PDA

View Full Version : School me about getting MP3s and placing 'em on my X, wouldya?

WU10droidX
12-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I used to use Napster to transfer MP3s to my Sansa Fuze and liked it just fine. I got the X and wanted to kill two birds with one stone. Rhapsody looked good so I installed it and loaded up my playlist. Problem is, where I sit at work is obstructed from telephone signals and I can't use Rhapsody. I've still got my Fuze and it works just fine but it's not Bluetooth and I would LOVE to use my X at work instead.

What other Napster-like program or process would you recommend instead of Rhapsody?

smalltowngirl13
12-03-2010, 02:26 PM
There is a Napster app in the market - it allows you to store some music on your SD card.

Sent from my DX

killathrilla
12-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Im not sure if your talking loaded mp3's on the sd card or streaming them.
If you have mp'3 on your sd card i would recommended buying "power amp" and creating folders, in place of playlist's. Its the way the app works and i actually love it!

WU10droidX
12-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Napster downloads the songs to my Fuze and I can play them regardless of where I am. But it won't work with the X.
Rhapsody works on the X but streams over the network so, when there's no signal, I get no music.

I want to find a service that is like Napster, but compatable with the X, and which I can use to search for songs and download them directly to my SD card so I can hear 'em at work.

Help me Obi Wan, etc.

smalltowngirl13
12-06-2010, 12:17 PM
The Napster app in the Market ( Napster - Android app on AppBrain (http://www.appbrain.com/app/napster/com.napster.bishop) ) indicates that you can save music to the SD card...is that what you want?

WU10droidX
12-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I'd read that the Napster App sucks so I had already counted it out. Just checked the review on the Market and it has apparently gotten better :O) I'll have to give it a try...

Droid-Xer
12-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Just search mp3 download on the market. I use ultimate mp3