PDA

View Full Version : Phone keeps booting into bootloader (restarts normally with "reboot system now")

PeaceMaker
11-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Hey guys,

So I had the Apex ROM installed on my phone. It was super speedy and very nice to use, however, it was just restarting all the time and wasn't stable. My friend was experiencing the same issues even after we both removed the overclock.

So I flashed back to my first backup that I made before I flashed to the new ROM (was stock 2.2 before). I was getting two different tones for my text messages and I double/triple/quadroople checked my notification sound settings in apps and within android, couldn't figure it out for the life of me. So I performed a factory reset... rebooted the phone--but it went right into the bootloader... so I hit "reboot system now," and all of a sudden I have a handfull of apps that I had prior to the factory reset... this is so weird. I maybe have like 10 apps from before, def not all of them.

Every time I reboot, I get the clockwork recovery bootloader. What is going on and how can I just flash back to stock android and start from scratch?

fraggy4
11-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm getting the same issues you are with the BigDXSerenity ROM, it's usually after a battery pull, I think, if not then it's after everything other than a battery pull.

Droid-Xer
11-30-2010, 08:23 PM
When you factory reset, you stay footed and you keep certain root apps. You have to sbf if you want to be completely like new out of thebox.

Droid-Xer
11-30-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm getting the same issues you are with the BigDXSerenity ROM, it's usually after a battery pull, I think, if not then it's after everything other than a battery pull.

Serenity is a theme. Are you running it over the stock rom?

fraggy4
11-30-2010, 11:05 PM
My bad, I meant theme. But yes I am running stock.

Droidinite
12-01-2010, 12:27 AM
To get rid of the bootloader when your phone boots up you have to download droid x bootstrapper and select bootstrap recovery. This has worked for me when I had this issue

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

PeaceMaker
12-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm good now, but I can't sbf. I wanted to clean everything out since I'm running stock anyway. Apex had too many issues.

C Dippa
12-02-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm good now, but I can't sbf.

Sbf shouldn't be necessary unless you really messed it up...have you tried just doing a factory reset?

Droid-Xer
12-02-2010, 12:06 PM
+1 factory reset first. You keep root, but phone is stock otherwise. Boot into stock recovery...power off>hold power button and home button, release home button when M screen pops up, small Droid and! Push search hard key, then use volume rocker to move up/down and camera button to select.

PeaceMaker
12-06-2010, 10:18 PM
yea factory reset does weird things like install apps i had before i did the hard reset...

C Dippa
12-06-2010, 11:47 PM
The installing apps is probably just the market restoring your apps because you have downloaded them before...nothing to worry about, just uninstall the ones you don't want.

If your problems persist, then try sbf if nothing else works.

Sent from my DROIDX

PeaceMaker
12-07-2010, 08:03 AM
hah, yeah, well SBF doesn't work:
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/hacking-help/12756-what-do-i-do-if-sbf-doesnt-work-phone-not-bricked.html

firemarshallvin
12-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Having same issue now myself. Was rooted, no roms or the like. Just unrooted and now when I poweroff, then on it goes to ClockworkMod Recovery. I just want to be ready for the update is all. Is it looking for root and that's why this pops up? it does give me the option to install the update.zip on SD card, what will that do? Isn't that an update of sorts? I'll check the date on it and see what's going on, but can't be having this. Also, I noticed that the few Bloatware apps that I froze while rooted (thawed before unrooting) are still missing.

budmonster
12-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Having same issue now myself. Was rooted, no roms or the like. Just unrooted and now when I poweroff, then on it goes to ClockworkMod Recovery. I just want to be ready for the update is all. Is it looking for root and that's why this pops up? it does give me the option to install the update.zip on SD card, what will that do? Isn't that an update of sorts? I'll check the date on it and see what's going on, but can't be having this. Also, I noticed that the few Bloatware apps that I froze while rooted (thawed before unrooting) are still missing.

clockwork is still there even where you unroot. you have to remove it manually, maybe somewhere here can help out, im curious too. why did you unroot for? i heard that you don't have to be unrooted to receive the update? im sitting at stock 2.2 v2.3.15 waiting for the update.

there is a 3.340 update.zip over XDA but i'm afraid to flash it lol. i dont know what is need to do it?

firemarshallvin
12-09-2010, 03:27 PM
I unrooted because of the update, want sure if it will come through with root. I'll try removing clockwork again, if I can find.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PeaceMaker
12-14-2010, 03:24 PM
I unrooted because of the update, want sure if it will come through with root. I'll try removing clockwork again, if I can find.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You guys dont have to wait any longer. Just Check for updates in Settings > About Phone and it will prompt to download. I think the issue of restarting into bootstrap is resolved by doing a battery pull. This isn't happening for me anymore. I still want to SBF so I can start from scratch though.