PDA

View Full Version : DX\D2 overclock app or jrummy

thewakka1
12-01-2010, 06:49 AM
I think im ready to buy one, anyone with some experience want to share some pros vs cons on these two apps? I have been using milestone and setCPU, but I want to,see more options. I need something very user friendly. Thanks droidx brothers

eric eakin
12-01-2010, 06:55 AM
just installed dx/d2..... still playing around with it!

Droid-Xer
12-01-2010, 07:18 AM
I use jrummys app. It seems a little more user friendly and he has constant updates to improve the GUI and overall performance of the app.

thewakka1
12-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Ok cool keep em comin

eric eakin
12-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Already uninstalled dx/d2 and am running jrummy right now, really like the interface and the potential extras. Also tried the free milestone overclock, worked but only went up to 1.3 mhz...

Droid-Xer
12-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Overclocking is not a gurantee. Chances are most phones will be in the 1.25ghz area. Few will be stable 1.45ghz and many will only be stable at 1.15 ghz.

bamfsig45
12-01-2010, 09:02 AM
I trust jrummy and his OC app is a thing of beauty.

My DX is currently at 1.3 lv and running flawlessly.

I did try the remove Market search history, but it didnt seem to work. No biggie though.

thewakka1
12-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Dont you u run the risk of messing the phone up going to high like 1.45 not to mention battery life . Or will it just reboot itself back to normal as long as you dont set to boot option.Does jrummys app have a way to move up mhz and lower voltage to find a sweet spot of speed and battery life. Do you stll use setCPU with jrummy

Droid-Xer
12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
I trust jrummy and his OC app is a thing of beauty.

My DX is currently at 1.3 lv and running flawlessly.

I did try the remove Market search history, but it didnt seem to work. No biggie though.

Use history eraser, free in market

Droid-Xer
12-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Dont you u run the risk of messing the phone up going to high like 1.45 not to mention battery life . Or will it just reboot itself back to normal as long as you dont set to boot option.Does jrummys app have a way to move up mhz and lower voltage to find a sweet spot of speed and battery life. Do you stll use setCPU with jrummy

As long as you dont "set at boot" it'll reboot into stock settings. With jrummys app it has a built in slider to adjust the frequency like setCPU, so you don't need it now. Battery life will suffer if you're overclockedand still at medium(stock) voltage. If you're able to undervolt and overclock, that would be the ideal setting.

eric eakin
12-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks droid-xer... was just searching that! ( oc and battery)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Droid-Xer
12-01-2010, 10:30 AM
No problemo.

bamfsig45
12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Just switched mine to 1.3 ULV and so far no reboots.

Droid-Xer
12-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Nice. Hopefully it'll stick.

thewakka1
12-01-2010, 01:50 PM
So if I decide to go with jrummy app will I still need Milestone or setCPU

Droid-Xer
12-01-2010, 02:45 PM
No you just need jrummys app.

RMM
12-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Jrummys latest update includes setcpu like features. E.g. profiles and manual scaling. I'm sure that these will continue to improve well into the future.

thewakka1
12-01-2010, 03:04 PM
so I can get rid of milestone and setCPU? When I download jrummys app will there be some kind of tutorial with it? And as long as I dont setf it to run on boot I should be fine to exoeriment. Then once I find a good setting I set it up to run at boot. Can anyone guide me throough the proceess of getting started. I am going to do a nackup then downoad and backup right after download completes, then its time to play

Droid-Xer
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Well if you already paid for setCPU then keep it. Anyhow, its pretty basic. Set scaling frequencies will change voltage and CPU speed. Don't set at boot until you know it works under all conditons.

thewakka1
12-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Droid-xer thanks I deleted setcpu and milestone and bought jrimmy. It looks really cool. I understand all phones are not the exXt same so I started out at setting 1125mhz, but I appreciate the help so far. Now im trying to decide on astro or root manager pro. Lready got both but thats another thread

Droid-Xer
12-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Droid-xer thanks I deleted setcpu and milestone and bought jrimmy. It looks really cool. I understand all phones are not the exXt same so I started out at setting 1125mhz, but I appreciate the help so far. Now im trying to decide on astro or root manager pro. Lready got both but thats another thread

Sounds good. Glad to help.

Pensacola32526
12-11-2010, 09:41 PM
In extras, miscellaneous, reboot options, I've been trying to do a bootstrap recovery. However, everytime I click on it, I get an error reading, "Major problem occured, please try again!" I've been trying over and over again with no luck. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Droid-Xer
12-11-2010, 10:04 PM
In extras, miscellaneous, reboot options, I've been trying to do a bootstrap recovery. However, everytime I click on it, I get an error reading, "Major problem occured, please try again!" I've been trying over and over again with no luck. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Just download Droid x bootstrap for free at My Brain Hurts (http://www.koushikdutta.com)

Pensacola32526
12-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Yes, been having success with Droid X Bootstrap. I guess that will have to be my alternative for now. However since Jrummy is a paid app, I would hope a fix is in the works or something...

cleopete
12-16-2010, 01:54 AM
I installed today on my DX, after updating to 2.3.340 and Apex 1.3. First it said it couldn't load the module and I should uninstall/reinstall. Fair enough, I did this and on reinstalling was told by the Market I had already received a refund and couldn't get another if I bought it again (didn't realize that's how you get a refund!). The new install loaded the module just fine, but selecting any frequency causes the phone to go black with the green LED on, and reboot without changing frequencies. I've found this problem in some D2 threads, but no solutions.

*Edit* I just learned from a Market comment: Go to Phone Settings|Applications|Manage Applications| click "Clear Data" then "Force Stop". Restart. Fixed me!

abadrs
12-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Couldnt get Jrummys to work either...But I didnt re buy the app...I figured it was dead. Im using milestone @ 1.15 is there another app with some different rom's ?

PS when you download bootstrap do u first download to pc then transfer to Droid ?

wicked
12-18-2010, 03:06 AM
Couldnt get Jrummys to work either...But I didnt re buy the app...I figured it was dead. Im using milestone @ 1.15 is there another app with some different rom's ?

PS when you download bootstrap do u first download to pc then transfer to Droid ?

You can download it to your phone or pc. If you download it to from your phone it should be in "download" folder in your SD card
If you download it to your pc, plug in phone via "usb mass storage" and place it on the root of your SD and then unmount and install from phone