PDA

View Full Version : will the otterbox commuter fit into Seidio holder?

droidxdroid
11-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi,i'm new here and am curious about something

I have a Seidio innocase surface with holder. I'm interested in the Otterbox commuter series . The bottom half looks similar and am curious if it would fit in the Seidio holder/clip.

That's the one thing I hate about Otterbox is that they don't come with the clip.

I'm sure someone is going to suggest the Seidio rugged add on..... thanks but I have the smaller extended battery from motorola and it makes the innocase split just slightly. I noticed that the Otterbox will accommodate the extended battery. Also I don't like the fact you have to remove the outer shell of the Seidio rugged to charge.

Thanks , Steve

KPGerber
11-26-2010, 05:23 PM
I can't help with your main question, but wanted to comment on the rugged. You can charge with the rugged outer on the phone, by lifting the rubber cover away from the charge/hdmi ports. It works that way for me with the home or car chargers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

droidxdroid
11-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry, I was under the impression you had to remove the outer cover to access the ports.... My Bad. Not sure if I want such a " Thick and bulky " case. what's your opinion of the bulkiness ??

KPGerber
11-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I actually like the thickness and bulk most of the time. Makes me feel like its well protected and safe from my occasional drops. I'll remove the rugged outer about 2-3 times a week when I'm using it at home, usually leave the surface case on. Another thing I like; I can hang the clipped holster on a bracket in my work truck and place the phone face out for access/ viewing. Pretty handy that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App