PDA

View Full Version : New root. Can't access "Accounts"

jbrandona119
12-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Hey guys. I'm trying to sync my facebook with my contacts, and I can't access the accounts settings. It closes itself whenever I try and open it. I just rooted to rubix blurred and installed the revolution theme. What should I do? I tried searching google and stuff but came up with no answer.

Also, any way to stop the default texting app from recieving messages? It doesn't notify me, but now the app I use always says I received 2 when it's actually one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

jbrandona119
12-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Fixed the issue by switching to black glass theme. Now is there any way to only have one SMS client running? I get one text and the 2 texting appz open them up and stuff.

jbrandona119
12-05-2010, 02:51 AM
I hate double and triple posting, but I would really like to know of there is a solution for receiving double texts. Thanks!

trenton
12-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Go into the settings of the txt app you don't want to notify and turn notifications off

jbrandona119
12-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I thought that would work, but it didn't. I unchecked auto retrieve and notifications and I still get 2 messages a person in which ever app I am using.

psychotic_penguin
12-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Are you rooted? What messaging apps do you have installed more information please.

jbrandona119
12-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I am rooted with the current rubix release. I think the texting apps came with the ROM and the black glass theme, because I did not install any other ones. One is called text messaging (little open envelope as the shortcut pic) and the other is called messaging.

psychotic_penguin
12-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Do you have Titanium Backup installed? If not get it in the Market and freeze the messaging app you don't use.

Palooko
12-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I have the same problem and when I freeze the stock messaging app so I can solely use chomp sms, I stop receiving texts altogether...scoured the net looking for answer. Really annoying getting double texts almost every time...my next step is to uninstall chomp and see if I still get double texts, even though I donated 5 bucks already...meh.
Starting to think this is a network problem...
Droid X Overclocked Rooted via z4root with Apex v1.2