PDA

View Full Version : Heated phone

Nkcrpn
11-09-2010, 08:13 PM
After rooting and installing rubix focused 1.6 my phone has been getting around 105 lately(after hard use). That may not be that bad, but it used to sit around 10 lower after hard use before...

It also got down to 20% battery after being very light use during an 8 hour period. That may have been overclocking though...

Is this normal? What can I do? I don't even overclock it and it gets this hot...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

ryant35
11-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Mine gets hotter than 105 during hard use all the time, I was worried but people on this forum told me not to worry about it.

z06mike
11-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Some app is obviously staying open. If the phone is getting hot when not being used it is because of something running on it.
Download spare parts and see what is using the battery/CPU.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Drachnem
11-10-2010, 01:53 AM
My X has gotten so hot on the stock OS (2.1) that the paint on the bottom of the phone chipped off. I now run 1.6 rub. I can say that it is by far the best battery life I have seen and I experience no heat issues now.

heisenberg
11-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Take air duster and turn it upside down and spray the tissue and apply to back of phone....I do it to my laptop to keep it from shutting down

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xpoole
11-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Angry Birds makes mine get hot ...... hee hee. It cools right off after I give it a break though. Does anyone know how much would be too hot?

AdamTomaino
11-10-2010, 07:22 AM
I usually sit at about 78 degrees and after some power use i get to about 112 degrees. I think these temps are the more. If you are really worried, try SetCPU's underclock <Temp Profile. ( I personally seem to have alot of problems with SetCPU if i am OC'ing).-AT

Droid-Xer
11-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Ya, no two cpu's are exactly the same. This is why some people can overclock and be stable at 1.45ghz and others can only get to 1.15 ghz. Personally when I run the CPU hard and I have OCed to 1.35ghz I get up to about 109F. All I'll do is use setCPU to underclock to about 1.15ghz or even 900mhz for several minutes and the temp will drop to about 95F. At resting the CPU is about 75F. Download tempmonitor from the market, its like $1 but you can put the temp in the notification bar so you can keep track of it while having other windows open.