PDA

View Full Version : Deodexing and other queries.

Cincinnati
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Alright, I know theres a lot of threads about deodexing and black status bars, but I have a few things still need clearing up.
First of all I'm already rooted and I want the black status bar, so I need to deodex my phone, right? but before doing that I should make a backup of my phone using Droid X recovery boostrap, right? Then I can just go into rom manager and install the black status bar, right? :confused:

Oh, and by the way I'm referring to this guide http://www.mwd.com/2010/09/droid-x-credited-with-easy-deodexodex-by-928-droid/

Abe21599
11-28-2010, 08:49 PM
928 has a deodexer update/theme you can apply using the bootstrap which will deodex it for you.

check out rooolers guide on more on the whole process
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/10136-rooolers-guide-root-backup-roms-2-2-ota-2.html

Cincinnati
11-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Cool thanks, it's all working. By the way, ill lose my black status bar when I upgrade to gingerbread if it ever comes out, right?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid-Xer
11-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Probably. We'll have to wait and see with the OTA update.

Cincinnati
11-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the answers. Just one last Question: will I still be deodexed if for what ever reason I restore from my original backup in Droid x recovery Bootstrap?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wicked
11-29-2010, 12:33 AM
That all depends if you were deodexed already when you made the backup.
I suggest making anotther backup now and naming it deodexed if you havent made a backup since deodexing

Cincinnati
11-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Well, the deodexer I used themed me too. I don't wanna change the theme but id like to have a non themed, deodexed backup. Is that possible?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Droid-Xer
11-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Well, the deodexer I used themed me too. I don't wanna change the theme but id like to have a non themed, deodexed backup. Is that possible?

You would have to deodex manually, which is a little more involved than installing a zip file. There's a thread under the hacking subforum or it might be the theme subforum.

Cincinnati
11-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Oh, alright. There's no way to remove the theme and keep the deodex?

Droid-Xer
11-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Actually, (light bulb) 928droid also has a theme removal on his original post. And I believe this will remove the theme but keep you deodexed.

Cincinnati
11-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Fantastic. Thanks for the help.