PDA

View Full Version : Can i install 2.3.15 Roms on my Refurb phone that came with 2.3.151 whatever that is?

mx750
11-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Hey guys first time posting. Ive used the forms quite a bit since the Original droid. Last week I tried instaling the new Fitzgerald rom and bricked my phone and was low on battery so i was screwed. well i got a refurb phone and was going to start back in and then realized i have 2.3.151 which ive tried reading up on it and havent found much usefull info. My main question is can i put 2.3.15 roms on this or am i kinda just stuck for the mean time. Ive read some success stories of flashing back but probaby more failure stories so id like to not have to flash with this system? any help would be great

Abe21599
11-30-2010, 07:06 PM
no i believe they are the same thing.

mx750
11-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks I appreciate it.

AdamTomaino
12-02-2010, 07:49 AM
So when is 2.3.151 dropping for ota? do you notice anything different from 2.2? Sorry to hijack the tread but you are the first person i have heard of having this kernal?

mx750
12-02-2010, 11:17 PM
You know man im not really sure I just accidentally realized it was on there. I read somewhere the bootloader is 30.04 as well. I was planning on firing this phone up and just re rooting and putting custom roms back on and just by chance checked the about phone. I don't know much more about it. I was able to use z4root and was able to install drew garrens new fitzgeral 2.0 rom that just recently came out and its working fine. And this was built or intended for the 2.3.15 kernel. this probably isn't much help but that's about all I know. Also When activating my phone I asked the verizon rep they were of no assistance lol

nickelocene
12-03-2010, 09:05 AM
So when is 2.3.151 dropping for ota? do you notice anything different from 2.2? Sorry to hijack the tread but you are the first person i have heard of having this kernal?

The only difference I found was that the Picasa was separated from Google in "add account" and we also get Photobucket and Yahoo Mail in the account setup. My 3G signal seems improved a little, which helped lower the temperature about 5-7degree F after I play Pocket Legend for 15 minutes. But it still over 105F :). This 3G signal could be just a different phone thing though.