited .9's (and got them to work) but these three are killin me. I've tried googling and browsing for themes, but it seems this dialer is unchartered territory.

Awhile back I asked if there was a guide on which images were which. I now know why there's no such guide, pretty sure it would take way too long to list all the images, different states they appear, where they appear, etc... That said, I've come a long way and figured some stuff out, if I can help anyone else let me know.

Droid-Xer
01-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Thanks for the input Scorpio! Ya I was going to do a write up on the specific pngs but thays a lot of writing for pngs that's are prettying self explanatory. I know the dialer and lock screen seem to be picky with what/when/if they get changed. So I can't help u there. Sorry.

C Dippa
01-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Hoping someone can help me identify three images. I've torn through blurphone and contacts, edited .9's (and got them to work) but these three are killin me.

Scorpio, those three are in the framework-res.apk in drawable-hdpi...not in the dialer or contacts, so that may be why you can't find them.

The tab is tab-selected.png

The bar underneath is tab_selected_bar_left and tab_selected_bar_right.

The text box is either textfield_search_empty_selected, textfield_search_selected, textfield_selected, or possibly all of these.

I'm pretty sure this is right...hope it helps

scorpio333
01-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Scorpio, those three are in the framework-res.apk in drawable-hdpi...not in the dialer or contacts, so that may be why you can't find them.

The tab is tab-selected.png

The bar underneath is tab_selected_bar_left and tab_selected_bar_right.

The text box is either textfield_search_empty_selected, textfield_search_selected, textfield_selected, or possibly all of these.

I'm pretty sure this is right...hope it helps

Thank you, those were correct. Did a quick change, just have to find or create the exact images I need. At least that text field is not blindingly white now!

cobracon71
01-28-2011, 02:08 PM
i didnt have to use the stericson busybox mine works with out it or shall i say i didnt dl it

Droid-Xer
01-28-2011, 03:10 PM
If you're rooted you have it. I just added it in case someone accidentally uninstalled it.

cobracon71
01-28-2011, 05:43 PM
ok i have been able to change my notification png's but ive been tryin to change my app drawer icons and having problems when i change the icon it totally uninstalls the program for that icon and i have to restore with titanium.... i think possibly i am doing something wrong im not sure so if someone can give me a detailed breakdown on how to do this i sure would appreciate it...

Phildo
01-29-2011, 05:51 PM
i have yet to figure out how to change 3rd party apps as well.

gravybird
01-29-2011, 06:00 PM
I know that bigDX has a ton of third party apps themed in like 8 different colors. They can be found in the themes for liberty thread. They are really nice, and seem to be current to the versions of the apps update that's in the market. I believe that you can use them on any rom/theme, just delete the original app that you would replace.

Swyped while swerving

Droid-Xer
01-29-2011, 06:08 PM
I've never had an issue. I normally do system apps without issue. I'd imagine data apps are no different.

Phildo
01-29-2011, 06:50 PM
I've done system apps but cannot get facebook to work (that's the only one I've tried...lol)

Sent from the heavens thru a complex combination of Rubix and Droid X

cobracon71
01-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I've never had an issue. I normally do system apps without issue. I'd imagine data apps are no different.
i know its a bit much but could you possibly give me a detailed rundown on how to do this beings your not having a problem doing it evidently im doing something wrong

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 02:31 AM
i know its a bit much but could you possibly give me a detailed rundown on how to do this beings your not having a problem doing it evidently im doing something wrong

New project
System/app
Browser (for example)it'll extract
Go to browser icon png and long press to edit color
Finish project
Manually reboot
Altered image should appear now.

Phildo
01-30-2011, 03:08 AM
i was bored tonight and i tried something to figure out if it would work or not...

i tried to change the icon on Ninjamorph....USING Ninjamorph.....

it doesn't work...LMAO

Droid-Xer
01-30-2011, 04:44 AM
Ya user apps can be difficult to change using just ninjamorph.

cobracon71
02-01-2011, 04:19 PM
14626can anyone tell me what the compose and the folder image name is so i can change them

Droid-Xer
02-01-2011, 04:55 PM
They should be one of the ic_..... pngs

cobracon71
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
well i assumed the compose png would the one for compose but its a the ringer off png i have the correct png for compose but its still a png of ringer off and i see no folder png at all in drawable hdpi

Droid-Xer
02-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Thats the only png I could think of. ninjamorph is alot of trial and error, so pick a few pngs and change them and see if its the one

cobracon71
02-02-2011, 01:28 AM
man i edited the color of my progress bar from dark to blue and it totally screwed with the market bad when i tried to update my apps it would start downloading then just drop the download and put my app at the bottom like i didnt have it installed i ended up having to restore a backup with titanium to fix it. i even uninstalled the market and reinstalled and that didnt fix it. thank the dx gods for titanium

sephtin
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM
man i edited the color of my progress bar from dark to blue and it totally screwed with the market bad when i tried to update my apps it would start downloading then just drop the download and put my app at the bottom like i didnt have it installed i ended up having to restore a backup with titanium to fix it. i even uninstalled the market and reinstalled and that didnt fix it. thank the dx gods for titanium

Actually, that was happening to everyone. There was an issue with the market that should now be fixed... I would say feel free to give it another try if you want your market themed...

Droid-Xer
02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Ya, thanks sephtin, a new market was being worked on and the current one was acting wacky for most people.

Shotinthedark228
02-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I have a question? I just ported the pink life theme from liberty to Rubix 1.9.7 on my girlfriends x using wugfreshs universal porter. But she doesn't like the battery icon in the notification bar because it doesn't show percentages I was wondering if anyone knows of any pink ones that show percentages that I could use? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid-Xer
02-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I have a question? I just ported the pink life theme from liberty to Rubix 1.9.7 on my girlfriends x using wugfreshs universal porter. But she doesn't like the battery icon in the notification bar because it doesn't show percentages I was wondering if anyone knows of any pink ones that show percentages that I could use? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my DROIDX

Take a look at rocking rainbows by Corina cakes and see what's on there.

Shotinthedark228
02-03-2011, 03:12 PM
K....thank you

Sent from my DROIDX

moosc
02-04-2011, 09:03 PM
id like to change the color of my clock in status bar, can some one one point me to step by step on where to find and do this? i do have a little knowldge in using ninjemorph. currently running darkslide 4,3 on my droidX.

scorpio333
02-04-2011, 09:06 PM
id like to change the color of my clock in status bar, can some one one point me to step by step on where to find and do this? i do have a little knowldge in using ninjemorph. currently running darkslide 4,3 on my droidX.

Look here: [Guide] Change notification/clock/pull down text colors - Android Forums (http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/49813-guide-change-notification-clock-pull-down-text-colors.html)

sephtin
02-04-2011, 09:09 PM

I just happen to be automating this for my site:
Sephtin Custom Themes now public! — sephtin.com (http://www.sephtin.com/?p=297)

Here are a couple sites that describe how to do this... (No clue if ninja/meta morph can do it.. but these links describe the manual way):
[HOW-TO] Change status bar clock color - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=549309)
section 2a here:
[GUIDE] Theme editing and related things. - Android @ MoDaCo (http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-themes-and-design-customisation/328510/guide-theme-editing-and-related-things/#entry1545732)

Droid-Xer
02-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Sweet. Thanks for the link sephtin and scorpio

Phildo
02-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Look here: [Guide] Change notification/clock/pull down text colors - Android Forums (http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/49813-guide-change-notification-clock-pull-down-text-colors.html)

if you use this link, be sure to click the link in the large font right at the top of the post, as that is the guide you'll want to use, not the one directly linked here...just fyi :)

Phildo
02-05-2011, 02:38 AM
I just happen to be automating this for my site:
Sephtin Custom Themes now public! — sephtin.com (http://www.sephtin.com/?p=297)

Here are a couple sites that describe how to do this... (No clue if ninja/meta morph can do it.. but these links describe the manual way):
[HOW-TO] Change status bar clock color - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=549309)
section 2a here:
[GUIDE] Theme editing and related things. - Android @ MoDaCo (http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-themes-and-design-customisation/328510/guide-theme-editing-and-related-things/#entry1545732)

thanks for those as well...gonna save those for later use, as i'm working on some custom theming stuff right now too :)

Nac 25s
02-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Ok I know how to use nmorph to change the stat bar I was running redx with bits of black juice blue gin with liberty 1.0 .... Just installed liberty 1.5 ...so can I use redx res files for example (from liberty 1.0) with one of the liberty 1.5 themes or will it cause it to boot loop or cause any other problems

Droid-Xer
02-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Ok I know how to use nmorph to change the stat bar I was running redx with bits of black juice blue gin with liberty 1.0 .... Just installed liberty 1.5 ...so can I use redx res files for example (from liberty 1.0) with one of the liberty 1.5 themes or will it cause it to boot loop or cause any other problems

Its best to redo it. I believe kejar said the framework changed a bit from v1.0 to v1.5 so this might cause a bootloop. You can try it, just make a backup prior.

Nac 25s
02-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks a lot droid xer and for the t tutorial helped me out lots....another question where can I use ninja morph to to switch app icons from one theme to another, and where can I find them

Droid-Xer
02-09-2011, 04:42 PM
If they are system apps like gmail, gtalk, etc, they are located in system/app. User apps are in data/app. You would extract the apk and then make hour edits. Sometimes it doesn't work that easy. Just trial and error.

Nac 25s
02-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Sweet thanks so much still trying to learn this stuff nice to have someone who can help...one more question I noticed on done themes you have a diff color swype trail can you change that with ninja morph or how can you do that?

Droid-Xer
02-09-2011, 11:54 PM
That's probably not my pic. Some pics are.from the devs. I don't use swype. There's a themed swype in the dark android themes in the liberty themes sticky I have.

Nac 25s
02-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Ok thanks again

Droid-Xer
02-10-2011, 11:08 AM
No prob.

jawonder
02-14-2011, 07:28 PM
No prob.

Hey what's up don't know if you can help me ? , i just installed Apex 1.4 and i had 3 other roms backed up including my stock , when my phone rebooted it's saying SD Card damaged and that i have to format it and it also warns that if i format it i'm gonna lose all my data . What should i do ? . I had about 6GB of space left on it .

Droid-Xer
02-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey what's up don't know if you can help me ? , i just installed Apex 1.4 and i had 3 other roms backed up including my stock , when my phone rebooted it's saying SD Card damaged and that i have to format it and it also warns that if i format it i'm gonna lose all my data . What should i do ? . I had about 6GB of space left on it .

Crap. Does your pc still read the card? If so just drag and drop what you can onto your pc.

jawonder
02-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Not sure , i've never done that before because i have a Mac but i have a laptop with windows 7 which i used a while ago to SBF my phone i'm gonna try . can you tell how to do it ? .

Droid-Xer
02-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Just connect using the USB. When its connected, pull down the notification bar and select USB connection, USB mass storage. Open My Computer on your pc and see if it recognizes the sd.

C Dippa
02-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Not sure , i've never done that before because i have a Mac but i have a laptop with windows 7 which i used a while ago to SBF my phone i'm gonna try . can you tell how to do it ? .

First, I would power down your phone, remove the sd card, then put it back in, then reboot.

See if the phone recognizes it then...not saying it will, but that has worked for me before, and a good place to start troubleshooting.

jawonder
02-14-2011, 08:37 PM
my computer !? , where do i find that on the pc ?

Droid-Xer
02-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Ya the computer icon? Its called my computer or just computer. Normally on the desktop. Try what cdippa said first.

jawonder
02-14-2011, 08:46 PM
First, I would power down your phone, remove the sd card, then put it back in, then reboot.

See if the phone recognizes it then...not saying it will, but that has worked for me before, and a good place to start troubleshooting.

Thanks , i tried that didn't work .

Droid-Xer
02-14-2011, 08:48 PM
K. Ya open up your computer icon and it should show the sd

jawonder
02-14-2011, 08:51 PM
is it the area that shows :- CD drive , removable disk and DVD RW Drive ? .

Droid-Xer
02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Bingo. It should read as a removable disk.

shanehillsr
02-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Ok guys, I got my slider themed, though I don't have the capability to slide right to mute anymore. I never use that since I use ringtone scheduler and it resets my mode any time I change it. Thanks and looking forward to finding the dialer files.

how did you get the files to change and which ones were they?

aju8483
02-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Great thread... Does anyone know how to change the lockscreen so it has a different background?(I think I figured the sliders out) Also does anyone know how to add music player / widgets etc (maybe not possible without major themeing?) Just some questions from a Newb. Thanks all.
-A

Droid-Xer
02-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Great thread... Does anyone know how to change the lockscreen so it has a different background?(I think I figured the sliders out) Also does anyone know how to add music player / widgets etc (maybe not possible without major themeing?) Just some questions from a Newb. Thanks all.
-A

Widgets and different background can only be achieved using widget locker.

Droid-Xer
02-22-2011, 02:35 AM
how did you get the files to change and which ones were they?

Some ROMs/themes don't work well with Ninjamorph. If you've changed all the zz_...pngs and ic_jog....pngs and it still wont stick then its probably a setup issue.

aju8483
02-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Do I need to change all of the files? I only changed one file as a test to see if it was working... here is what I did....
1) I started a new proj in ninjamorph. system>framework>framework-res.apk>(extracts)>res>drawable-hdpi>zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_left_begin.9.png anyways as a test this is the only file I changed and then I finished and rebooted.

The image on the slider is different but it no longer slides it just sits there and when I drag right the screen unlocks.

So the image did replace but it seems to have ruined the sliding animation.

Any ideas?

Droid-Xer
02-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Yes this happens. There can be a couple different causes for this: the png you put in wasnt a 9.png or its just not compatible. You should always make a backup before messing around with system images. If you didn't, there's a backup of your framework in android themes folder and you can use that to replace the pngs or push it back in using root explorer.

aju8483
02-24-2011, 12:15 AM
droidx-er... I am reworking the .9png now... It didnt save correctly so I think that was the issue. I am using the .9patch the the android SDK. I will post back and let you know if that worked. If widget locker didnt mess with my phone everytime I install it I would avoid this hassle :). back shortly
-A

Droid-Xer
02-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Cool. I'll check your progress tomorrow. Off to bed for me. I really wish widget locker was smoother too. I always had issues using it.

aju8483
02-25-2011, 12:05 AM
ok well I completely bricked my phone and had to flash sbf haha. I think it had something to do with the draw9patch program and my not understanding how to work the black lines on it. Not sure. Working on it again in my spare time tonight. I will figure it out. Apex 1.4 seems to not like to be messed with.
-A

WugFresh
02-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I just recovered from a brick for screwing with Apex

{{ WugFresh }}

aju8483
02-25-2011, 01:17 AM
OK Wug / X-er.... I am a newb to rooting / themeing but I am addicted :). So I figured it out for the lockscreen at least... Here is what I did in hopes this may help others.
1) Create the png I wanted as my slider how I wanted it in GIMP or I used Illustrator / Photoshop because GIMP confuses me at the moment.
2) Save it with the same file name that I want to re-write (minus the .9.png extention so for me it was: "zz_moto_jog_tab_bar_left_begin")
3) I opened up the Draw9Patch tool from the android SDK and dragged my png in
**This was the really confusing part at first**
Note: top and left sides are for stretching ... Bottom and right sides are for where text input will go I think ... as I said I am a newb.
Note: Also there should be three images in the right hand pane and the middle one was showing me how it would look when stretched.
4) So I added some dots to elongate the slider towards the left end of the 1pixel draw9patch margin and also added a pixel at the top and bottom of the slider
Note: I think these pixels just set boundaries / restrictions for scaling. Like I said total newb here.
5) Then I went to file>save 9patch.
6)Opened eclipse and clicked file > new > Android Project...
<<I filled the following in>>
-Project Name -AJUSlider1
-Target Name -(I clicked android 2.1 arbitrarily)
Application name: AJUSlider1
Package name: com.AJUSlider1.images
activity: Slider

7: Now I dug into the project and deleted the .png that was created in there (slider.png) and droppped in my .9png.
8: Now I right clicked on my project and selected android tools>export unsigned application package
9:define where it goes
10: hit save... OK to message that pops up
11: now I used that .9png file to patch with
12: transfered to my phone and overwrite / morph .
13: reboot and viola. new slider...

Hope that makes some sense to someone :-P. This is the only way I have been able to get new sliders into Apex 1.4 without bricking my DX.
-A

Droid-Xer
02-25-2011, 10:09 AM
I don't mess with 9pngs cause they are quite particular. So im not much help there. As for apex it was quite easy to work with. I made a theme for it pulling some nice touches from Xkapes theme for PE on the OG Droid. I did the entire theme on my phone using ninjamorph, root explorer, astro, pic say pro, and apksigntic. Check it out. The only issue is sometimes a reboot is needed after turning on the phone to regain signal. There seems to be some issue with the rom settings and doing some major framework edits. I had another themer go over the theme and saw no issues with the edits, he said that it happens sometimes. So I'll be trying to find a fix and if I do I'll add it in this thread in case anyone has the same issue.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/19383-theme-orangex-apex-1-4-a.html

scorpio333
02-25-2011, 02:33 PM
I've never had an issue with .9's...so far. Here's the info I used.
How To Edit .9.png's - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/51442-how-edit-9-pngs.html)

Hopefully that helps a bit.

scorpio333
02-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned in this thread, but I got some good use out of it today. I wanted to switch over to icons using a specific color (00C800). I came across this UOT Kitchen (http://uot.dakra.lt/) site over on XDA. You can create your own custom battery and icon sets. The site is slow, but patience pays off. After you throw in all the ingredients you get a zip that contains framework-res.apk. Looks like the site is mostly for Sense phones, but I was able to extract the notification icons out and Ninjamorph them in.

The batteries you cook up over there give you all 101 battery images. If your ROM uses every 10 or 20 or all 101 you're all set. Just pull out the matching png's.

goblueboy
03-01-2011, 03:34 PM
how would i go about making a picture the for the notification pull down

Droid-Xer
03-01-2011, 06:10 PM
The easiest way i think is to pull a pnf from the notification bar and use photoshop or gimp to get the correct size and use it as a template.

goblueboy
03-02-2011, 05:22 PM
The easiest way i think is to pull a pnf from the notification bar and use photoshop or gimp to get the correct size and use it as a template.

i assume you ment PNG not pnf because idk what a pnf is.

but i have these from the ApeX framework.apk i pulled out using ninjamorph 15308

its 180x180 pixels, i assume it maybe is used more than once to get it to work?

i just want to put a pic in there that has the correct sizing

Droid-Xer
03-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Thats a status bar background correct? If so just put it in where you want it

goblueboy
03-03-2011, 04:19 PM
i don't understand. does that mean i have to make the picture i want 180x180?

Droid-Xer
03-03-2011, 04:21 PM
That isnt an icon png thats a background png. If you want to make a status bar icon use an icon like the alarm or something

goblueboy
03-04-2011, 01:16 PM
That isnt an icon png thats a background png. If you want to make a status bar icon use an icon like the alarm or something

i don't think you understand anything im saying. this is what im talking about

[Featured XDA][Notification Menu]Excuse Me! - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=925460)

C Dippa
03-04-2011, 01:43 PM
i don't think you understand anything im saying. this is what im talking about

[Featured XDA][Notification Menu]Excuse Me! - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=925460)

Check this thread:

How-To: Droid in Notification Drop Down Bar - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=750555)

It's status_bar_background.png, and his custom one is 480x770

goblueboy
03-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Check this thread:

How-To: Droid in Notification Drop Down Bar - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=750555)

thanks a million!

Droid-Xer
03-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Ah yes. I didn't understand you. Cdippa hooked ya up.

goblueboy
03-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Check this thread:

i see his is for the "droid" wouldn't that be a different size for the droid x?

C Dippa
03-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Pretty sure he just means a pic of a droid, but its in the Droid X section. That resolution makes sense, since the DX resolution is 480x854. So 480x770 is the right width and 84 pixels shorter since there are images above it.

I'll test first if you'd like, but its easily fixable if its not right.

goblueboy
03-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Pretty sure he just means a pic of a droid, but its in the Droid X section. That resolution makes sense, since the DX resolution is 480x854. So 480x770 is the right width and 84 pixels shorter since there are images above it.

I'll test first if you'd like, but its easily fixable if its not right.

thanks for the info.

nwpilot
03-05-2011, 01:43 AM
Does anyone know if its possible to change the Icon for "Places" app and if it is where is the .PNG located on the phone?

I'm running Rubix 1.9.7 focused with NinjaMorph....I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Droid-Xer
03-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know if its possible to change the Icon for "Places" app and if it is where is the .PNG located on the phone?

I'm running Rubix 1.9.7 focused with NinjaMorph....I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance

Places should be in system/app

wapaseeto
03-10-2011, 12:37 AM
sigh. i'm a complete dumba** i cant do anything

Droid-Xer
03-10-2011, 12:16 PM
sigh. i'm a complete dumba** i cant do anything

What's the issue

aju8483
03-11-2011, 12:12 AM
DX-er any idea on how to apply a custom background image for lockscreen ? sliders and eri banner I can change but background image I cannot seem to find a way to apply. Any idea? is this in an xml file or something?

PS.. Everyone else I know about widgetlocker etc etc etc... I dont want an app I want to know if there is guide on how to do with by modding / applying with ninja or metamorph etc. Thanks for help in advance

Basis
03-11-2011, 01:04 AM
DX-er any idea on how to apply a custom background image for lockscreen ? sliders and eri banner I can change but background image I cannot seem to find a way to apply. Any idea? is this in an xml file or something?

PS.. Everyone else I know about widgetlocker etc etc etc... I dont want an app I want to know if there is guide on how to do with by modding / applying with ninja or metamorph etc. Thanks for help in advance

Yeah I would like to know this too. I have widgetlocker but would rather just know what .pngs to change out.

Droid-Xer
03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
The sliders can be modded however you want but don't use Ninjamorph to do it as it doesn't work real well. The lockscreen is like 3 or 4 xml files so I'm assuming somewhere in there you can edit the background. As far as background for the banner (I think you mean where it says Verizon Wireless??) just edit an image that fits in the status_bar_header_bakground.9.png

VivaLaPrimo
03-11-2011, 04:56 PM
I have a firm understanding of MetaMorph, and i have just created a threat with instructions and some websites to grab working themes (.ZIP) How is NinjaMorph different from MetaMorph? are they two apps which do the same thing differently? (Flashing themes?) Also, as someone who does not create themes, but finds ones i really like and flash them, do you have any websites or resources you recommend? i.e. DroidPirate.com has endless amounts of MetaMorph themes specifically for Droid X's, do you know of any other source like that?
Thanks a lot.

Droid-Xer
03-11-2011, 08:15 PM
We don't promote said site because he gives out certain paid apps for free. Just the site name is not what android is about.

Anyway, you can use any theme. Go to droidforums.net and pull any of those themes you want. A png is a png

aju8483
03-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Viva... you said you created a thread with instructions? Can you post the link to that thread?

scorpio333
03-12-2011, 10:53 AM
We don't promote said site because he gives out certain paid apps for free. Just the site name is not what android is about.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I don't find that to be true. Perhaps I'm missing something? There is a section on his site about DMCA and an explanation that the name is just a name and not related to piracy.

Now as far as using Metamorph zips with Ninjamorph...just download the metamorph theme, unzip and get the png's. Now you can use Ninjamorph to replace the png's. I don't use metamorph, but it seems to me that Ninjamorph gives you a little more control by replacing specific png's rather than groups of png's.

Droid-Xer
03-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Metamorph does the same thing just as an install zip. But I do prefer ninjamorph as I like more control over it. And yes, not sure its still there, but he takes others work and doesn't give credit AND he's had a section where he would have paid apks for download for free.

rdtournay
03-18-2011, 03:01 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/4b9124ed-ae5f-5585.jpgIis there a way to turn my Font only in the tabs to white?
Running blueberryX and it's black on black.

Droid-Xer
03-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Not with Ninjamorph that I know of.

stryker
03-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for these instructions. This worked like a champ. After I did it a few times I understand now. At first I was like I dunno about this, but its awesome! Now I can make my own hybrid theme. I changed a few icons so far from one theme, then the notification pull down from another. :-)

Swyped from my rubiX focused Droid X

Droid-Xer
03-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for these instructions. This worked like a champ. After I did it a few times I understand now. At first I was like I dunno about this, but its awesome! Now I can make my own hybrid theme. I changed a few icons so far from one theme, then the notification pull down from another. :-)

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you. I will be updating the thread soon with some more tips and tricks you can do with ninjamorph. So be sure to check back!

stryker
03-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Question. I can't find the png's for the menu options or when you go to the settings menu of your phone. They are themed because I'm running mysterious beast theme. Just wondering if they are in a different place or not? Cause I want to make an attemp to change them.

Droid-Xer
03-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Settings will be in data/apps not in the framework

stryker
03-27-2011, 06:38 PM
So,i needed to extract the apk were these images are then correct? Still can't locate them. been looking in the place your told me. Only 1 or 2 of them are there. I attached two pics of the menu icons I'm trying to locate. They are black and white in the pics. I would like to swap them with out flashing to the themes icons i want to use.http://184.72.239.143/mu/473cec5b-bc35-2017.jpghttp://184.72.239.143/mu/473cec5b-bc49-4e49.jpg

The persuader
03-27-2011, 09:10 PM
Hey Their DXer...How Ya Doing...How ya Been...?

HOw are those Kids of yours doing...?

Question....Ninjamorph...I tried to use it and its said...No room on my SD Card...which is true...however...what are my option...does it have to be on a SD Card to use...Just asking because I really dont know...

Thanks Captain...

Its Bubba...

stryker
03-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Found them, they were under the ic_menu section of the res folder. Still didn't find the main settings icons yet though.

Droid-Xer
03-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Found them, they were under the ic_menu section of the res folder. Still didn't find the main settings icons yet though.

Main settings is :

New project->data->app->settings apk

Droid-Xer
03-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey Their DXer...How Ya Doing...How ya Been...?

HOw are those Kids of yours doing...?

Question....Ninjamorph...I tried to use it and its said...No room on my SD Card...which is true...however...what are my option...does it have to be on a SD Card to use...Just asking because I really dont know...

Thanks Captain...

Its Bubba...

Hey Bub! All is well! You weren't connected to your pc were you?? Ninjamorph doesn't require much room.

The persuader
03-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Nope just my phone...

stryker
03-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks! Can't stop messing around with stuff now. Bout to attemp the dialer. Doing this one by one is pretty time consuming though. Its how you learn I guess. :-)

Droid-Xer
03-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Nope just my phone...

Hmmn Damn bubba! You maxed out your sd already?

The persuader
03-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi DXer...
I probably have more Crap on my Card then most...I'm sure...I do believe I have some room..not much tho...any options like creating another file or do most run more efficiently on an SD Card...

Droid-Xer
03-27-2011, 11:06 PM
No you'll have to erase something to make room. Ninjamorph creates a folder on your sd to store the project you're working and also a backup. Thats why it needs the room. Time for some spring cleaning bubba!

The persuader
03-27-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks DXer...just what I need Spring Cleaning...HaHaHa...:)

I just got my Spring Enema Cleaning doing 3 SBF's for the Month of March...I am not sure...I am Springed Out...:thinking: I know... :work2:**&^^&** Cleaning....I think I am going to Knock Out DXer...Naaa I cant I need him to bale me out of all the crap I get myself into...I Love DXer...

Droid-Xer
03-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Lmao! Damn bubba! 3 SBFs?? You're a pro now!

DThomp
03-28-2011, 11:02 AM
To change the icons in the settings menu page is
system, app, settings_apk

Droid-Xer
03-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Doh! Good catch dthomp. My mistake.

sephtin
03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/4b9124ed-ae5f-5585.jpgIis there a way to turn my Font only in the tabs to white?
Running blueberryX and it's black on black.

Tons of guides out there to do this.. I'll throw you a couple..

To get terminology correct.. I usually use this for examples:
http://www.absolutelyandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Notification-Screen-Tweaks-A.png

Note that what you want to change:
--Items Title
--Items Text
--Items Time

And second section here (2. Notifications):
[TUTORIAL] Where to find the colors for making a theme - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=831715)

Should give you an idea of how to do this. It's not for the feint of heart..
If you have troubles with it, I would inquire on that thread, or another thread where a guide to do this is posted (IE: Not here.. as this thread is for ninjamorph)...

Hope it helps though. :)

stryker
03-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Found all the images I wanted to change. I'm gonna attemp the dialer or maybe the lockscreen sliders. Thanks for the help guys.

Droid-Xer
03-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Cool cool

Droid-Xer
03-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Post #3 finally updated

scorpio333
03-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Post #3 finally updated

Awesome. Love the banner edit. Quick and clean.

xDX_Haven_XDx
04-01-2011, 07:05 PM
OK Ive spent the better part of the afternoon switching out my notification icons. GREAT instruction BTW. I HAVENT read the whole thread so sorry if im repeating something D-Xer already posted.

So i was after Changing the button indicators (stock green) on the power management widget. Looked every where in the framework-res.apk. Spent hours cooling at everything in there. So i started to fish aroind in other areas of the System fle and came upon the APP folder. Opened up The one named SETTINGS.apk And low and behold THERE THEY WERE!! In the RES file of the app.apk. Everything including the Icon.

So to Get these done you have to first extract the particular RES for the app from your chosen Theme. Same way D-X describes in the OP. I suggest you make a new folder, in the Android Themes folder, and call it the App your working on. It will try to over write any other RES file in there.

Then open NINJAMORPH, click NEW PROJECT. Scroll down and click on SYSTEM folder, click APP, then choose the app you want to work on (i.e. Browser), the apps current info will be extracted.

Then just go through the same steps click --->RES --->DRAWABLE-HDPI

NOTE: DO NOT RUN THE .APK THROUGH ZIPALIGN WHEN ASKED. I did this on the settings one the first time and the phone didnt like it. Could have just been Rubix but when i said no the second time it worked fine.

I now have my red button indicators!!

Thanks to D-Xer for the OP to get me pointed in the right direction.

Droid-Xer
04-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Glad it worked. I'll be adding another miniaddition regarding editing apks. I've never had an issue zipaligning apks on any rom. Although it is redundant because all ROMs zipalign on boot. All system apps are in system/apps and user apps are in data/apps

xDX_Haven_XDx
04-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Glad it worked. I'll be adding another miniaddition regarding editing apks. I've never had an issue zipaligning apks on any rom. Although it is redundant because all ROMs zipalign on boot. All system apps are in system/apps and user apps are in data/apps

Im sure i managed to slip up on a step somewhere. Ill do it on the next one to see for sure.

JNEHAMA
04-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I tried using your tutorial last night to try and replace the status bar background on gingerbread rubix with no luck. I tried the status bar background.png in framework-res, and the status bar header background. 9png in SystemUI.apk. No luck with either. I'm relatively new to this but the replacing pngs part I get. I understand that colors etc need to be xml file editing which is beyond me. I did manage to change the verizon wireless banner through eri. Xml. Any ideas as to which pngs to switch out. Preferably I would like to change the status bar, and the pull down notifications. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Droid-Xer
04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
I didnt have much luck when I was on gingerbread. The pngs are in different areas so I'm not much help as to where they are located. As far as i know the staus bar is in systemui

ddbennett21
04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
If I just want to remove the clock and battery status icons from my notification bar altogether, can I just take out the appropriate .png's and not replace them? Or will this cause problems? I'm rooted, got a nandroid backup, and running the stock rom. Thanks

Droid-Xer
04-11-2011, 11:14 AM
No theres a mod for that. If you just delete the pngs then the space will remain. Just do a search on removing the battery icon. I believe its here.

ddbennett21
04-11-2011, 12:38 PM
What do you mean the "space will remain"?

The only mod I see for it is for people with the Liberty rom, is that what you are referring to? Or is there a way to do it with the stock rom?

Sorry if I missed this info during my search.

Thanks!

Droid-Xer
04-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I think theres a way to edit out the clock, battery, and 3g bars. What I mean by the space will remain is that the other icons wont move over because it will still "see" the icon there. You would just be deleting the image, not the actual space being used. Give me a few and I'll find it...

Droid-Xer
04-11-2011, 06:16 PM
See if this helps. [HOW-TO] Hide various Icons from the Status Bar - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=780614)

Droid Diggler
04-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Hello. I'm trying to change my 3g icons to 4g lte icons. I followed the steps to the t but for some reason they're not applying. Does ninjamorph not work with Gingerbread? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Droid Diggler
04-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Ninjamorph says all done at the end but never reboots. I tried rebooting it myself immediately after it says all done. When it reboots it still has 3g icons? I'm at a loss. Oh yeah, I'm using the free version if that makes any difference.

Droid-Xer
04-11-2011, 09:08 PM
You need to edit the systemui.apk Its in system/apps

Droid Diggler
04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Within ninjamorph or somewhere else?

Droid-Xer
04-11-2011, 09:15 PM
in ninjamorph. new project/system/apps/systemui or it might just be system/systemui

Droid Diggler
04-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Ok I Found it. When I touch it says extracting. If I open it up in I can see the 4g icons in there. What do I have to edit?

Droid Diggler
04-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Ok It worked. Thanks man your da bomb. :-)

Droid-Xer
04-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Cool cool. Glad ya got it!

ddbennett21
04-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Cool, thanks!

So instead of using the method from the link you provided, I can just remove the .png's for the clock and battery and it will basically hide the image of those? If that's the case that's fine, I don't mind if there is just blank white space where they 'used to be'. Thanks

Droid-Xer
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
It should work. I haven't tried it. Just have a backup in case you have issues. You can long press the png and delete

ddbennett21
04-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Cool, so I deleted the battery status pngs and it worked!

Where are the clock and AM/PM pngs, I can't find them? Thanks!

Droid-Xer
04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Thats in an xml file. Not sure where though. I don't believe you can edit it with ninjamorph

ddbennett21
04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Blast. Do any of the roms come with the option of removing the notification icons and clock built into them or does everyone that has changed or removed their icons or clock used Ninjamorph and that Clock removal mod?

Droid-Xer
04-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Theres a clock removal mod for every rom out.

kramerica
04-22-2011, 12:27 PM
I have this posted over in Android Forums but am not having much luck there.

I am tring to change out my stat gmail notification through Ninjamorph Pro and am having no luck whatsoever. I have tried changing it out in framework res and the gmail apk.

Also with the gmail apk, I cannot make any changes to the menu icons either. I should mention I'm on .588 deodexed and can change whatever I need out, except the gmail.apk.

Droid-Xer
04-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Hmm I know ninjamorph doesn't work too well or can be picky on gingerbread. I'm not on gingerbread so I can't attempt troubleshooting. Have you looked in systemui.apk?

kramerica
04-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Hmm I know ninjamorph doesn't work too well or can be picky on gingerbread. I'm not on gingerbread so I can't attempt troubleshooting. Have you looked in systemui.apk?

Yeah, it's not in there. Oddly it just seems to be gmail. I was able to make modifications in systemui, framework, dock, dock services, 3rd party apps etc. so it leads me to think it's more gmail thing. I've tried to resign, reinstall, etc but I can't get it to work at all. The status notication images are in framework and gmail but changing one or the other or both doesn't work either.

Droid-Xer
04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Have you looked in system apps for the gmail. Maybe there's one there.

DThomp
04-22-2011, 08:29 PM
I had zero luck with Ninjamorph on the blur gb. Then I went to liberty FBI and ninjamorph works like it should. I tried all combinations of deodex available and nothing till liberty.

kramerica
04-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh yeah, gmail.apk is in there. It just seems to only be customizable with a couple icons. For example I swapped out the reply,reply all, forward buttons as well as the draft and send icons. The menu icons will not change and of course the actual system notification.

Droid-Xer
04-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Ya its hit and miss

Quicksilver7714
04-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks Xer. This will be very helpful. I just subscribed.

Droid-Xer
04-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Cool cool! Hopefully it helps!

Quicksilver7714
04-22-2011, 11:59 PM
It will once I read it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kramerica
04-23-2011, 11:42 AM
I had zero luck with Ninjamorph on the blur gb. Then I went to liberty FBI and ninjamorph works like it should. I tried all combinations of deodex available and nothing till liberty.

It almost seems like it HAS to be the deodex.

Isn't Liberty blurless? I hate to admit that I actually like the new blur. I came from Apex (which was AWESOME imho).

stryker
04-24-2011, 01:11 AM
I got a question? I'm on liberty gingerbread that I flashed from liberty 2.0. I changed my battery icons by accident in the toolbox. How do I get the stock ones back? Do I just flash the liberty zip again without a wipe? Or won't that work cuz I came from froyo?

Swyped with some libertybread in the toaster.

stryker
04-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Ninja morph works on liberty ginger. But mine force close loops and I have to do a battery pull. When I boot back up tha changes are made. Don't know why the force closes when I'm finishing a project.its weird.

Swyped with some libertybread in the toaster.

Droid-Xer
04-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Ninjamorph and gb act weird together. If it works for you then awesome. To get the stock icons back normally you just flash the ROM again, not sure it would work with the ginger zip though.

stryker
04-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Ninjamorph and gb act weird together. If it works for you then awesome. To get the stock icons back normally you just flash the ROM again, not sure it would work with the ginger zip though.

I don't know if I should try our not? Its not a normal rom for .588, both zips are updates to .588. The worst that could happen is I'd have to sbf to froyo, restore my backup, and flash the zip again. I'm gonna try it. I'll tel you what happens.

stryker
04-24-2011, 09:15 AM

I got scared to flash the whole zip in case it screwed up. Cause I've not had to sbf yet. so I just extracted the framework of the libertyGB zip and ninjamorphed the battery icons back in. I just reversed what I did pretty much.

Droid-Xer
04-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Cool cool. Glad ya got it w/o issues!

FromIncredibletoDroidX
04-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Can somebody help me replicate the icons in the link below?

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i425/JokerJoe1/snap20110311_140558.png

Just the battery, Signal bars/3G sign. In orange or blue! Im on Rubix Focused 2.0.1. Please!!!!!

Thanks!!

Droid-Xer
04-25-2011, 03:02 AM
This isn't a request thread. But if there in a screenshot then someone used a themes, so just pull them from there. I have them in my orangeX theme for apex. Search for it in the themes section.

shawn
04-26-2011, 12:40 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefdd4a4-f5d1-5270.jpg
I've changed out this yahoo icon in system/app/bluryahoo.apk the new icon is staying in the apk but wont change on notification bar does any one know if there is another system apk that controls this one

Droid-Xer
04-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Is there a yahoo.apk in data/app?

shawn
04-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Yea but when I change icons in it the phone no longer reads it as a app it disapears from the draw tb and the application list in settings
Edit so I removed it since it was the mail app from the market so now I only have the stock yahoo

Droid-Xer
04-26-2011, 10:18 PM
You just reboot and the app should reappear.

shawn
04-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Done that and it dosent

shawn
04-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Every market app I ninjamorph does this but works fine when I do system apps

Droid-Xer
04-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Hmmm. It would do that on froyo with system apps but not user apps. Lol Normally a reboot would bring it back.

WillMiii
04-27-2011, 09:14 PM
I just installed ninjamorph but before beginning new project it needs to perform a system check in which it states could not extract, please make sure you have enough free space in/system. Any ideas?

Gingerbread: not just a x-mas treat!

shawn
04-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Just back out restart ninja morp let it check again unless you are low on space on your sd card allways works for me

JNEHAMA
04-27-2011, 09:58 PM
I just installed ninjamorph but before beginning new project it needs to perform a system check in which it states could not extract, please make sure you have enough free space in/system. Any ideas?

Sometimes the only way I get it to start is to go into settings / applications /manage apps and to force close ninjamorph and then it starts just fine.

WillMiii
04-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Should I move all my apps from sd card back to phone to free space? Does it work on gingerbread-i only have rooted 3 part file version from tbh.

shawn
04-27-2011, 10:31 PM
That's what IM on. I think ninja checks for a min of 20 megs. if you do framework mods don't zipalighn I get fcs every time I do

WillMiii
04-27-2011, 10:49 PM
I have 5.62gb free on sd card and 6.17gb free for application storage. What's the deal with this ninjamorph?

JNEHAMA
04-27-2011, 10:51 PM
It's fussy especially on gingerbread. Did you try the force close. That usually works for me.

WillMiii
04-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Yeah I tried force closing it but still have the same problem. Guess it wasn't meant for me to remove my stock battery icon.

WillMiii
04-27-2011, 11:09 PM
I got it working. My application protection app was disabling it from starting up.

JNEHAMA
04-28-2011, 12:41 AM
I got it working. My application protection app was disabling it from starting up.

Glad you figured it out.

FromIncredibletoDroidX
04-28-2011, 01:01 AM
I was trying to follow your easy change icons via ninjamorh instructions and I get an error right away when I try to extract the theme using Astrofile manager. It says:

"Copy Error
java.io.filenotfoundexception::/mnt/sdcard/orange/orangslice_dx(newrb10??zip/system (no such file or directory)"

I tried to re-download the file but the same error occured, is the file just bad? People have installed this theme so idk why it wouldnt work.

Thanks.

Droid-Xer
04-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Download again.

FromIncredibletoDroidX
04-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Download again.

I already tried that....

Droid-Xer
04-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Its saying its not found and there's no diectory. What folder do you have the zip in

FromIncredibletoDroidX
04-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Its saying its not found and there's no diectory. What folder do you have the zip in

I downloaded it on my comp, and transfered the zip to a folder i created for it.

Droid-Xer
04-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Do you have a mac? Macs will sometimes unzip the download. Ensure you're moving the full zip

WillMiii
04-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Quick question-i am currently on gb 588 and rooted but not deodexed. In order to change any icons in my status bar do I need to have deodexed version? Also any blue stock battery icons in zip format out there to flash onto my phone.? The green battery icon throws off my blue gb status bar menu

Droid-Xer
04-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Its always best to be deodexed if you're going to theme. There will be issues with some modifications if you don't.

brandonXabbott
04-30-2011, 11:29 AM
i know this sounds bad, but where do i find icons to use ninja morph with?
hahaa

shawn
04-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Just search forums for icons or download a bunch of theme zips to tear apart

bignasty407
05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
where can i find unlock icons and such ?

bignasty407
05-03-2011, 04:03 PM
anyone use ninjamorph with apex for gb?

Droid-Xer
05-03-2011, 07:10 PM
There a guide to modifying widget locker and there are some sliders and unlock icons there

crodgers0618
06-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Last night I finally got brave and tried to use ninjamorph and thanks to your instructions it was really easy. But I have a question after I changed some stuff it then rebooted and I'm running darkslide by the way and I noticed I got my black market back. How did that happen? If you know. And how would I stop it from updating back to green? Also if you know. Thanks in advance for any help.

Darkslide X with Netflix

Droid-Xer
06-04-2011, 02:57 AM
You can stop it from updating by going to market updater in Titanium Backup and freezing it. As far as how ya got it back, i'm not sure. Could be because you edited the framework the stock market couldn't use it? O.o

crodgers0618
06-04-2011, 03:51 AM
Cool thanks

Darkslide X with Netflix

Droid-Xer
06-05-2011, 03:03 AM
No problemo

crodgers0618
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey Xer got another question. Do you know of any themes with some cool red stuff to rip out for the notification bar? If so do I follow the same steps our would it need to be named different in the android themes file? Thanks

Darkslide X with Netflix

Droid-Xer
06-07-2011, 05:46 PM
There's executive red by carlz28 and 928droid theme. Pull from them like normal.

gbfree25
06-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Hello, this is directed @ Droid-Xer or anyone that could help? I'm new with alot of things, I have droidx rooted gingerbread .596 I've downloaded ninjamorph and hexeditor off the app market an i followed the steps on how to change verizon banner until i get to step 9 then it gets too confusing and was wondering if anyone can simplifie it a little more? as far as i know i dont have to be hooked up to a pc while doing this process.

gbfree25
06-29-2011, 09:16 PM
hi, sorry maybe i'm just not getting it. when i get to number 56 and click on ascII is see a green letter "V" so would i type for example: my first name then 20 for space then last name then 20 20 20 until i get to number 73?

Droid-Xer
07-03-2011, 10:40 PM
you change each letter to whatever you want. use 20 for spaces. im not sure about what number that ends at but it should be a total of 16 characters.

imna357
08-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks a lot guys, learn how to used this thing now...am i late in thanking you?

psykotikz
09-13-2011, 01:18 AM
I don't know if anyone even comes on this thread anymore but is there a list with the names of the icon pngs so we can just name all the ones we want and dump them in one shot?

shawn
09-13-2011, 08:26 AM
not sure if theres a list or not

stryker
09-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Hey got a question? Were is the lockscreen wallpaper at? Is it in the framework.apk file? I can't seem to locate it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

=(.SSM.602.v3.)=

shawn
09-19-2011, 08:31 PM
That I don't know but there is a write up on it somewhere on dxf saw it about a month ago

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Droid-Xer
09-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Its in framework-res.apk and its the zz_moto_gradient_bg.png

stryker
09-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Its in framework-res.apk and its the zz_moto_gradient_bg.png

Thanks that was it. I got another question. Were is the power control widget background image located at? I can't seem to locate it. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing. I need to use the background image for something else.

=(.shuji.2.2.)=

crodgers0618
09-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Anyone have a theme with a green 4g in it or know where I can find one?

Sent from the Darkslide

shawn
09-24-2011, 05:03 PM
If you have something like paint.net its a free program for the PC you can take the PNG and recolor or adjust the hue and saturation
I think I still have paint.net in my dropbox if ya want to check the link in my sig

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

xDX_Haven_XDx
09-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Hey D-Xer. I'm running on .605 now. Trying to run an app.apk to change my power widget indicators. Doing the same thing as I did back on froyo. Only now the png isn't changing after I chose the new one. Have tried with both debug on and off. Tried reinstalling with no joy. You got any ideas or suggestions on what I might be missing?

C Dippa
09-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Try selecting existing project > copy files > back > finish project. Usually have better luck with images sticking that way on GB...

xDX_Haven_XDx
09-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Try selecting existing project > copy files > back > finish project. Usually have better luck with images sticking that way on GB...

Not really sure what you mean.

C Dippa
09-29-2011, 01:15 AM
After you've made your changes, instead of just finishing the project, try it that way.

So, if you've already swapped some images, see if that will make them stick.

xDX_Haven_XDx
09-29-2011, 01:55 AM
The problem isn't with the finishing its with the actual swap. I select the 2 images and confirm. Go to do the next one and the first one hasn't changed.

kn0wsk1ll
09-29-2011, 02:47 AM
great guide :D thank you

Droid-Xer
10-01-2011, 05:24 AM
The problem isn't with the finishing its with the actual swap. I select the 2 images and confirm. Go to do the next one and the first one hasn't changed.

Are you using pngs you made?

xDX_Haven_XDx
10-04-2011, 09:29 PM
No. Using a blue GB theme I downloaded. This one...
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/gingerbread-themes/28591-theme-bluebread-v1-2-last-full-version-bluebread.html

Just tried a current version and still no joy.