PDA

View Full Version : Custom Lockscreen with 2.2 sliders?

POMF2K
12-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Just wondering if there really is a way to customize the 2.2 lockscreen. I've seen a lot of related discussions on this and other forums, but not exactly what I'm looking for. What I seek is:

- Ability to hide the notification bar
- Ability to change hideous clock font
- Ability to change or remove "verizon wireless" banner
- Must keep the 2.2 sliders
- Must retain ability to use pattern lock

I have tried WidgetLocker and was not impressed. I couldn't use the pattern lock (after x minutes) in conjunction with it. Also despite a multitude of slider options there was no 2.2 slider. I cannot express more how much I HATED the girly, bubbly, hideous green 2.1 sliders.

MrSpeed3
12-02-2010, 11:41 PM
this what i have on mine i replace my stock 2.2 with R2D2 lock screen using metamorph 5188

POMF2K
12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
this what i have on mine i replace my stock 2.2 with R2D2 lock screen using metamorph 5188

Don't know what this metamorph is. . . but I'll try it.

psychotic_penguin
12-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Make sure before you make any modifications to your phone you do a backup....ask Hollywood about his adventure with MetaMorph

POMF2K
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Make sure before you make any modifications to your phone you do a backup....ask Hollywood about his adventure with MetaMorph

I'll be uninstalling it now in that case. At least until I have time to make a backup. Don't know how as I've never done it.

I'm running 2.2 OTA and I'm rooted, but aside from that I haven't flashed any roms or anything of that nature. Never felt a need to backup. I do however use titanium backup, love it.

MrSpeed3
12-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Ive never had any problems with Metamorph.

Here is a link that will help you with recoveries.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/10136-rooolers-guide-root-backup-roms-2-2-ota.html

I got my lock screen from Droid-life.com, here is the link
R2-D2 Lock Screen Ported to DROID2 and DROIDX - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog (http://www.droid-life.com/2010/10/01/r2-d2-lock-screen-ported-to-droid2-and-droidx/)

Im also just running 2.2 OTA stock with root. All ive done was change my lock screen and battery icon. Nothing else (YET). Becareful with TiBack up since u might go from blur to a blurless rom and they wont play nice with each other once u restore ur apps and data.

Hope you read the guide on back ups they will be your best friend.
Good luck.