PDA

View Full Version : Access internal storage via PC with rooted Droid X

RayRay
11-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I am having a hard time finding search results for it. Is there a way to access the X's internal phone storage via the PC? Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the SD card. I have ROOT EXPLORER and see that you can browse the internal storage on phone. I would like to be able to access the internal phone memory like the way you can with the SD card via USB connection to PC. Thanks.

JFMFT
11-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Not possible from everything I've researched so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid-Xer
11-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Just plug your phone in and switch to USB mass storage. Then open up your SD card and view your files. Edit, transfer, delete anything on your card. This is how I sync my music through iTunes using isyncer.

lu270bro
11-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Just plug your phone in and switch to USB mass storage. Then open up your SD card and view your files. Edit, transfer, delete anything on your card. This is how I sync my music through iTunes using isyncer.
I think the op was talking about the 8gb internal storage not the SD card. And I don't think it's possible yet.

not sent from iFail...it cant

Droid-Xer
11-17-2010, 10:46 AM
D'oh!!!!

joeyc1123
02-18-2011, 01:32 PM
just plug your phone in and switch to usb mass storage. Then open up your sd card and view your files. Edit, transfer, delete anything on your card. This is how i sync my music through itunes using isyncer.

jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrAsH_OvErIdE
02-19-2011, 07:10 PM
(O_o)

<<(^_^)>>

tgyberg
02-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I grabbed root explorer myself to try and take advantage of that internal storage. I put a test movie and picture on the internal storage but I'm unable to view either file. So I'm not sure there is any advantage to having access at all..

SomeDooD
03-02-2011, 02:20 PM
That blows. I really wish I could use some of that space. It's pretty much untouched in space.

Gorgarath
03-02-2011, 02:48 PM
If you have custom ringtones, I believe you could move them to internal storage instead of on the SD card which would free up some space on your SD card, and I'd imagine that would make them still work when you have your phone plugged into your PC.

RayRay
03-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Yes, you are right, I have my favorite ringtone on the internal. Now I don't have to worry about the ringtone going to default every time my phone is plugged into the computer.