PDA

View Full Version : problems with battery saver and data manager after rooting

UNCMo96
11-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks to the help of this forum I am rooted and am wifi tethering. I've also installed Titanium Backup and the Droid X bootstrapper program.

I've noticed 3 quirks on my phone after rooting:

1. When I click on Data Manager in settings I get a Blank Screen

2. When I click on Battery Manager in settings and then click on the battery i get an error and have to close.

3. Randomly the system will freeze for about a second (This happens once a day or so).

Any Thoughts?

C Dippa
11-09-2010, 05:25 PM
None of those are related to having root access to your phone. It's what you do once you are rooted that can get you messed up if you're not careful.

1. Normal, it takes a little bit to load

2. Froyo Issue

3. It may lag every once in a while, but you could try a restart and see if it helps.

Sent from my DROIDX

UNCMo96
11-10-2010, 10:41 PM
After 2 or 3 restarts all is well... wierd...

Jawcase
11-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Same issue here, Rooted the phone with "1 click root", Used Titanium backup as per a guide I read, I just removed access to the bloatware, Didnt delete it. But after using the phone a bit I cannot access battery manager. Also sometimes the phone gets really hot even when not in use.

C Dippa
11-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Did you read my response above? The battery manager issue is a froyo issue, not related to root.

As far as it heating up, what else have you done since rooting? Overclock? Are you tethering?

bigmook
11-21-2010, 07:04 PM
I had the same problem and my fix... was to plug it in and let it charge. I rebooted three or four times without any sucess after plugging it in it worked fine