PDA

View Full Version : Video issues?

mikeytoth
11-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Has anyone had any video issues like pixelating and blocking when shooting in 720p with all the settings untouched? my wifes x is taking some f@#ked up videos and was wondering if anyone heard of such a thing. Hopefully with the update coming will somehow fix this issue. I have had not the same issue on my x, the settings are the same on mine as hers. Thanks.

dvdcatalyst
11-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Is there anything else different between the 2 phones, such as 1 rooted, the other not?

While not directly related, the last couple of days I have been having weird issues with brief silence periods during calls (people can still hear me, but I can not hear them for a few seconds), and after messing around, I am currently suspecting either rooting in geeral causing the problem, or, more likely, SetCPU at its default settings.
My suspicion on SetCPU being the problem is because it might be that during the call, it might downclock the CPU, resulting in not enough horsepower to handle the 2-way datasteam.

If your wife's phone is running SetCPu, it could that a similar thing is happening during recording.

mikeytoth
12-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Sorry it took this long to reply, but my phone is rooted and hers is not. She has everything stock on her phone with no apps for utilities such as setcpu. Just your basic froyo droid x. Now my video is better than hers but a little grainy. Hopefully the upcoming 2.2.1 update can fix this issue.

dvdcatalyst
12-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Sorry it took this long to reply, but my phone is rooted and hers is not. She has everything stock on her phone with no apps for utilities such as setcpu. Just your basic froyo droid x. Now my video is better than hers but a little grainy. Hopefully the upcoming 2.2.1 update can fix this issue.

Do you experience the same issue when taking pictures?

Maybe try and put both phones next to eachother, point them to the same area and set them to record, and do a compare afterwards?