PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions...

boston0108
11-15-2010, 07:21 PM
So I finally rooted last night, and got my first rom loaded. So today I was looking around and decided to change the rom. I followed the install directions, and I guess it's my fault, but I lost allll my freaking applications that i downloaded when it rebooted, because it basically started over. My question is, when I wipe cache/data, is that was causes this? All my pictures are still there, so does it not touch the sd card? Also, do I have to do this every time I want to install a new rom/theme?

USMC_jd
11-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Yes...wiping data and cache will erase everything on your device. The best thing to do is to backup with something like titanium backup and then do a restore. That will back up all your apps. Also...wiping data/cache does not do anything with your sd card.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Ryan M
11-15-2010, 07:27 PM
usually themes will not do this but most roms will unless your upgrading with a update patch. However if you sync data with google when you set up your google acct. it will re-download all your apps for you

boston0108
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Ok, another question. I did do a backup with titanium backup, so I found all my apps, the only thing is, am I going to have to hit install on EVERY one of these as they reinstall, or is there a faster way?

Ryan M
11-16-2010, 07:39 PM
honestly i am not very familiar with titanium i have never used it i just back up all my stuff via google

USMC_jd
11-16-2010, 07:57 PM
I think that if you have the pro or donate version that it is a one click install of all you data and apps back. Not 100% though because I have not actually did a restore with it yet.

Abe21599
11-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Ok, another question. I did do a backup with titanium backup, so I found all my apps, the only thing is, am I going to have to hit install on EVERY one of these as they reinstall, or is there a faster way?

paid version there is a batch restore option

FAMOUSX1
11-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I bought and installed titanium backup pro but I can't seem to find it on my phone. I tried to deleate and reinstall but still the same. Any one ever have this problem?

Ryan M
11-16-2010, 08:54 PM
i have never had that issue. maybe a stupid question but have you rebooted since the install? i mean it really shouldn't matter but couldn't hurt

FAMOUSX1
11-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Yea I rebooted. I don't want to install a rom until I backup. I may just have to try mybackuppro. Any one use boot strap. What is it for

Abe21599
11-16-2010, 09:50 PM
bootstrap is used to use recovery (which is where u can make a nandroid backup)