PDA

View Full Version : LCD Density on "FontChanger" from the Market

prestonbrownie
11-25-2010, 04:24 PM
I've recently purchased the FontChanger app on the Market by martino, and I noticed that it has an LCD Density Changer...Before I changed it, I figured I would ask here...

Is it safe to change my LCD Density? And has anyone successfully done it on a DroidX with this app?

mpdx13
11-25-2010, 04:47 PM
You should be fine with it. The lower you go, the higher the resolution, therefore, the smaller everything on-screen will be (more real estate). The default res should be 240 on your droidx. Try 230, then 220....etc. I like 220.

prestonbrownie
11-25-2010, 11:06 PM
When I lowered it to 220, I noticed that many things in the status bar became blurry and kinda ugly haha...same with my Fancy Widget. SUPER blurry. An unforeseen side effect, I guess. Any way to stop that from happening? Or should I just stick with 240?

mpdx13
11-26-2010, 04:01 AM
I too have a very slight blur with icons in the notification bar, not the actual fonts. But all other icons and fonts look fine. Im not sure if there is a way around that. Have you tried other res's? Pehaps, just like with lcd pc monitors, these little displays have a sweet spot they look best at. Try adjusting by 10's and see how it goes. But be careful and don't go to far. Let me know how you make out.