PDA

View Full Version : Anyone change the lockscreen sliders icons??

mpetruzz
11-27-2010, 10:11 AM
So I was poking around online and saw a thread on how to change the lockslider icons. There were a ton of options, but nothing I tried worked. The thread wasn't for Droid X, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Has anyone changed their lockscreen slider and if so how.

Thanks!

dennyjones
11-28-2010, 11:39 AM
an app called goto

bill12690
11-28-2010, 03:32 PM
try widgetlocker, there's tons of options if you check out the thread over at xda, just google widletlocker mods, its worth checking out

Sysadmin-X
11-28-2010, 04:19 PM
try widgetlocker, there's tons of options if you check out the thread over at xda, just google widletlocker mods, its worth checking out

I agree with bill12690, widgetlocker is a great app. It has a low price on the market 1.99 or less I think (US). Next, you are able to extract the apk from /data/app (must be roote) and explore to the res/drawable-hdpi folder and replace the image with other sliders that users have made... The process wasnt too bad. I tried to do it with root explorer and ninjamorph, but couldn't get my changes to stick and re-install correctly with the replaced images.

The original guide is on xda forums if you just search for Widgetlocker mods... The OP also has a link to a tool that allows you to edit the files on your computer, then re-sign the apk and push back to your phone for installation...that's how I did it at least....

bill12690
11-28-2010, 11:05 PM
I've used ninjamorph successfully, only once though, on my D1.. since then I just use the apkmanager method in the original thread over at xda

killathrilla
11-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I tried editing the icons in framework-res.apk within a theme and the sliders become visually non-responsive, i started using widgetlocker and the mods work perfectly. +1 for Widgetlocker.

inkdaddy66
11-28-2010, 11:47 PM
I'll have to give that app a go ahead.
an app called goto

DXmeatclaws via tapatalk

wicked
11-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I'll have to give that app a go ahead.

DXmeatclaws via tapatalk

I tried out this app and got got rid of it, drained my battery. This is an older version I had though. The newer version is supposed to have had it's memory leak issues fixed.
I might give this newer version a try. I really liked the whole look of it.

inkdaddy66
11-29-2010, 08:16 AM
How do you mod the sliders within the app?
I tried editing the icons in framework-res.apk within a theme and the sliders become visually non-responsive, i started using widgetlocker and the mods work perfectly. +1 for Widgetlocker.

DXmeatclaws via tapatalk

1KDS
11-29-2010, 07:22 PM
anyone able to get it modded like this?
http://i53.tinypic.com/sf9pbm.png

AirJordan
11-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Isn't that just rubiX with Widget Locker? Or did someone mod the lockscreen themselves, because I don't think the charging status is shown with Widget Locker.

1KDS
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
rubiX uses the 2.1 lockscreen sliders, not a curved one, the screenshot is from a thread about unleashed 3.0 ROM, I was wondering if anyone else had done it.