PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking the Droid X

GrinReaper
11-26-2010, 03:17 AM
So i am running the DX on Rubix Focussed 1.8.6 with the black juice theme. And I tried overclocking with Jrummys app.
for me the last stable clockspeed is 1.35 ghz at any voltage. IF i go over that, the phone becomes unstable and largely unresponsive for seconds at time
1.35 ghz at Ultra low voltage gives me quadrant scores of about 1700+ and Linpack of 18 MFlops.

Now, why do some phones give 1.45 ghz clock speeds while others don't. Is there anything I can tinker with which will make it be smooth at 1.45 Ghz !?

Thanks in advance

wicked
11-26-2010, 03:46 AM
Even though OUR phones have the same chips in them, they vary for one reason or another.
Be glad that you're able to OC at 1.35ghz, some can't even OC over 1.1 w/o their phones being unstable.
Mine is the same as yours, anything over 1.35 my phone crashes. Be happy :)

and to answer your question, there's nothing you or myself can do to get those clockspeeds and have good results.

psychotic_penguin
11-26-2010, 09:00 AM
The folks that got their X's on release day alot of them can't OC past 1.1. On mine I can go all the way up to 1.45 on JRummys app, it just a luck of the draw.

crunkfrunk
11-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Has anyone been able to OC on the 2.3.15 system update? Every time I try to apply the settings using the unstable apps app it crashes, I miss 1.3 ghz power

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid-Xer
11-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Has anyone been able to OC on the 2.3.15 system update? Every time I try to apply the settings using the unstable apps app it crashes, I miss 1.3 ghz power

The app probably isn't compatible with the leaked update. Maybe email jrummy to see if he's working on an update for it, which I'm sure he is.

psychotic_penguin
11-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Update the app, it works fine after the update from a couple of days ago

crunkfrunk
11-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Using unstable apps DX/D2 overclocker? I haven't seen an update

GrinReaper
11-26-2010, 11:06 PM
There was an update a few days back for the JRummy App. Yea even the update didn't make a difference...
Sigh...you think Gingerbread can make a difference ? The quadrant scores are weird too...they change even in back to back benchmarks.

bcals0087
11-27-2010, 02:14 AM
im running the 2.3.32 leak and i'm overclocking using jrummy's app. There was an update a couple days ago and it has worked for my phone. Just about anything I run it under is stable, I guess processors are like dna, none are truly the same.

BadMedicine
11-27-2010, 08:53 AM
I recently bought a new battery just to have as a backup and I was reading the manufacturing label and it was made in China and finished in Japan. However, my original battery was made in China and finished in China. I believe the processors go through the same thing. Some are made in different places with slightly different (but compatible) components. And heck, Motorola could have switched suppliers after release day (price points, economic factors, supply issues etc) whatever. My point being, like some have mentioned, is that the processors in different batches of phones are more than likely different.

GrinReaper
11-28-2010, 12:32 PM
The overclocking is working great for me...2 days of constant usage (angry birds most times) and other data.....and standard battery and i am still just at 50%

crunkfrunk
11-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Found a free app called milestone overclock and it works great, I also use set cpu for executing profiles in addition

Droid-Xer
11-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Found a free app called milestone overclock and it works great, I also use set cpu for executing profiles in addition

The Milestone app is what all the other overclock apps are based off, except the creators of the milestone app are open source purists and believe there shouldnt be a fee for these apps.