PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I Rooted and Did Titanium Backup - Question

Cigator
11-17-2010, 08:57 AM
After succesfully rooting (yay, it was stressful), I loaded Titanium Pro and did the complete back-up. So I have the Titanium folder on the sd card with the complete back-up. Do I need to copy that file to my pc. I'm guessing if I have to wipe the phone for any reason, i will lose this Titanium back-up on my sd card (Is that correct?). If I do have to move it to my pc, how do I do that?. All my file transfers have been wireless from my pc to my phone (isyncr and awesome drop). Is there a wireless way to move my Titanium back-up folder to my pc wirelessly? Thanks.

smalltowngirl13
11-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Congrats on the rooting!!

Your SD card should be safe in a phone data wipe, however, it is still a good idea to back up to the PC in the event the SD card would become corrupt and the files not viewable...You can attach your X to your computer via USB (mass storage mode) and drag / drop files that way. And there is a couple of "bluetooth file transfer" apps in the market that would work for wireless transfer if your PC / Laptop has BT capability...

Good luck!!

Casen
11-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Dropbox is also a good way to go about it.

thechin
11-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I have also recently rooted my X. I have made a complete backup with titanium. My question is, while reading in the forum I see talk of installing DX bootstrap and making a nandroid backup. If im not planning on messing with roms, I just rooted basically for a few apps, do I need to mess with the bootstrap and making a backup? Thanks

1KDS
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
No, probably not. The nandroid backup is used when flashing to new roms in case things go horribly wrong. If you just rooted to use adfree or other root apps I wouldn't worry about it.

plumcrazy
11-22-2010, 04:59 AM
i couldnt get titanium backup to work. it DL'd but couldnt find it anywhere on the x.