PDA

View Full Version : Reverting back to stock 2.1 on the Droid X

glockhit
11-23-2010, 03:46 PM
I have the 2.2 leaked version on my droid x. I am ready to revert back to 2.1 and update my phone to the new version. I would like to be able to receive the latest updates through Verizon/Motorola with my phones update.
I watched a video titled “Reverting back to stock 2.1 on the droid x, part 1 and 2” by YouTube member codyB94. There were a few files to download for the flash, etc. to the 2.1 version. I am ready to try it out. Has anyone here done this using his instructions? Also assuming everything goes smoothly will I be able to go to “update” on my phone once converted back and have Verizon recognize this version as not updated and update it to 2.2. Thanks in advance for any information.

Droid-Xer
11-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Haven't done this but I believe you need the 2.1 sbf file to flash back to stock 2.1 then you can do the ota update to 2.2 and it will be a stock 2.2 phone.

C Dippa
11-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Correct...I have done it with 2.1. After sbf, the phone will boot up and you will tell it to check for updates...it does it's thing and you're on OTA 2.2.

Make sure you have the full 2.1 sbf...the one I used was called" the_gift.zip". Haven't used the youtube video, but it's worth a try I guess.

Sent from my DROIDX

Abe21599
11-23-2010, 08:05 PM
heres a link to help

Few Things To Know When Going TO/FROM 2.2 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/83313-few-things-know-when-going-2-2-a.html)

glockhit
11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
heres a link to help

Few Things To Know When Going TO/FROM 2.2 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/83313-few-things-know-when-going-2-2-a.html)Thanks for the link. The folder that I downloaded from this guys instruction link seems to contain the necessary files. He has actually done most of the work. It looks pretty good. I guess I'll give it a try. I'll see what happens. "to brick , or not to brick..that is the question"