PDA

View Full Version : what did i do?

Mckilljoyy
11-25-2010, 10:33 PM
i have dx with z4root, koush's bootstrapper. i tried some themes all went well. did not like them so i used my nandroid backup to recover back to where i was before the roms. phone was working fine thought i was deodexed ran bootstrap and reboot recovery to install theme. when i rebooted i get all the way past the boot images then phone starts to force close everything. how can i get in to clockwork to recover

psychotic_penguin
11-25-2010, 10:49 PM
What ROM are you on, what theme did you try and flash, more info please

Mckilljoyy
11-25-2010, 10:56 PM
sorry i was on stock rom with ota 2.2, then downloaded rubiX blurry(dont remember the number) and the revolution remix theme. did not like that rom so did my recovery and downloaded rubix focused. did not like it either so i recovered back to stock rom again. wanted a black theme so did some researching and found out that i could run custom themes if i was deodexed. so i researched how to and where to download deodex zip. everytime i tried to download the zip it said DL unsuccessful, so i googled some stuff and came u with it was deodexed, so i ran the bootstrapper to load the theme and now this is happening

psychotic_penguin
11-25-2010, 11:21 PM
The stock OTA is odexed, and every other theme you mentioned is deodexed and has Blur except RubiX Focused is Blurless. Did you deodex before installing any of these ROMs? With everything you did you probably corrupted the data, if I were you I'd do a factory reset and start all over.

Do a backup prior to any modification to your phone after the reset, use this backup as your base starting point a nice clean untouched install. Most Roms and the themes for them are deodexed, a good place to start is 928Droid Themes for the Droid X (http://www.928droid.com/DroidX.htm) this file NEW!! - 928Droid Black Glass X DeOdexEERR ! will deodex your phone and install the 928Droid's Black Glass theme. If you don't like his theme, on the same page I linked there's a back to stock flash Droid X Official OTA 2.2 Froyo 2.3.15 "Back to Stock", this will return your phone to stock, but deodexed!

Another suggestion, have a look at the ROM screenshot before flashing it to your phone, screenshots are everywhere. Make a decision if you want to have Blur on your phone or if you want to be Blurless and refrain from flashing back and forth. Most developers will tell you to wipe data and cache prior to installing a new ROM, this is to erase the files and have them install clean. Alot of times when you don't wipe the data will get corrupted and you get what you're experiencing now

Mckilljoyy
11-25-2010, 11:30 PM
thank you for your help but what i am not understanding is how to reset the phone, i can't get in to any of the settings, it starts popping up force close windows at the first screen where you would normally unlock after a boot up and every time i FC it pops right back up, the FC are for swype, voice commands voice search etc. And every time i tried something new i did do a nanroid backup and data/cache wipes, if there is a way to get in to the boot loader without actually having to click the icon in the drawer i have clean backups just don't know how to access them now that i cant get past the first screen. once again thanks for all te help

Abe21599
11-25-2010, 11:33 PM
to wipe, power up while holding home then press the search button once an ! comes up.

psychotic_penguin
11-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks Abe...forgot to mention how to do that!

Mckilljoyy
11-25-2010, 11:41 PM
you guys are all awesome i got my phone wping right now this forum and its users rock i wish i could repay u for your help :)

psychotic_penguin
11-26-2010, 12:00 AM
You just did........and you can click on the thanks button for anyone that you feel has helped you in the forum!

Mckilljoyy
11-26-2010, 12:09 AM
well OK, i got in to the clockwork and did the factory reset/data wipe option and now stuck on boot image

Phildo
11-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Sometimes, but not always, a battery pull will fix that. Might try that before doing anything else

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

psychotic_penguin
11-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Are you up and running?

Mckilljoyy
11-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Thank you all I am up and running did the battery pull, left it out all nite after I did the power up sequence last nite. Once again you all rock and I will be a little more carefull in the future. Hope my next thread is a good one, lol :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

psychotic_penguin
11-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Right on!