PDA

View Full Version : Help with Black Notification Bar on 2.2

marvelous7325
11-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Hello, I was wondering if somebody could give me a step by step to making the status bar black on froyo 2.2. im using the walk thru on xda at Dark Gray Status Bar and Transparent shade - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=733966). i don't know where to input the code, what program to use. I don't want to put a rom on my phone, and yes i am rooted. I just want this notification bar black to match my custom black htc keyboard. Thanks for your help. Btw, it would great for step by step from the xda link because i downloaded a zip off there website, but if you have an easier, and more efficient way, go right ahead.

wicked
11-27-2010, 07:41 PM
You need to deodex your phone before you can mod your notification bar
here's info on how to do that http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/8269-new-easy-deodex-odex-our-own-928droid.html

once you've deodexed download ROM Manager and grab the Blackmodz from Onix Concepts. this won't mod anything except your notification bar

or here's another alternative Simple Black bar Mod For Blur Roms By ArmyRanger - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bgill55/91014-simple-black-bar-mod-blur-roms-armyranger.html)

hope this helps

AirJordan
11-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Would I be able to install one of those bar mods in marvelous's link over top of Sephtin's black bar mod running rubiX focused 1.8.9? Would I have to do anything special, or could I just install the zip right now?

wicked
11-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Would I be able to install one of those bar mods in marvelous's link over top of Sephtin's black bar mod running rubiX focused 1.8.9? Would I have to do anything special, or could I just install the zip right now?

Not quite sure on the compatability, not sure if they will work with a specific ROM before applying any mods on top of what you have now try going to the original forum/thread for Sephtin's or Rubix focused 1.8.9
Or you can just try it and just restore a backup if you botch things up...I don't suggest this though lol

AirJordan
11-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Hmm... I just found this thread: Froyo 2.2 Dark Gray StatusBar - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=760553)

It's the same thread pretty much, but it's updated to be compatible with Froyo 2.2 ota. The instructions it gives to get the bar that I want working are:
"Download smoked.zip and copy the contents, (framework-res.apk and services.jar) to the root of your sdcard. Now enter the code below with adb or terminal emulator.
Version (2) http://teenfaces.com/froyo/smoked_fixed.zip

code:
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/services.jar /system/framework
cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

It doesn't mention anywhere if this would be compatible with any kind of rom, but if I try this, what would be the risks?

wicked
11-27-2010, 08:28 PM
worst case scenario is you can get stuck in a bootloop? not quite sure but it's best to be ready if that does happen.
I have used metamamorph to install some mods and If for some reason the mod doesnt take, I just restore to my latest backup.
Like the other day I tried to install the Clear notification bar Metamorph mod by droidpirate but it didn't take since I have nextheme installed
so I had to restore backup

AirJordan
11-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Well I'm gonna try this now and hope it works!

wicked
11-27-2010, 08:35 PM
good luck and let me know if it works

AirJordan
11-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Well before I was able to finish typing in the terminal emulator code, my phone rebooted and is working, but I'm going to have to restore my previous backup and try again because once my phone started up, everything began to force close. It almost looked like it removed the rubiX rom and reverted me back to stock, just with the new notification bar. It looked awesome though so I need to try again! :p

EDIT: It's not letting me restore any of my backups, it just says:
Checking MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!

Am I doing something wrong or do i need to sbf?

Turn out all 3 of my nandroid backups are corrupt because I used spaces while renaming them... So I'm going to have to sbf my phone. I'm downloading the sbf file right now from multiupload, but it is taking forever, does anyone have a better download link for it?

AirJordan
11-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Turns out all 3 of my nandroid backups are corrupt because I used spaces while renaming them... So I'm going to have to sbf my phone. I'm downloading the sbf file right now from multiupload, but it is taking forever, does anyone have a better download link for it?

wicked
11-27-2010, 10:34 PM
damn that sucks bro

here's a link Droid X Full 2.2 SBF (http://rootzwiki.com/index.php/Main-Page/Droid-X-Full-2.2-SBF.html)

AirJordan
11-27-2010, 10:40 PM
No biggie I didn't really have anything that I didn't want to lose. Alright I'm downloading that... I that I might need to revert my sd card back to how it was stock cause I think I screwed up some files on it too, do you know how I could do that?

wicked
11-27-2010, 10:50 PM
go to Settings->SD Card & Phone storage->Unmount SD card->Format SD Card
this is from the phone menu once you've restarted your phone

AirJordan
11-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Alright, thanks man. Hopefully this all goes smooth and I don't screw anything else up. =/

wicked
11-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Good luck!

marvelous7325
11-28-2010, 10:37 PM
everything is working fine except for the very last step. going into rom manager and applying the black bar mod theme. i go into reboot recovery to do it from there and i still get an incomplete. now im stuck with that ugly 928 deodex theme with all the droid eyes everywhere. thanks for all the help, once this is done, i'll be totally happy

edit: so i go to rom list under rom manager to install the black modz by onix, and it won't install, is something wrong that im doing?

marvelous7325
11-28-2010, 11:33 PM
ok i got everything to work now...whew. thanks for all the help. i deeply appreciate it. now my main question is what can i delete off my sd card because a lot of things are taking up space. im assuming anything other than the black bar mod theme?

wicked
11-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Alright, thanks man. Hopefully this all goes smooth and I don't screw anything else up. =/

So how's things with your phone now?

wicked
11-28-2010, 11:44 PM
ok i got everything to work now...whew. thanks for all the help. i deeply appreciate it. now my main question is what can i delete off my sd card because a lot of things are taking up space. im assuming anything other than the black bar mod theme?

Like what files are you wanting to delete? Media files (photos, videos, music etc.) is what takes up alot of the space...

marvelous7325
11-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Like what files are you wanting to delete? Media files (photos, videos, music etc.) is what takes up alot of the space...

Everything is fine now. i had noticed that in the process of trying to get the theme to work over and over again, the phone had made 4 back ups from 700-800mb. i deleted the 3 oldest and it gave me 2gb back. also, i deleted the 928 folder and zip (i hope that was ok to do). so far everything is smooth. once again thank you, im 100% happy with my black notification bar and black htc keyboard!!

AirJordan
11-28-2010, 11:53 PM
So how's things with your phone now?

I had some struggles getting everything working with the SBF, but it's all good now. I'm back on stock right now and I think I'm going to just flash rubiX again and maybe a theme and leave it at that for now. Though I might try adding that bar again, since I have working backups now and I know how to SBF if I need to.

wicked
11-28-2010, 11:57 PM
ok glad to hear it. yeah just make sure NO SPACES lol

AirJordan
11-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Yea haha, that was a bummer to find out.

Shayes
11-29-2010, 01:22 PM
hey guys, I'm a noob so I was wondering of you could guide me along.

I have a DX with flyx 0.1 final. my brother said I might need to update this rom in order to get black bar, but I'm not sure where to look for that. also, will I need to deodex, and where do I start?

wicked
11-29-2010, 02:05 PM
FlyX final is the final build for that ROM, the dev is no longer updating it so there's no update for it.
I don't know whether your brother is telling you to update to a diff ROM or what.
Probably a good idea to flash a different ROM that has support for it.

Deodex info/download here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/8269-new-easy-deodex-odex-our-own-928droid.html

There's plenty of ways to get a black status bar, you can install a theme that comes with a black bar or if and when
you do decide to flash a diffrent ROM, look up Sephtin's black bar mod which works with numerous different ROMS
also Blackmodz by Onix Concepts

Shayes
11-29-2010, 11:04 PM
FlyX final is the final build for that ROM, the dev is no longer updating it so there's no update for it.
I don't know whether your brother is telling you to update to a diff ROM or what.
Probably a good idea to flash a different ROM that has support for it.

Deodex info/download here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/8269-new-easy-deodex-odex-our-own-928droid.html

There's plenty of ways to get a black status bar, you can install a theme that comes with a black bar or if and when
you do decide to flash a diffrent ROM, look up Sephtin's black bar mod which works with numerous different ROMS
also Blackmodz by Onix Concepts
thanks a lot

does anyone have any experience with flyx and black bar?

silv3rskeeter
11-30-2010, 03:53 PM
thanks for all the help guys, i finally got my black notification bar going through the deodexer and blackmodz route, however i do have one tiny problem if one,
my clock and calendar dates are black on the black notification bar, its kind of hard to see, i was thinking they'd be white like in the the pictures. anyone have any clue as to why my phone turned out this way? and how to get it to be white letters/numbers?

i had to use bootstrap to boot into recovery mode and install the blackmodz.zip , if that helps with anything.

Shayes
12-01-2010, 01:04 AM
i should also mention ive installed the swype.zip through recovery mode, so if that needs deodexing too, then i guess im already deodexed because that worked flawlessly. if its that simple, then tell me where to get this zip, and im good