PDA

View Full Version : Put a bluetooth radio in my car.

renthorin
12-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Specifically, this one: Clarion U.S.A. | CX609 (http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2010/audio/source_units/double_din/CX609/us-en-product-pf_1259392720983.html)

Wanted to rock to all the songs on my X and not be tied to an audio or MP3 CD.

It has the 3.5mm Aux Input on the front but with the X, I'm hooked to it via blue tooth.

It paired well and the track controls work exactly like my BT headsets.

I have NOT been successful in transferring the phone book from the X to the radio but I haven't really played around with it much.

I have had one phone call while in the car and it is awesome to hear the person in all 7 speakers and then have them hear me via the optional mic I mounted above the radio.

Anywho....thought I would share my happiness :)

Will

smalltowngirl13
12-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Wow! Looks nice and congrats!! Isn't it funny what the X makes us buy :)...LOL

jloya
12-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Specifically, this one: Clarion U.S.A. | CX609 (http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2010/audio/source_units/double_din/CX609/us-en-product-pf_1259392720983.html)

Wanted to rock to all the songs on my X and not be tied to an audio or MP3 CD.

It has the 3.5mm Aux Input on the front but with the X, I'm hooked to it via blue tooth.

It paired well and the track controls work exactly like my BT headsets.

I have NOT been successful in transferring the phone book from the X to the radio but I haven't really played around with it much.

I have had one phone call while in the car and it is awesome to hear the person in all 7 speakers and then have them hear me via the optional mic I mounted above the radio.

Anywho....thought I would share my happiness :)

Will

Im right there with you :)

I have a pioneer that does the same thing, however my phone book does not sync as well not a huge deal though

pandora bumping over bluetooth and anyone in the car can be the dj since there is no wirrreeesssss

smalltowngirl13
12-03-2010, 09:09 AM
@ jloya which Pioneer stereo do you have - I have one and I am able to sync my phonebook...it took a bit but it finally worked (I think I had to delete all my BT setups for headsets)...

renthorin
12-03-2010, 09:22 AM
stg - so you had other devices paired to the X and it wouldn't let you sync phonebook...then you unpaired all but the radio...and it did? I can try that with the Clarion

smalltowngirl13
12-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Yes - that is what I did. I was then able to repair my h17txt headset to the X and all was fine...

Also, when you are pairing with your radio - are you initiating the pair thru the X or the radio...I think (this has been a while) but I had to pair thru the radio (let it find the X vs what seems normal and letting the X find the radio)....

renthorin
12-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't remember how I paired last night (it was too long ago) but it only worked one way. The phone is happily paired, just never transferring the phonebook.

I poked around the web and some people say it can take from 15-30 minutes for a large phonebook to pair. I gave my X 3 minutes :)

Maybe I'll be more patient and I have since unpaired my 2 BT headsets so I'll try again :)

jloya
12-03-2010, 09:38 AM
@ jloya which Pioneer stereo do you have - I have one and I am able to sync my phonebook...it took a bit but it finally worked (I think I had to delete all my BT setups for headsets)...

ummm honeslty its been so long since i put it in I dont remember, I think its a pioneer 7800 or something along those lines, single din stereo

smalltowngirl13
12-03-2010, 09:51 AM
I have the AVIC series with the built in GPS (like I am ever lost LOL :))...but I am pleased with it...

Sorry Will - hijacked your thread :)...keep up posted on your phonebook transfer - maybe give it 5 minutes this time :) LOL...

jloya
12-03-2010, 10:03 AM
illl mess around with it a bit next time i drive my car, ive been neglecting the car and riding the motorcycle everyday :P

renthorin
12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
well I let it "receive" for almost 45 minutes and nada :(

Not a big deal. The phone is in a cradle in the lower left corner of the windshield so I can see who is calling. Still nice to have the call hands-free :)

I'm getting beat up on the Vibe forum for not posting a picture so as long as I snapped one.....5201

smalltowngirl13
12-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Looks nice! I owned a vibe briefly - I drive alot for work & I had to give up my pickup for better gas mileage...it didn't last long - maybe 3 months...I traded it for a Tahoe...

Sent from my DX

renthorin
12-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I needed something that got over 30 mpg (Blazer wasn't) and could hold two full-size dog crates. The Vibe isn't classy but thanks to the X it is loud and rockin! :)

smalltowngirl13
12-03-2010, 04:09 PM
LOL...I hear ya...music makes it all good!

Sent from my DX

renthorin
12-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Well I finally got my contacts to sync to the radio. It took about 30 minutes but this time I had a progress bar to monitor. I had to unhide the "contacts" application. Once in there, I could select which contact to "share name cards" and then, after checking the ones I wanted, selected "via bluetooth". Had to set my radio to 'receive' and away they went.

The sad news is that while I can search and make calls from the radio via its new address book (why would I when the phone is right there too) it does NOT recognize the callers when they call in. I still see them on the phone in the windshield cradle so no biggie.

Will

renthorin
03-16-2011, 09:08 AM
With the most recent change to PoweAmp...I can now ff and rw through songs instead of just having to go to the next or start of track :)